Become a Patron!

anyone order from 3avape recently?

To be clear I am talking about 3Avape, not to be confused with 3Fvape.
I placed an order back in January and as of today April 8th, still have not received either of the two packages they claimed to have sent.

I placed my order back on January 19th, received email with tracking # saying it was shipped out on January 21st. Great! everything is running smoothly... on January 24th the tracking # actually starts working and says its on the way from China.(normal for an overseas order to be a little slow like that)

February 8th package arrives in customs, at "ISC CHICAGO IL" (googling the facility name returns pages of horror stories about packages never leaving the building)

Fast forward to February 19th still no package, or tracking # update. So I send 3avape customer service an email asking them what's up with the delay?
They reply on the same day and sent me this generic response: "Dear customer, Thanks for your message, hope this email can help you. Order #******** has been arrived at your local post. Please try to contact USPS Local post to pick it up."
But the package had not arrived at my LOCAL post office. The tracking had not been updated since arriving in Chicago.

3avape support replied again, this time a more personal response typed by an actual person. With a google street view screenshot of my building where it's supposed to be delivered. And my address to confirm where I had the package sent. But the package was not even in my city. It remained 100 miles away in a customs warehouse in Chicago.

They told me if I still haven't received a package by March 5th they would send a new package.
March 5th came and went and they agreed to send another package. March 8th I received a new tracking number which didn't start tracking until March 13th. Now 26 days later the second package is still in transit with only one entry in tracking history saying "March 14, 2019, 8:40 pm Processed Through Facility SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA"

I feel like I'm getting played. I looked at my order history from 3avape and I had ordered from them once a couple years ago, and that order ended up getting canceled and refunded as well. (IIRC they were sold out of the cleito120 their inventory system said was in stock)

So has anyone actually ordered from 3avape and received their stuff? I have ordered from overseas before and I'm used to waiting a few weeks. But NEVER have I had to wait this long for anything.
Also, I know there was Chinese new year and more recently the Ching Ming Festival which caused delays in orders/shipping. But that should not have affected my shipments.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard horror stories of customs in Chicago.sounds like it's lost or confiscated there for some reason. That sucks man. Hate to hear this with all the China orders we at the Vu make.

I don't understand why it would be confiscated. All I ordered was a geekvape Aegis Legend mod only, and a replacement body color part, no tank, no batteries, no liquid. Even if it was confiscated wouldn't customs inform me or the sender of that?
I even filed a lost package request with USPS. They followed up 4 weeks later saying "The US Postal Service® received the search request you submitted and it's being processed. Your package has not yet been recovered, but every effort is being made to locate your item(s)."

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Haven't ordered from 3a, but I can tell you that Chicago can be a PITA. I ordered 2 really inexpensive items from GeekVape back in Feb. The last bit of tracking I have are that the items left China, headed to Chicago, back on Feb 21. No movement since. I contacted GeekVape and they said to wait 5 days, then they'd re-ship if still no movement. They contacted me one day early to let me know they plan to re-ship anyway. I'm pretty happy about that, as I feel it's no longer their responsibility once it leaves their facility. Still, it's highly frustrating when you don't get your item!

I'm really sorry for your experience, but Chicago customs really is a pain. I cringe anytime I see a shipment going through them. This is the first time I've not received an order, though.
I even filed a lost package request with USPS. They followed up 4 weeks later saying "The US Postal Service® received the search request you submitted and it's being processed. Your package has not yet been recovered, but every effort is being made to locate your item(s)."
LOL, yeah.. even if your item does show up, you'll continue to get this email for months. I did the same months ago, received the item after a couple weeks more, and have been getting these USPS notifications since.They can't locate my item because it's in my house! Doofuses.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I once had an International Package come into JFK Airport and spend weeks in the Chicago ISC (???:xD::cuss2:?) which prompted me to open a case with USPS to no avail. Eventually received my package but with Chicago they get away with anything just ask Smelly~!

It's now 3 months after I originally placed my order. and two packages were shipped by 3avape, but only one made it as far as Chicago. The other never even made it to the US according to tracking. 3avape have been very helpful throughout this entire ordeal. USPS was not helpful at all... lol
I am now waiting for them to process my refund.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once they ship it, the vendor has done their part. It's no fun, but they can't be expected to follow our packages around making sure the shippers do their job.

One of my packages from 3A was lost in shipping and they resent the order even though it wasn't their fault either.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
A little before Christmas of last year, 3AVape had the Desire Cut on sale for $12.99, and a BUNCH of us ordered and received them. Several of the members I am more familiar with would have had their items go through Customs in New York, but I'd have thought that @gadget! 's order would have gone through Chicago. He did receive it. Guess it's entirely possible it went through Los Angeles...

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
A little before Christmas of last year, 3AVape had the Desire Cut on sale for $12.99, and a BUNCH of us ordered and received them. Several of the members I am more familiar with would have had their items go through Customs in New York, but I'd have thought that @gadget! 's order would have gone through Chicago. He did receive it. Guess it's entirely possible it went through Los Angeles...
Just about all of my orders from China come through Los Angeles.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

VU Sponsors