Become a Patron!

Anyone Using Polyethylene Glycol 400 (PEG400)?

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Anyone have any experience using this? Also, looking (potentially) for cheap sources for gallon sized USP grade PEG400 if it meets my needs. @wllmc, maybe you have some insight?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've used it...in my experince it thins the juice down even further than PG...at the time I was experimenting with it, it was extremely difficult to obtain, and was beng made by DOW as I recall..

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Tractor supply carries it here.. it's 24.00 and pg is 26.00 (per gallon)
I use it as pg aggravates my throat.
could you link to your supplier please.
I looked on the Tractor Supply website, and it wasn't available there. It's also fairly expensive - the CHEAPEST I've found it (so far) is about $80/gallon. I have some quart suppliers that I looked at quickly that may be cheaper - around $15 or so per quart.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Tractor supply carries it here.. it's 24.00 and pg is 26.00 (per gallon)
I use it as pg aggravates my throat.

Thanks, good to know. I’d asked about subbing it for regular glycol on another thread, but didn’t hear good things. PG bothers my throat too, so this is worth a try!
Next we’ll here something from anti vapers along the line of vape juice has tractor stuff in it. Along with anti freeze. And popcorn lung causing stuff... Sorry, I digress.

NHXJer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Chef-
I didn't input before because I only use PEG400 for one thing but perhaps you're barking up the same tree.
I use it to DIY my own juice from CBD isolate since isolate doesn't dissolve in VG and I'm sensitive to regular PG.
I dissolve the isolate in the PG400 then add VG to bring it to 50/50 - even then the islolate will begin to re-crystallize, but doesn't affect the vape much - after a couple puffs the heat re-dissolves the crystals.

I vape that unflavored and find the taste pretty pleasant all on it's own.

If this post doesn't help or breaks any VU rules, please delete - I don't want to mess up your thread.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
@NHXJer Yup, that's it. From what I've read, the isolate only crystallizes with the addition of the VG. When mixed with PEG400 only, then PG added after, it stays suspended. Do you have any thoughts on triacetin as an alternative to PG?

NHXJer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea - it would be easier to mix all PEG400 but I think the VG imparts a nice mild sweetness mixed with the isolate.
Plus the VG thickens the juice - I'd probably have to relearn my wicking techniques to use all PEG400.

I've actually never heard of triacetin but a quick Google search has me interested.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Chef-
I didn't input before because I only use PEG400 for one thing but perhaps you're barking up the same tree.
I use it to DIY my own juice from CBD isolate since isolate doesn't dissolve in VG and I'm sensitive to regular PG.
I dissolve the isolate in the PG400 then add VG to bring it to 50/50 - even then the islolate will begin to re-crystallize, but doesn't affect the vape much - after a couple puffs the heat re-dissolves the crystals.

I vape that unflavored and find the taste pretty pleasant all on it's own.

If this post doesn't help or breaks any VU rules, please delete - I don't want to mess up your thread.

Do you just use isolate, or did you add terpenes? I can get decent isolate but have no idea about making full spectrum stuff.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just isolate - would love to try with full spectrum, but not legal in NH.

I mean CBD terpenes. I saw Wayne Walker do a mixing vid about CBD juice but he was very vague about the terps.

I thought the Farm Bill legalized it. NH nixed it?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hey Im late to the party but Im here :D No I have never tried it that I know of, I do remember one of my first gallon of PG I bought was from Tractor Supply so maybe that was the same stuff but if it was I also vowed to never buy PG from Tractor Supply ever again lol

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
But is the Tractor PEG the same as regular PG? Aside from mixing certain stuff, I’m curious about this instead of PG for nic juice.

I’ve been feeling like I can’t take full breaths and getting a dry cough, like I can’t cough but feel like I have to.
I thought it was PG, but not sure now. I pretty much know if I go to the doctor he won’t find anything, though. It’s been coming and going depending on what’s in my tank.

The juice that gives me the least distress is from Gothic and it’s made with plant based PG. I hope it’s a real thing that possibly I can get to mix with for diy.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That's actually what I was interested in it for, but didn't want to elaborate as it's against VU rules.

Most of the pre mix suff that's for sale such as EjMix or DBMixPro (Google is NOT anyone's friend but can be used in this case:D) is a blend of PG and PEG400

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
horses vape ?

but really, why do they need it ? and why not ok for people ?

Maybe it’s an antibacterial for them, or something like that. I think PG is a germ killer.
The odd thing is I just got some toothpaste that has glycerine and glycol as the first few ingredients. Not sure but it might be PEG.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
The pg and peg400 from Tractor Supply, both are safe to vape.
It's used to help cows and other equines to digest their food better.

I just refuse to pay higher for a label change. Both the same as anywhere else.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I see that Wizard Lab's sells a gallon of POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 400 USP-NF for $33.99. I have been out of the loop for a few years, I may want to return to vaping.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
horses vape ?

but really, why do they need it ? and why not ok for people ?
The vets I know use it for lubing up to pull calves and foals.

not sure if it is pure enough for vaping or not.
But I understand that many use it for vaping.
But what can I say I smoked for 40+ years.

TSC dies not carry it here.
Nor does Wally World carry Wiltron VG.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Weird...

Did you look near the bandaids? Humeco?? brand.. not wiltron...

Yes Humeco not wiltron my bad.
Yep baking health and beauty first aid, etc.
Even asked at service desk. Neither of the 2 in my area carry the VG.
and they are apparently from 2 different distribution centers because some things one carries is different from the other one.
for instance only 1 of them carries Wishbone russian dressing and Coles frozen garlic bread.
Kroigers quit carrying the coles bread.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Yep baking health and beauty first aid, etc.
Even asked at service desk. Neither of the 2 in my area carry the VG.

What area of the states are you in? It's still on the shelves here at mine. Maybe try another walmart?
I think walgreens carries it too.

I would say tho.. I would only use it if I could not source any online at all..
Last ditch resort.. :) I don't like the back taste it has. Will never forget it..

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What area of the states are you in? It's still on the shelves here at mine. Maybe try another walmart?
I think walgreens carries it too.

I would say tho.. I would only use it if I could not source any online at all..
Last ditch resort.. :) I don't like the back taste it has. Will never forget it..

I live in KY. And this was early on in my DIY, I did find some NOW Palm derived VG at a health food store.
Then started ordering liters from amazon. But I still check from time to time out of curosity.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I thought this Liar had enough Vaping DIY Supplies to last his short lifespan? Why is he looking for supplies?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought this Liar had enough Vaping DIY Supplies to last his short lifespan? Why is he looking for supplies?
Shut up idiot and try to improve your reading comprehension.
Only shows your assholiness to comment incorrectly in a thread.
Especially when calling someone a liar.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Shut up idiot and try to improve your reading comprehension.
Only shows your assholiness to comment incorrectly in a thread.
Especially when calling someone a liar.

Since you were not mentioned personally I guess you are a LIAR?

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah Chef it works as well or better than the pre-designated 10mil bottles for sale online. No added flavor and less expensive. A better natural tasting vape. My friend is a vet tech in Iowa. She sends me mine. I will ask where her office gets it. I mix it 2mil at a time and vape it in my Frenzy. Works awesomely.

VU Sponsors