Become a Patron!

Anyone know of a sale on nic solution , i buy only 240ml at a time.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks folks , i forgot i was running low and missed the past sales.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It seems most places sell 240 ml for $16.00 -$18.00 but 120 ml of 100 mg sounds great FOR $10.00 . Thanks HIC

I can't find the differences between the "throat hit " and regular nic though , anybody try both ?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It seems most places sell 240 ml for $16.00 -$18.00 but 120 ml of 100 mg sounds great FOR $10.00 . Thanks HIC

I can't find the differences between the "throat hit " and regular nic though , anybody try both ?

@wllmc has tried both. The 'throat hit' is more peppery than the regular VT nic. But still according to him less 'peppery' than nic from other places.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Problem for me is i have no idea how to cut 100 mg to make 18 mg , my preferred vape strength .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
upload_2014-12-15_12-2-54.png You see , i don't even know how much liquid i can get out of 100mg 120ml bottle . I vape 50/50 18 mg

Untitled.jpg

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I only use VG nic, so I can't tell you anything about their PG version.
I do have both the regular/premium and "throat hit" versions of their VG nic.

When I prefer the premium nic: When I vape unflavored; recipes with light, sweet, delicate, smooth flavoring. Anything floral.

When I prefer "throat hit" nic: Recipes with spices, tea, alcoholic beverage flavors, all tobaccos, sometimes coffees.

When either one is fine for me: Most recipes with more than my usual percentage of flavorings.

I'm a big fan of the premium VT nic, but I couldn't miss out on the liter price of "throat hit". Other brands described as "spicy" make me cough and sting my nose. I vape fairly high-nic most of the time, so I notice those effects when others might not. At 24-36mg strength, "throat hit" gives me some of that nose-tingle (when exhaling) I get with other brands, but it doesn't make me cough (on the inhale) like they do. "Throat hit" has an "earthy" background flavor to me; I don't care for it unflavored. But I've been using it almost exclusively in my recipes to see where it works and where I prefer the premium. I definitely prefer Vapers Tek "throat hit" VG nic over every other brand of VG nic I've vaped. I vape unflavored regularly, so I'll always keep the premium nic on hand for that and my lighly-flavored recipes (for me that's under 2-3% total flavoring). I'm glad I got the deal on "throat hit", and I'll definitely use all of it. I'd order it again in heartbeat if I were low on nic.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Problem for me is i have no idea how to cut 100 mg to make 18 mg , my preferred vape strength .

A really simple way to do it without calculators:
1 part of 100mg nic
4 parts of plain PG/VG

That gives you 20mg strength unflavored nic base. If you squirt some in a bottle and add 10% flavoring, you've made your recipe at 18mg nic strength. If you add only 5% flavoring, it end up 19mg nic - not a difference most people would notice.

I premix my base like that and keep a couple-week supply in a squeeze bottle. When I want to mix a recipe, it saves a lot of time.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with everyone else on the TH nic, it's good, and cheap. The premium stuff is 20% off with cupon code "BLACK-FRIDAY-NICOTINE" until the 24th. Thinking about it, I really should get in on this deal myself. ;)

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Just so you know what it is, the throat hit nic is simply oxidized. Most people try to prevent oxidation. I store my nic in the freezer to slow down the oxidation process.

That said, there is nothing wrong with oxidized nic. It will just be a bit peppery and have a color to it.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh wow, you guys are fantastic , thanks so much , sorry so many questions but when your as big of an idiot / dumb ass as i am it takes longer to figure stuff out.

DiamondForever

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Baker White does custom tailored nic bases so you could get 18mg with a 50/50 pg vg ratio or any other pg vg ratio and its made to order so you know you will be getting the freshest nic you can. They also triple distill their nic so there are no impurities.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Baker White does custom tailored nic bases so you could get 18mg with a 50/50 pg vg ratio or any other pg vg ratio and its made to order so you know you will be getting the freshest nic you can. They also triple distill their nic so there are no impurities.

It seems the stronger you get the nic the more you can get out of it and that sounds like the way to go for me . For $10.00 for 120ml of 100 mg i can get near triple the amount i usually get with buying 36 mg nic in a 100% PG base and at 240ml.

