Become a Patron!

Anyone know what gauge wire this might be?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might not be possible just looking at a pic, but it's fine as hair and I'm clueless. The top wire is 26g, if that helps. Thanks!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Most of the stock clearomizer coil wires like in the kanger evod and i think the nautilus use a 32 gauge wire for the coils...they almost have to to allow those tiny ego batteries and lower powered devices to be able to heat them up...thicker the wire the more power to heat it despite ohms.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That makes perfect sense. I have a friend who's broke and has a stockpile of vivi novas that are unusable. I told him I'd try....lol!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I always heard 34 for Evods/Protank types, but 32 would work for sure.
Quite possible..i actually used 30g in my evods to rebuild them..still have like 30 or 40 coil heads for it to build if needed..bought a stock pile of used coils..lol

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeppers..the old single coil evod coils...at least 40 of them...i bought them for mainly the insulators...i mostly just used one or 2 coil heads and rebuilt them over and over again

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Those original insulators were awesome. You can get replacements, but they're not quite the same. Not bad, but not the same. Besides that, do you even use Evods anymore??? LMAO

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well..not really...lol...im on the Orchid RTA bandwagon as of now.

Got more stuff in to make these so far.:p
20150817_143145.jpg

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, old Evod coils are desirable now? I just threw away about 30 when I moved that I'd meant to try to rebuild someday but never did...still have another 20-30 new in the blister packs...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
LOL, I can't say "desirable", but the older heads are better than the new ones. The insulators in the newer ones suck for rebuilding.

VU Sponsors