Become a Patron!

Anyone else tired of building?

kh888

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi All,

I have been building for the last couple of years. Today, I realized that I am really sick of it! Its not hard, its not difficult, but I do find it to be really inconvenient.

It might in part be due to the fact that I am not a cloud chaser or a sub-ohm vapor and maybe, I just find rebuilding to be something that sucks up too much of my time. Whatever the reason, I have happily gone back to my Aerotanks and am also enjoying the Egrip, too.

Just curious if any of my fellow vapors ran into this, as well? I am not saying I won't rebuild again, as I know I will. That said, I am loving the simplicity of dropping in an atty and going about my merry way!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am there with you, I bought the aspire Atlantis tank, as want to cut down the amount of time spent building, I wanted something I can just throw a coil in and it work.

I am still using a dripper and a rebuildable tank, but now I have something I really don't have to mess with, some weeks I have been spending 3-4 evenings having to mess with coils or wicks, and it has started to get old, as you said it isn't hard, but don't want my life to be just taken up messing with vape equipment all the time.

Vaping is meant to be fun, not a chore and the latter is what it has started to feel like lately.

kh888

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am there with you, I bought the aspire Atlantis tank, as want to cut down the amount of time spent building, I wanted something I can just throw a coil in and it work.

I am still using a dripper and a rebuildable tank, but now I have something I really don't have to mess with, some weeks I have been spending 3-4 evenings having to mess with coils or wicks, and it has started to get old, as you said it isn't hard, but don't want my life to be just taken up messing with vape equipment all the time.

Vaping is meant to be fun, not a chore and the latter is what it has started to feel like lately.

Well said...a chore is how it has become for me, too!

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would venture to guess there has been many to give it a try and for whatever reason it has not been their thing. :rolleyes:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i have the atlantis coming..
what i would give to find a "tank" that works like my drippers..
yet give me the same balance.. i have my hopes..
but i hope they wont crash and burn..

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I had the Atlantis for a week now, it is not on par with a dripper, but it is pretty damn good, as good if not better than some of my rebuildable tanks, flavor is very good, and airflow is massive wide open, can blow some clouds with it.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I had the Atlantis for a week now, it is not on par with a dripper, but it is pretty damn good, as good if not better than some of my rebuildable tanks, flavor is very good, and airflow is massive wide open, can blow some clouds with it.

that right there is what I am hoping for.. :D

i hate trying to suck vape like a watermelon thru a bar straw ;)

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Same here quit couple years ago it just took too much time up. Now I have protanks I build a cotton coil keep it in for 5 days. Now I have plenty of time. I found a great cloud maker with a pro tank three by using a coil as large as the two side inserts using a single protank two coil. I take the larger silicone cap that was on the protank three coil turn it upside down place it on top of the silicon protank two coil. It takes up the space you will find it blows away the single and duel coil with plenty of vapor with no leaking at all. Now I have all my friends doing this because they have seen the results. Also has great flavor.

kh888

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same here quit couple years ago it just took too much time up. Now I have protanks I build a cotton coil keep it in for 5 days. Now I have plenty of time. I found a great cloud maker with a pro tank three by using a coil as large as the two side inserts using a single protank two coil. I take the larger silicone cap that was on the protank three coil turn it upside down place it on top of the silicon protank two coil. It takes up the space you will find it blows away the single and duel coil with plenty of vapor with no leaking at all. Now I have all my friends doing this because they have seen the results. Also has great flavor.

Sounds interesting! By chance, do you have a photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Probably not what you are looking for.....

I run a KrangerTech Aerotank V2. Great flavor and clouds. 1.5 ohm coil in it. Lasts me 2-3 weeks at a time, and I vape pretty heavy. Fill my tank morning and noon. Drip all night when I'm home, because friends don't let friends drip and drive. :cool:

I don't know what the aversion to coils are. Even though I don't drip all day, my coils will last me for an easy 6 weeks. Once a weeks clean and rewick. Rewick any time I change juice. Maybe I am lucky.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have yet to get into building. The only tank I have to build is my aga t2 genesis style, and i've only had to do that about three times so far the mesh wick lasts so long. someday i believe i'll start getting serious about building, life's a journey

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Probably not what you are looking for.....

I run a KrangerTech Aerotank V2. Great flavor and clouds. 1.5 ohm coil in it. Lasts me 2-3 weeks at a time, and I vape pretty heavy. Fill my tank morning and noon. Drip all night when I'm home, because friends don't let friends drip and drive. :cool:

I don't know what the aversion to coils are. Even though I don't drip all day, my coils will last me for an easy 6 weeks. Once a weeks clean and rewick. Rewick any time I change juice. Maybe I am lucky.

i drip.. my coils last me a month or so..
i drip and drive.. it's what they made red lights for :p
but i have yet to find a tank that will make me happy, with both airflow and clouds..
it'd be nice if I could find something i like..

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i drip.. my coils last me a month or so..
i drip and drive.. it's what they made red lights for :p
but i have yet to find a tank that will make me happy, with both airflow and clouds..
it'd be nice if I could find something i like..
I'd put my Kranger on par with my Tug V2 as far as airflow goes.
But I run a 2puffs drip tip with the air hole too.

I've thought about buying one of the drippers with a tank, but I dunno if I want to screw with them. I don't know if the airflow will be any better than my Kranger. I want another Aero tank V2, but they are hard to find now that the mega is out. Might just buy a mega next.

