Become a Patron!

Anyone else out there suffer from insomnia?

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a hard time sleeping and I don't get much of it. I was laying here and going to try to sleep and it wasn't working. Now my damn hybrids resided it is time to rattle, knock over and bar around everything they can get their paws on. It sounds like a bowling ally and the rest of the family is out like it is a peaceful night under the stars. I was actually kinda tired and now I'm awake. I was looking forward to my monthly 6-8 hour night, but no. Friggin beasts.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take two sleeping kittens half hour before bed

Sleeping_kittens_3_by_Lena_Panthera.jpg

N

Newheart301

My insomnia is caused by my anti-rejection meds. I get about 5 hours sleep a night , in about 1 hour stints. Sleeping pills don't mix with my meds so I'm just SOL, been this way for 16 years now. Good luck.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I've had insomnia since practically birth, and can't remember the last time I slept for more than 4 hours straight. Most nights, 2-3 hours is all I can manage. Some days I can make up for it by taking a nap in the afternoon or evening, but even then it's usually for about an hour.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a hard time sleeping and I don't get much of it. I was laying here and going to try to sleep and it wasn't working. Now my damn hybrids resided it is time to rattle, knock over and bar around everything they can get their paws on. It sounds like a bowling ally and the rest of the family is out like it is a peaceful night under the stars. I was actually kinda tired and now I'm awake. I was looking forward to my monthly 6-8 hour night, but no. Friggin beasts.
Cats?? Bengal? Savannah?

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cats?? Bengal? Savannah?

A Bengal mix ( maincoon we think, he's a rescue) , F5 Bengal, F6 Savannah and an F5 Savanna. The F5 is only 4 months old so he is a terror and he has decided to stick with his feline roots and be nocturnal.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a hard time sleeping if I doze off on the couch, then get up and go to bed, then I lay there for hours.
I used to sleep with a box fan on, but trying to get out of that habit. picked it up living in the racous city of Tacoma, now I live in Shelton, Washington. I get great sleep when all is quiet, but usually, the cats are knocking shit over.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a hard time sleeping if I doze off on the couch, then get up and go to bed, then I lay there for hours.
I used to sleep with a box fan on, but trying to get out of that habit. picked it up living in the racous city of Tacoma, now I live in Shelton, Washington. I get great sleep when all is quiet, but usually, the cats are knocking shit over.
They're good at that

Wyckmix

Member For 5 Years
Yeah i suffer from insomnia as well, even medicine doctors have prescribed have little to no effect. I've just come to the conclusion that I have to live on 3-4 hours sleep everyday..kinda used to it now..lol

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mine like jumping on my stomach, pawing at my face, etc
NO I left that out.. he paws inches close then cheek rubs the nose followed with a few licks...
Damned thing has always had the worse breath ever, good teeth just horrible breath.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Our kitten is 4 months. A regular 4 month old kitten, not bad. He is not a regular kitten, he is big. He finds a way to jump and give me a nut shot at less a few days a week. Not exactly waking up on the right side of bed lol.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sleep aids have opposite effect on me, almost near panick attack. Its like my body is falling asleep before my brain, then I freak out.
Unfortunately, alcohol helps me sleep. 4 ipa's between 5 and 8pm put me down good, but tough to awake.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've had sleeping issues as far back as I remember. Lately I've gone back to the weird habit of sleeping for like 2-3 hours, then waking up around 3-6am and staying awake for a while... Then I'll go back to sleep and won't wake up til 6-7pm. It's really annoying. I have an evening-night job so that already puts me into a different sleep schedule than most. I'm a night owl. I find that I really don't have issues sleeping during the day... It's if I have to sleep at night.(which is every night that I work)
I also have to sleep with a fan on. (even in winter) It drowns out all the weird little noises.
It takes hours to fall asleep and even when I do, most times, it's a pretty light sleep. I've actually woken up because of someone looking at me.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really have a hard time sleeping, I been having issues where I have panic attacks right when I start to fall asleep, freaks me out...I think it's stress related for sure, I worry to much about everything

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not sure if I have insomnia or not.....I'll sleep on it and get back to you all in the morning.
(It really took 26 posts for this to happen??)

