Become a Patron!

Anyone else notice MBV quality no longer there?

Raistlin908

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone, I was just wondering what everyone's experience is with MT. Baker Vapor? First order was awesome flavor was there, past few orders hardly any flavor, even with 4 extra shots, the couple of mentholated vapes seem like straight menthol no flavor!! I did proper steep time any everything, this happen to anyone else? Know of any other good quality inexpensive juice vendors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No, but I did notice they're hooked up and are promoting Njoy liquids via Twitter now.

A death sentence IMHO.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've only had a tiny handful of their flavors. I liked ONE. I wonder, though, with all the flavor shots, could it be over-flavored... One of the things I've learned with DIY is that too much flavor can kill your juice. Do you have any VG that you could dilute it with? Granted, it will knock your nic level down a bit, but it might help the flavor, too.

Raistlin908

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow, Njoy really, that explains a few things for sure. I'll try adding VG to see what happens, hopefully make something ok to vape at least

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They used to have quality? I've tried several of their flavors ..... That was a bad day in vaping.
Seriously though, go to Walgreens or WalMart and for 5$ you cam get a bottle of USP grade VG(make sure or says USP). and start diluting it. It'll also add a little body to the vape.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
MBV has always been substandard quality. I think people justify the taste with the moderate price point, but as far as flavor goes, MBV has always been about 3/10.

I've got a 240ml bottle of juice that's been steeping for 2 months, I got from MVB. If it hasn't improved by the next sampling, it's going down the sink. And I'll use the bottle for my DIY.

I like the prices on some of their hardware. But bad juice at any price, is still bad juice.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've got a 240ml bottle of juice that's been steeping for 2 months, I got from MVB. If it hasn't improved by the next sampling, it's going down the sink. And I'll use the bottle for my DIY.

I like the prices on some of their hardware. But bad juice at any price, is still bad juice.
Might I advise you not to do that, I had a bottle I tried reusing from them and the skunk taste was still there, it wouldn't go away. the only way to get the demon out was a sacrificial killing by gently placing the bottle in a pile of brush and lighting it ln fire,

Raistlin908

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any other vendor you guys recommend then? I still buy my craft stuff, just trying to find some juices to offset the cost a little bit if you know what I mean

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Any other vendor you guys recommend then? I still buy my craft stuff, just trying to find some juices to offset the cost a little bit if you know what I mean

How about DIY? That really saves some money :) If you're not sure how or what to do. The DIY section here provides some solid advise and recipes.

Start up cost will set you back, the first go around. But you don't need to buy every thing, every time you order something.

I spent about $150 this week. I bought scales, and re supplied my Flavors. But, my next order (in about 2 months) shouldn't be more than $60.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Trick is start by finding one good cheap adv through DIY then go from there.... some easy one off flavors these days
Or these guys come highly recommended. I've not tried them but people rave about them

http://vaping.watch/tmaxx-s-no-frills-ml-s

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hear great things about the one that firebird linked to. DIY is fun and tasty, but those guys sell 30ml for $6.

Raistlin908

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice, I would like to try DIY but i'll be honest I think I'll just mess it up. Might give it a try though

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nice, I would like to try DIY but i'll be honest I think I'll just mess it up. Might give it a try though

The easy way to try is just buy the base (pg/vg/nic) as a premix and then buy a few flavorings you want to try and see what you think. If you like it, you can either keep buying the base or start mixing that part as well::and save more money.
Thats how I started anyway. As soon as I saw how easy it was, I was hooked.
You can get the base here in whatever NiC level you like and a few different pg/vg ratios. they also sell some of the more popular flavorings .
http://www.ecigexpress.com/e-liquid-e-juice/nicotine-bases-top/1mg-24mg-bases-top.html

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am loyal to No One. MBV is all I buy. Just got 2 Gallons of VG from Bulk Apothecary. $38.00 Inc shipping. Never had any bad results with their flavors. I have never had a bad batch, some weak but my fault. I dump 15ml in a 75ml batch & am very happy with it. MFS supplies my nic. 40.00 Litter. I don't care for PG. Got 2 Gallons I rarely use. But that's just me. :cool:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

No you wont, that flavor is never coming out of that bottle.

