Become a Patron!

Anyone Into Home Automation/Smart Devices?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I recently bought a Google Home Mini and a Logitech Harmony Home Companion (Harmony remote with a Harmony hub). I now have voice control of my entertainment system through the GH Mini. It's nice to not have to worry about having to keep a remote handy to change channels on the satellite or watch a movie on Netflix, etc. With the Harmony app on your tablet or phone, you can also have complete control from one app to work most any smart device that is Harmony or Zigbee compatible. I'm planning on adding a Hue lighting starter kit to the mix soon and will be able to control lighting by voice at home or from anywhere on the internet with the app. So, if there are any other HA enthusiasts here, let's hear what you've got.

miller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got the HUE last month. Have it connected to an echo dot. My kids like changing the room colors all the time. Looking at getting the Samsung smart things here shortly

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got the HUE last month. Have it connected to an echo dot. My kids like changing the room colors all the time. Looking at getting the Samsung smart things here shortly
Cool. I'm looking forward to adding the lighting to my system. I decided to grab the Harmony because the price was great ($58 for the remote and hub as opposed to $100 for the hub alone). Eventually, I'll be adding a Nest or similar thermostat to the mix as I get really tired of having to get up to adjust the manual one I have now a dozen times a day. Let me know how the smart things works out for you.

VU Sponsors