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've always had trouble with sleep due to my ADHD.
Some weeks I'll sleep great, other weeks I wont be able to sleep for more then a few hours a night even if I get to the point of being sick to my stomach exhausted and take stuff that is supposed to help you sleep better.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whent to bed at 10 pm last night, wide awake at 3am. weird dream I was Andrew zimmern in india. Tasting a most excellent bone marrow cake. Maybe I ate a spider in my sleep. Tasted like sweet n sour, but very 'heady' Then dreamt I traveled with a friend to Austin texas, got split up during a Tsunami.
Been surfing webs since 3.30. Coffee good, vape good.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had my normal 3-5 days a week of night terrors. Went to bed woke up shaking with cold sweats at about 3:30 wash rinse repeat every hour and a half. Then 8:30 hits and I wake up to my sons beating the hell out of each other and I never got to go back to sleep. My old lady is still in bed. Must be nice to go to bed before me and sleep till noon half the time.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had insomnia since I was 13. It is literally the worst possible thing to have. It makes you crazy. And even on the days I do get sleep I don't feel like I've slept. I have recently tried melatonin though and it seems to be working out okay. I just make sure I take it three or so hours before I want to try to get to sleep. I've taken sleeping pills but I hate the feeling they give me. Lunesta makes me ill and ambience makes me sleep eat and really groggy. But I have been doing a nightly regimen of melatonin and chamomile tea seems to be helping

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm lucky if I get a solid 4 hours before my eyes pop open and I'm awake. It's a cycle, M-F, 4 hours sleep. Friday I have to force myself to get up and go to work. That evening I come home and have a beer or two and I'm out for 11-12 hours, then the cycle starts again. I did the Lunesta and Ambien thing, after 4 hours I would get up and sleep-work, change the oil in my truck, clean the garage, vacuum at 2:00am. I've been doing the 4 hours sleep thing since I was in the service.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My mum used to tell me when I was on ambien I would get up and have full blown conversations with her or I'd go and sleep eat. Next day wouldn't remember a thing.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea, that stuff is bad news..I'm trying the melatonin thing, hopefully it will work.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like melatonin because it doesn't have any side effects unlike ambien which landed me in the ER

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Melatonin is good, I stopped taking it because, no matter what most tell you, it is habit forming. When I was out I didn't sleep at all. It is not addictive, but your body can become dependent on it to sleep at all. If you need Melatonin to sleep, your serotonin levels are probably low.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm exhausted and cannot sleep. Have to work tomorrow. Grr

Thats the worst , i can't stand barely sleeping and needing to work the next day , your barely functional and just want to get the hell out of there , of course time barely moves, 8 hours feels like 16 lol.

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had sleeping issues as far back as I remember. Lately I've gone back to the weird habit of sleeping for like 2-3 hours, then waking up around 3-6am and staying awake for a while... Then I'll go back to sleep and won't wake up til 6-7pm. It's really annoying. I have an evening-night job so that already puts me into a different sleep schedule than most. I'm a night owl. I find that I really don't have issues sleeping during the day... It's if I have to sleep at night.(which is every night that I work)
I also have to sleep with a fan on. (even in winter) It drowns out all the weird little noises.
It takes hours to fall asleep and even when I do, most times, it's a pretty light sleep. I've actually woken up because of someone looking at me.

I usually just get my 8 hours in at work , kind of like George from Seinfeld when he worked at Yankee stadium and had a bunk under his desk , thats the perfect setup .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I drive for a living... IT's best that I not sleep. Lol

Rin , thats no problem trust me , i used to sleep and drive all the time , now watch the below , sleeping and driving starts at 27 seconds in to the clip , it's actually much easier than it sounds .

If you have questions let me know but it's pretty self explanatory .
Enjoy

https://www.google.com/url?

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Melatonin is good, I stopped taking it because, no matter what most tell you, it is habit forming. When I was out I didn't sleep at all. It is not addictive, but your body can become dependent on it to sleep at all. If you need Melatonin to sleep, your serotonin levels are probably low.
Most people are on an ssri also which inhibits the uptake..

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rin , thats no problem trust me , i used to sleep and drive all the time , now watch the below , sleeping and driving starts at 27 seconds in to the clip , it's actually much easier than it sounds .

If you have questions let me know but it's pretty self explanatory .
Enjoy

https://www.google.com/url?
I need to learn how to do that. Any tips you can spare ?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I need to learn how to do that. Any tips you can spare ?

Absolutely i do , i just strap in and try to sit upright and lean my head back (as shown in clip) , strapping in is important because when you fall into that deep sleep your body will have a tendency to lean .

As passerby's look over you want to appear as your driving and you have everything under control , strapping in keeps you in that upright position even when your in a deep sleep , works perfectly for me.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Most people are on an ssri also which inhibits the uptake..

Your exactly right about SSRI's i believe they are if not the most common drugs prescribed today they are right at the top .

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tend to shy away from any meds, but sometimes I think that I just have to go to a doctor. Usually I don't have much problem getting to sleep, but sometimes there are bouts of up to 4-5 months where I just can't get any sleep at night 4 hours at most. For now the only thing I could do is just vape and listen to music.

VU Sponsors