Become a Patron!

Anyone use fidget spinners??

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I kept seeing these things all over Fasttech and found them intriguing. It's said that they can reduce anxiety (of which I have plenty!) so I ordered a plastic one from Jwraps.

Anyone else use these? Does it really reduce anxiety/stress? Any recommendations on specific models?

I really wanted a nice metal one of some sort, but they either got poor reviews or are too pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw those, I don't think they would be something I'd need, but some folks like fidgets, so .......?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw those, I don't think they would be something I'd need, but some folks like fidgets, so .......?

My only issue is the price. I'm sure they're somewhat expensive because of their current popularity.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Jwraps also sells them and another place I can't remember.... I want one from Jwraps. :bliss:

Gregjl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know one place is usa ohm meters and that's why I'm here I wanted to ask around and see if anyone else has a hard time with their site. Meaning slow, unable to connect

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I kept seeing these things all over Fasttech and found them intriguing. It's said that they can reduce anxiety (of which I have plenty!) so I ordered a plastic one from Jwraps.

Anyone else use these? Does it really reduce anxiety/stress? Any recommendations on specific models?

I really wanted a nice metal one of some sort, but they either got poor reviews or are too pricey.

i was looking at those the other day,, then i watched some videos,,,saw 1 for $149,, yikes! i am suspicious i am their target customer lol..

while on vacation this summer at Myrtle Beach,, I bought a ring (mens' size 13) to put on my tank,, the middle of the ring is suspended and spins around,, when i am not vaping,, i am spinning the ring center around.

ps,, if you want to add a ring to your tank,, 22mm=13mens,, clean the ring and tank,, put a dab of clear silicone on 3 or 4 spots on the inside of the ring,, let it sit,, (a few hours should be fine,, i let mine sit overnight)... carefull slide it over your tank.. take a knife/razorblade and trim back,, if you angle the blade you can back cut it and it wont be seen at all.

this provides a bit of decoration/sentimental value and the silicone holds it in place while also acting like a mini bumper if your mod tips over. (the only time i ever cracked a tank was when i tipped over my mod and ring wasn't on it)

Griffin clone with my vacation sand lizard ring

Pico with ring.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I ordered one from Jwraps on Sunday, then one from Etsy on Monday (like I need another freaking hobby!). The one from Etsy shipped yesterday and freaking Jwraps still hasn't even shipped mine yet!

Is Jwraps usually this slow to ship? Annoying. I ordered something that's supposed to lower anxiety and now I'm anxious waiting for it to ship! Oh the irony...

Gregjl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I ordered one from Jwraps on Sunday, then one from Etsy on Monday (like I need another freaking hobby!). The one from Etsy shipped yesterday and freaking Jwraps still hasn't even shipped mine yet!

Is Jwraps usually this slow to ship? Annoying. I ordered something that's supposed to lower anxiety and now I'm anxious waiting for it to ship! Oh the irony...

Not slow at all for wraps, maybe they had to make your spinner?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not slow at all for wraps, maybe they had to make your spinner?

Just spoke with Dean over there. He said that typical processing time is 3-5 days and my order will ship out tomorrow. Just seems kind of slow, but then again I have Amazon Prime so I might be conditioned to be impatient haha!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These were created for kids who have ADD, ADHD and Autism. My oldest is a high-functioning Aspie and his favorite thing for years has been Blue Tack. It helps calm him down when he gets overwhelmed and needs a distraction. He and his brother have them, but only the oldest uses it a lot. For the youngest, it's just a fad. I do wish they'd stop taking them apart.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Meh ...
See them everywhere for some reason, was in my favorite local B&M last week and they were playing with them. Not my thing for I can find better things for my hands to play with ;)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
those things are the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen just spin anything or use a stress ball that is better for your muscles

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
giphy.gif

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yes. They take 3-5 business days for "processing", and they pointed it out to me when I contacted them, it says that right on their site. It's annoying, but I do think their wraps are "a cut above".. ar ar ar. :giggle: No opinion on fidget spinners; I have sufficient useless bricabrac already. :D

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If I feel I really MUST annoy people around me, I just bounce a pencil. It works like a charm, and I don't have to spend obscene amounts of money (i.e., ANY) on buying things for that purpose.

Andria

GBusafvet95

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a couple of them. They are awesome for meetings.
Really helps to survive the blah, blah, blah and stay awake.
IMG_3258.JPG

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In the USA, they sell these everywhere from toy stores to arts & crafts stores to discount stores etc. I've seen them as low as $5

VU Sponsors