I always just add 50% of VG to my 100% PG based 36 mg and that gets me to 18mg.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just so you know what it is, the throat hit nic is simply oxidized. Most people try to prevent oxidation. I store my nic in the freezer to slow down the oxidation process.

That said, there is nothing wrong with oxidized nic. It will just be a bit peppery and have a color to it.
Peppery nicotine indicates that the nicotine used was not good quality. The higher the purity content of nic, the less peppery it will be. Steeping or aging can often help alleviate some of the peppery taste.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Peppery nicotine indicates that the nicotine used was not good quality. The higher the purity content of nic, the less peppery it will be. Steeping or aging can often help alleviate some of the peppery taste.

Don't know. I've never had peppery or oxidized nic. All I do know is that many people described their nic as becoming peppery as it oxidized. Maybe they used the wrong word to describe their experience. Maybe we can go with the word "different".

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh wow, you guys are fantastic , thanks so much , sorry so many questions but when your as big of an idiot / dumb ass as i am it takes longer to figure stuff out.

Was kind of hoping this post didn't receive any likes , makes me think you wholeheartedly agree that i am indeed a major dumb ass and idiot.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was kind of hoping this post didn't receive any likes , makes me think you wholeheartedly agree that i am indeed a major dumb ass and idiot.
Not hardly, lol. Like Amanda said, we all started out knowing nothing! I was lucky enough to find the original thread, met these wonderful diy'ers that were so generous with their knowledge and recipes and friendship. Now you are here, too, so take good advantage of the different threads, keep asking questions. It is fun to diy!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't know. I've never had peppery or oxidized nic. All I do know is that many people described their nic as becoming peppery as it oxidized. Maybe they used the wrong word to describe their experience. Maybe we can go with the word "different".
That works for me.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That works for me.

I always thought a noticeable peppery smell would indicate bad nic but some of the people who know a lot more than me seem to dispel that in the above posts. Seems the Throat Hit nic from Vaportek is good stuff but i don't know for sure.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I always thought a noticeable peppery smell would indicate bad nic but some of the people who know a lot more than me seem to dispel that in the above posts. Seems the Throat Hit nic from Vaportek is good stuff but i don't know for sure.
It typically indicates inferior product.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Oxidized nic is generally undesirable. It does have a steep discount though.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oxidized nic is generally undesirable. It does have a steep discount though.

The VT throat-hit nic is less oxidized than the regular nic from other companies, as people who have tried both have explained in their side-by-side tests!

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The VT throat-hit nic is less oxidized than the regular nic from other companies, as people who have tried both have explained in their side-by-side tests!

I'll simply repeat what I said. Oxidized nic is generally undesirable.

Do you put your nic in the freezer? If you do, why?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll simply repeat what I said. Oxidized nic is generally undesirable.

Do you put your nic in the freezer? If you do, why?

And I am simply saying that the VT oxidized nic is still less so than nic from other places. But I think we've been down this road before.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I am simply saying that the VT oxidized nic is still less so than nic from other places. But I think we've been down this road before.

You didn't answer my questions.

Do you put your nic in the freezer. And if you do, why?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I think we all put nic in the freezer for long term storage for the same reason. preservation. the OP asked the difference between VT and VT with a bite. I do not understand why you assume it is undesirable as you say when you have never tried it. how can you form an opinion on it ? I would put VT with a bite against anyones best nicotine anyday. so to answer the real question the VT with a bite is very good still just has more throat hit as indicated. still very excellent nicotine and I have tried many. I prefer the smooth but HIC has pointed out many uses. If I only had the choice between VT with a bite and any other beside the smooth VT I would pick the TH VT everytime

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I freeze all nic that I won't use within a month in glass bottles.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think we all put nic in the freezer for long term storage for the same reason. preservation. the OP asked the difference between VT and VT with a bite. I do not understand why you assume it is undesirable as you say when you have never tried it. how can you form an opinion on it ? I would put VT with a bite against anyones best nicotine anyday. so to answer the real question the VT with a bite is very good still just has more throat hit as indicated. still very excellent nicotine and I have tried many. I prefer the smooth but HIC has pointed out many uses. If I only had the choice between VT with a bite and any other beside the smooth VT I would pick the TH VT everytime

You put it in the freezer to keep it from oxidizing.

