Anyone got spares to try out?

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was wondering if any had a parallel 18650 box mod they'd be willing to part with. I want to try one out for a bit. I'm thinking about starting to build them, and I want one to get familiar with first. So far, I only have single battery mec mods. Can't really afford to buy one brand new right now. But if I start making the wooden ones I've been thinking about, the donor (or cheap seller) will get one of my first ones free. I'm going to be using aesthetically pleasing hardwoods. And all will be hand made and finished. Custom engraving by request, as well.

It can be a cheapo model. I just need to get a feel for the tech. PM me if you can help.

Last edited:

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It can even be non functioning. Making repairs would probably help me refine a couple of ideas I have floating around amongst my few remaining gray cells.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sorry, I have nothing.

I am a regulated mod guy myself.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nothing I have is wood. I have a few box mods.
One single bat. Not mofset. (bloodwood door panel)
One dual parallel with mofset.
One duel parallel with mofset, voltmeter, and on/off switch.
None of mine are for sale though.

For a CHEAP box, look at the plastic beast box on fast tech or look for a Tesla clone wood mod.

If you intend to make a good, wood box, they won't be selling cheap. You'll have a lot of time in them, doing them right. You can buy Hammond box mods for under a hundred now, already built.

IF I were gonna made box mods, I would go with plastic or metal box mods. I would also want to offer color and or engraving options. They will be faster to produce and sell faster.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nothing I have is wood. I have a few box mods.
One single bat. Not mofset. (bloodwood door panel)
One dual parallel with mofset.
One duel parallel with mofset, voltmeter, and on/off switch.
None of mine are for sale though.

For a CHEAP box, look at the plastic beast box on fast tech or look for a Tesla clone wood mod.

If you intend to make a good, wood box, they won't be selling cheap. You'll have a lot of time in them, doing them right. You can buy Hammond box mods for under a hundred now, already built.

IF I were gonna made box mods, I would go with plastic or metal box mods. I would also want to offer color and or engraving options. They will be faster to produce and sell faster.
Appreciate the suggestion, but I'd be doing it as more of a hobby and an excuse get back into woodworking. Selling them would just be a bonus.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@UncleRJ
@dred
@freemind
Thanks again for the suggestions. Problem solved, though. A friend just donated an old dual 26650 mod to my cause. Now I just need to buy batteries for it.
You guys are terrific.
Oh, you guys should ask me what my avatar pic is one day. You'll probably love it.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
OK, I'll bite. What is your avatar?

Guessing it is the Titanic prior to it stopping for ice?

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK, I'll bite. What is your avatar?

Guessing it is the Titanic prior to it stopping for ice?
Well, that or a portrait of the ECF website. I can never tell them apart...

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well, that or a portrait of the ECF website. I can never tell them apart...

I like your version the best so that is the one I will be going with and sticking to!:D

VU Sponsors