Raistlin908

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am loyal to No One. MBV is all I buy. Just got 2 Gallons of VG from Bulk Apothecary. $38.00 Inc shipping. Never had any bad results with their flavors. I have never had a bad batch, some weak but my fault. I dump 15ml in a 75ml batch & am very happy with it. MFS supplies my nic. 40.00 Litter. I don't care for PG. Got 2 Gallons I rarely use. But that's just me. :cool:

So your saying their flavorings are good if you DIY instead of ordering it all premixed?

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
heartland vapes . com has a good deal on 250 ml bottle for 20 and 10 for shipping. I tried the banana cream and it was a good flavor but nothing speacial.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An easy way to get started with DIY is go to MamaJ's website and pick a few flavors. They are all pre mixed in one bottle so there is no recipe.
Just get vg, pg, vaperstek nicotine and mix MamaJ's flavor in at the recommended percentage and BAM! You've got great DIY juice!

Now that you have good mixes that are super easy to make and you have some confidence, you can try out mixing recipes up yourself found here and a ton of other places.

You will probably be under $60 for startup with a few syringes (10ml, 5ml, a few 1ml) and have about 300ml of juices to vape.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So your saying their flavorings are good if you DIY instead of ordering it all premixed?

They're better actually. That said, you're going to really screw some stuff up occasionally. That's why you take notes, and make small quantities to start.

And, it may taste bad the day you mix it. But a week of steeping, it taste like heaven. So never pour it out, unless it's REALLY F'd up. Give a test run a week or 2 to steep, before you trash it.

But the majority of mine are good to go, same day.

It's not that difficult really. Just read through the DIY section, and ask questions.

There are a ton of recipes there. You can quickly do a cost analysis of what's needed if you know what Flavors you like. And the cost, will drop as you move into future supply orders. Unless you run out of everything all at once.

Quick breakdown.

I've got about $60 invested in PGnic, VG base, and 4 Flavors this week. The next order, (if the PGnic base is okay), will be significantly lower ($35 USD) as I won't be needing additional flavoring. This single purchase, will last me almost 3 months. As will the next, but at half the price.

I figure 5 months worth of juice, well worth $100. And a couple of hours of my time. Just saying.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They're better actually. That said, you're going to really screw some stuff up occasionally. That's why you take notes, and make small quantities to start.

And, it may taste bad the day you mix it. But a week of steeping, it taste like heaven. So never pour it out, unless it's REALLY F'd up. Give a test run a week or 2 to steep, before you trash it.

But the majority of mine are good to go, same day.

It's not that difficult really. Just read through the DIY section, and ask questions.

There are a ton of recipes there. You can quickly do a cost analysis of what's needed if you know what Flavors you like. And the cost, will drop as you move into future supply orders. Unless you run out of everything all at once.

Quick breakdown.

I've got about $60 invested in PGnic, VG base, and 4 Flavors this week. The next order, (if the PGnic base is okay), will be significantly lower ($35 USD) as I won't be needing additional flavoring. This single purchase, will last me almost 3 months. As will the next, but at half the price.

I figure 5 months worth of juice, well worth $100. And a couple of hours of my time. Just saying.
Gotta ad... your total fuck ups wont be total fuck ups. ive had more than a few that were just terrible, so I split them in half added some base and a Flavor that complimented what was there and came out with some fantastic juice.
Think of it as an experimental kitchen. as you learn the individual flavor profiles you'll come up with some awesome juice.
Remember...' sweet and savory'

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

All I am saying is I have stellar results making my own juice. They use the same stuff in what they mix & sell. I see what goes in My juice because I make it. Some are Bitchin' about "purity" of juice, were former smokers for cryin' out loud. ;)

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MT bakers is the only place that has Jazzy Boba in 120ml ....WIN in my book.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thegrindejuice and mechsauce, like $20 for 120ml bottles. Mechsauce ends up being slightly more than that with shipping.

VU Sponsors