Once again, I will repeat what I said. Oxidized nic is generally considered undesirable.

I'm really not sure why you would argue with that statement. It's factual. You, yourself, take steps(the freezer) to avoid oxidation do you not? I certainly don't care if you or anyone else wants to buy and use oxidized nic. I think it's just fine to inform the OP and anyone else that the nic is oxidized. Kevin says it's oxidized. I also think it's just fine to state a very simple fact. Oxidized nic is generally considered undesirable. It's discounted for a reason.

I also made no mention of any other vendor.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PM if interested. Otherwise, this thread is really veering off topic.

No need. I won't get a straight answer from people pimping their vendor. I'll just park this here and leave it at that.

http://www.nudenicotine.com/storing-nicotine-solution/

"Without getting heavy into oxidation chemistry, let’s simplify by saying that these three buggers accelerate the oxidation of nicotine in your solution to its nicotine oxides. Not necessarily dangerous for inhalation (as all solution possesses this to some degree), however it will add to the commonly seen brownish/yellowish (/sometimes pinkish) hue, rank-wet-dog (pyridine) smell, and peppery taste. Sounds delicious? Ew (Shout-out Jimmy Fallon). These factors are evident of an oxidized nicotine solution, whether kept out of proper storage conditions, or preformulated and not fresh for use."

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
just like you pimping yours? tried nude nic. I have some if you want it. Ill never use it.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just like you pimping yours? tried nude nic. I have some if you want it. Ill never use it.

I don't have any nude and have never used them nor bought anything from them and I didn't recommend them in any thread or post, especially this thread. I'm vendor neutral. That allows me to be forthright. Their page on nic storage and oxidation was useful since you wouldn't answer my questions.

I'm afraid I'd make the same point about oxidized nic no matter the vendor.

I'll also add that VT is probably a good source of nic as any and the TH nic is probably fine for someone that doesn't mind buying oxidized nic.

It's still oxidized.

Last edited:

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with everyone else on the TH nic, it's good, and cheap. The premium stuff is 20% off with cupon code "BLACK-FRIDAY-NICOTINE" until the 24th. Thinking about it, I really should get in on this deal myself. ;)

Hope they have that coupon again in about 5 years. I bought a liter from MFS and 240 ml of Vaportek and I only vape 3-4 mils a day at 16mg. I can see the mils per day rising as I just bought three new drippers to go with my Rose V2 tanks but I see another cut in strength coming. So have that sale in 7 years and I'm on it!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No need. I won't get a straight answer from people pimping their vendor. I'll just park this here and leave it at that.

http://www.nudenicotine.com/storing-nicotine-solution/

"Without getting heavy into oxidation chemistry, let’s simplify by saying that these three buggers accelerate the oxidation of nicotine in your solution to its nicotine oxides. Not necessarily dangerous for inhalation (as all solution possesses this to some degree), however it will add to the commonly seen brownish/yellowish (/sometimes pinkish) hue, rank-wet-dog (pyridine) smell, and peppery taste. Sounds delicious? Ew (Shout-out Jimmy Fallon). These factors are evident of an oxidized nicotine solution, whether kept out of proper storage conditions, or preformulated and not fresh for use."
You asked if I put it in the freezer. I said yes. And, I've never pimped any nicotine ever.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you want to start a thread on oxidized nic, I'll be happy to chime in, but this isn't the thread for that.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want to start a thread on oxidized nic, I'll be happy to chime in, but this isn't the thread for that.

I made a simple statement that oxidized nic is generally considered undesirable that was on topic as the OP asked what the difference was. I addressed the OP. I was quite happy to leave it there. Others decided to chime in. If they are going to challange the statement, of course they should explain why they take steps to keep their nic from oxidizing.

I've always been quite happy to leave at it my first statement and if I started a new thread on oxidation all involved would agree that oxidized nic is generally considered undesirable. They just won't do it here and want to argue about it.

VU Sponsors