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wife and I both carry Big Drippers with ReadyXWick, and we only
rebuild about every month or two. Just dry burn and fill.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been using an Atlantis for about a week now and do enjoy it. I also like my orchids and darkhorse drippers. The Atlantis is in between the Darkhorse and Orchid as far as air flow. IMHO I dont think the Atlantis produces as good of flavor as a dripper it is better than a clearo.

Jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hear ya. I tried the new Aspire BVCs and was quite impressed. Popped them in my old VIVI style Aspire tank (after opening up the 2 holes in the threads) and it's off to the races. Then grabbed an original Davide (it has 3 holes, opened them up a tad also) for ~$12.

The heads are priced right at FT.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1859405

Sometimes you just wanna vape. :)

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
you are talking on something like this, freemind??

this is what i used when i first started out.. pretty cool things.. fun to drip out of.. just yank the filling out..

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7847
No.
I probably will buy this next:
images

But I already have this:
images

Edit to add:
The Orchid was the dripper hybrid I was talking about.

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do enjoy building; for me it tends to a certain tinker need. My wife is never going let me build another car,but shes ok with my vape toys.
But its just that: something to play with, something to occupy some free time. For me its a liesure time activity and helps me unwind. Which is ironic because i do it all day long at work.(build and straighten out stuff for other people)
All in all,i perfer a well built tank to a dripper.

kh888

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love building! I find it quite cathartic. I also do builds for newbs at the local vape shops.

I loved it for quite some time, but just tired of it. Maybe with a break, I will return to it. It's ironic, but I too, will help newbies build which is fun. Doing it for myself? Less so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the tinker out of my system and now just build for effect. After a lot of building I don't try near as many new things these days, I know what works well for me and I've developed the skills to build consistently. I also only build for a couple of atties that I like and don't much bother with the myriad atties I've purchased and found lacking in one way or another. I have around 20 atties that are cleaned in the ultrasonic and then bagged in ziplocks sitting in a drawer just in case I ever feel like using them again. So that pretty much leaves me with 4 atties I build for, 2 RDAs and 2 RTAs and they only need building rarely since the builds last quite a while. I do wick fairly often, but that's trivial and doesn't take more than a couple of minutes. Add to that the Atlantis, which needs no time since I'm quite happy with the stock coils, and I guess I really don't do much building anymore. And TBH, don't really miss building all the time. Guess I just burned out a bit and just build for a decent vape when I need to now.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do a couple builds a day. I just find it fun and relaxing. Also feel a sense of accomplishment when it works and those sweet dense clouds come out.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought an atlantis to take on holidays this jan to mexico. Didn't have the 3 days before I was ripping the coil apart to figure out a way to rebuild it. lol
Now I've spoiled myself running .5 ohm 24awg kanthal with chinese cotton in the atlantis. So much for not rebuilding. If there is a way for me to screw myself up usually find it.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought an atlantis to take on holidays this jan to mexico. Didn't have the 3 days before I was ripping the coil apart to figure out a way to rebuild it. lol
Now I've spoiled myself running .5 ohm 24awg kanthal with chinese cotton in the atlantis. So much for not rebuilding. If there is a way for me to screw myself up usually find it.

I did the same, I bought the Altantis so could have a break from building, but yesterday my coil went bad on the Altantis, so of course I had to rebuild it, just because I wanted to see if I could, and yes I did, but to be honest, seems more hassle than it is worth to rebuild them, not like you can just change the wicking quick and easy, but at least I know I can ;)

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I havent tried rebuilding an Atlantis coil yet, but I will when the 2 that came with it go bad. They look like they will be easy to rebuild.

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You kidding?? At 5$ for replacements it would just be silly to not rebuild atlantis coils.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Forgive @pony, he rebuilt his toaster with zipper coils.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ROFL Did you add a LONG driptip so you can vape and make brownies :p

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Even though I am not super skilled at rebuilding, I can get the job done.

With my oversized hands and fingers and bad eyesight, I would imagine watching me building an RBA would be a painful and traumatic experience at best.

That being said, I really don't mind doing it at all.

Unless a coil goes right before bedtime, first thing in the morning or just before I am leaving the home or office for a few hours.

That just pisses me off!

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Toting around extra batteries has been known to be a pain,too. 26650s get heavy after a while.

Im at the same place with rebuilding. I got a 3 Atlantis tanks for me and 3 for my gf and rebuilt all the heads with a simple horizontal coil. Now we can just vape and swap the head out if need be and I can rewick all of them at once every couple of weeks. Dont even have to remove the coil. SAve building for down the road if I want to mess around with my drippers.

Fad

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I find rebuilding coils is a chore, on the same level as household cleaning & washing.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love rebuilding coils and wicks, I love to tinker with things though. Its like foreplay.

cupracer92

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I find rebuilding coils is a chore, on the same level as household cleaning & washing.

Sounds like you need a hiatus from rebuilding or something to help make the process easier. >Kuru Koiler Tool< To each is own I guess but I love rebuilding, trying new juice, trying new builds, sharing/debating/discussing vaping with you (my fellow vapers) matching up coils/juice & rda/rta/rba for that perfect balance of flavor & clouds. Coil surface area, heating, airflow, tinkering, temperature control, experimenting, flavor chasing, cloud chasing.... so much possibilities. :rolleyes:

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
after 2 years it's also getting tiresome for me.. but I also have a new house, and my gf's kids to deal with so I don't get a lot of 'alone time' to really spend on rebuilding like I used to.. I will be picking up a subtank soon so I can have the best of both worlds in 1 reliable tank.. luckily I don't need to rebuild that much and rewicking doesn't take very long.. I only break out my drippers every once and awhile when I don't want to fill a whole tank with a flavor

VU Sponsors