Become a Patron!

anyone have experience with TheBestVape.com?

antareez

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ordered a Sense V-Jet from them earlier this week and received it yesterday. Pretty fast shipping and I was very pleased. I also received an email from them informing me that they wouldn't be able to honor my request to have the postal person leave the package with a neighbor if I wasn't home. I appreciated that they emailed me to tell me so and why.

Today, I opened up the package. Everything looked fine and new. The security code checked out at the Sense website. All good so far. But then I noticed that there was a rattling sound when I shook the mod. I opened up the battery case and a tiny screw rolled out. Honestly, I looked and looked everywhere, all over the mod, inside the battery case with a flashlight but there was no place where this screw could have come from. All the screws were present and they were all black. This little screw was silver. It was weird.

That right there should have told me to send it right back. But, no, I rationalized that it was an errant screw that just made it in there and was not part of the mod. Jesus, I'm so stupid. LOL.

Anyway, the tank leaked like crazy! I lost 8 mL of juice because i filled it twice. I finally unscrewed the entire tank and put it back together and that fixed the issue. But with juice all over the place, the screen protectors came off. Then the screen kept dimming to the point that it would disappear. I had to vape to determine if it was on or off after pressing the firing button five times because there was no lit screen to tell me otherwise.

I finally got it to come back but now it is very dim. VERY dim.

Now I'm wondering if they sent me a re-furbished one. It was 70 bucks, which is why I ordered from them because everyone else is selling it for about 90. That should have also told me something. Jesus, I'm so stupid!!

Anyhoo, I emailed them and will give you an update.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We have learned to expect items screwed up (no pun) with mass produced items from china. The items are manufactured by the lowest bidder, therefore you have to expect shit being screwed up once in awhile.

antareez

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, not even ten minutes passed before TheBestVape replied to my email. This is what they said.

Normally Sense handles all After-Sales Support directly. They do this so they know about every issue that a customer has. But, China literally just started a Holiday that lasts a few weeks, so I don’t think you would get a reply from them until they are back at work.

Let me see what I can do, I have already forwarded your complaint to them. If they give us permission to replace it we have no problem doing it. I am sure we will need your unit back, but we can figure that part out. I don’t know what they are going to need, so just give me a little time to to hear back from them please.

Sounds fair enough. I hope they're not just giving me honeyed words. It seems odd that a company would be closed for weeks but what do I know what they do in China.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, not even ten minutes passed before TheBestVape replied to my email. This is what they said.

Normally Sense handles all After-Sales Support directly. They do this so they know about every issue that a customer has. But, China literally just started a Holiday that lasts a few weeks, so I don’t think you would get a reply from them until they are back at work.

Let me see what I can do, I have already forwarded your complaint to them. If they give us permission to replace it we have no problem doing it. I am sure we will need your unit back, but we can figure that part out. I don’t know what they are going to need, so just give me a little time to to hear back from them please.

Sounds fair enough. I hope they're not just giving me honeyed words. It seems odd that a company would be closed for weeks but what do I know what they do in China.

Most Chinese vape vendors shut down completely or run with a skeleton crew and do not send out packages during the 10 days of Chinese New Year

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most Chinese vape vendors shut down completely or run with a skeleton crew and do not send out packages during the 10 days of Chinese New Year
What JL said, I wouldn't expect a reply this month.....:wait:

antareez

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
oh great. i might as well count that as a loss then. i can't imagine it's worth holding on to a mod for a month without touching it. i've already vaped from it, so i can't imagine that they would accept it for an exchange. well, we'll see what happens. thanks.

antareez

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
update: so, after thinking on it for a bit, i decided that it made no sense (no pun intended :giggle:) that we had to wait on Sense to give him permission. i paid him not Sense. so i contacted my credit card company to file a dispute. they contacted him and he emailed me this today.

We haven’t heard back from Sense yet but I do have a solution if you are ok with it. If you would be willing to take a Yellow Kit I can just send it & hopefully we get approval later from them. If you want a Black Replacement we are going to have to wait because we don’t have any In Stock.

I do believe you will have to send us the Kit you have now back. But you can keep the Tank since it’s just the Mod with issues.

before, we couldn't do anything but wait to hear from Sense but now, all of a sudden, we can do an exchange? which is what i had asked for initially. i didn't ask for a refund. now i'm wondering if he has other colors but wants to push out the yellow one because it's probably the least popular color. it certainly isn't popular with me. i said i'd be willing to exchange for a green or red one.

antareez

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
update: well, he never replied to me to say whether he had green or red in stock. i was going to wait until receiving another mod from him before returning the one that i have but decided to send it. there was no address in any of our correspondence and none on the website so i emailed him for it yesterday. he emailed it to me and said that he would send a kit later in the day or today. i then asked him if he had a return shipping label that i could use because it would pretty much cost me what i was trying to save from buying the kit at his lower price. he said that in over two years he's only had to return/exchange a product once or twice so he was not set up to provide return shipping labels. great. anyway, he sent one yesterday, so let's see if i get a yellow, red or green one and if it works.

antareez

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Success! I got a green one and it works a beauty! He even offered me credit in exchange for any postal fees. Although I was suspicious at first, our communications were very frequent and we had an amiable conclusion. Oh, and he even sent me the entire kit instead of just the mod which we had originally agreed to since it was only the mod that was defective. I'm happy and willing to purchase from him again. I'm all for supporting vaping businesses, especially in this anti-vaping climate. Thanks all for hearing me out. :)

VU Sponsors