Become a Patron!

Anything Subaru.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So after joining a couple suby forums I really feel I'm lost, bunch of shit I don't know about yet and If you post your just some fucking noob that doesn't know shit....(which is what I am)

So fuck it, anyone on here own, have, have had, want, etc... I just got my second, 2009 wrx STI.

Started with an 87gl I got from my brother a couple years ago. Loved this little car until I got into a wreck last October.
8aa48cc9910bef8e3d7a8a68a1bbafe9.jpg

Which leads me to my new Subaru I just picked up. I like it and have been wanting a STI hatchback for a while.

It needs the normal stuff any used car needs....some TLC. After I get it in top shape I'm going to start to get into the power. It came with a dyno sheet. 314hp 370tq, planning on squeezing some more out of it just don't know where I'm starting. But learning quick!!!

BABC2ECF-8C70-42C3-AF46-CAEA3718BFE2.jpg

A2105232-1567-4BFD-AE80-E4CF1CBD450C.jpg

811A15B3-3B2D-41F6-A1B8-637D9BBA9543.jpg

That's all I got, post on suby peeps:)

Disco.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Scooby is bad ass. Drop dead reliable and four wheels digging into the dirt. My wife is pissed (sorry, I'm NISMO) because her Murano 6cyl has less view.

Suby's are bad ass rigs.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I fell in love with the 87, so 40 coming soon and having a pre midlife gig, I figured a fast suby would do nicely. So now I have the fucking bug.....must...make.....better.....

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If I can find my 96 Impreze L Wagon Pics Ill show you a older sweet Scooby. Had a 2.5L RAA Swap and fully decked out interior and more....I traded it for a show truck (Slammed S10) and I have regretted it since...Three days after I traded it Hurricane Irene took that Slammed S10 all the way down the road and I scrapped it.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well yaaaaa, post up whatever, I plan on posting up whatever really, no plans for the thread besides well whatever:)

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love it, want it but no place to put it
sorry if I don't have pic of any Subaru since I haven't got a chance to own one but that blue one of yours is really nice
0eb2cd5eb61b8a989aa34c271c96b976.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang, not a problem having no space for another sweet car:)

Soooooooo took it to the shop to get an oil change.....and they fucked it up.

So my OCD is at a very heightened level with cars, always has been. I could never ever ever buy a new car, the first anything would break my heart and I would never drive it. So I have always owned nice old shit that wasn't perfect for this very reason.

Like my truck,

b723061b0b8f98aca888694374e223c9.jpg

It's nice but has its flaws that I'm used to and I'm ok with them.....

So now I have this suby that's near perfect and I knew it I fucking knew it, one fucking week,ONE FUCKING WEEK,

So now it sits, back to driving my truck and it's just sitting...anyone ever watched shameless, the chick that's stuck in her house and scared to leave, that's where I'm at with my car now. Fucking awesome.

Anyway as little as this seems it's fucking with my head, sucks to be wired the way I am, you can't have anything nice......happened when they lifted it.

6EF5B4E5-91E2-45E7-B868-BFFED101A15E.jpg

Fuck my face.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So that's my sob story, it's getting fixed and paid for but its just sad that nobody gives a fuck anymore.

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice ride Disco!

also, I totally hear you about car forums. God forbid you have a question to ask. I was rather surprised when I saw members of VU coming to the rescue of fellow members and newbies alike without ramming "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON" down their throat.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The 87 dl hatchback?
Fuck I miss mine.. TOTAL fucking nightmare to work on engine wise.
Got caught doing ungodly speed, could push start that bitch uphill when needed.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Years ago my wife needed a new car , with 4 wheel drive , because of our street in the winter . The truck she had just used to much fuel . So , we tried a Subaru . It lasted 200,000
miles with no major problems . We bought another , and again 200,000 miles with no major repairs . We are now on our third , with 110,000 miles on it . They are not the fancy ,flashy type of vehicle , but you do get quality, and miles out of them .

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nice STI wagon! I thought those pics looked colorado esque, looks like I was right. You're in the right state for Subies. Suba Performance is the best shop around and has good labor prices. Any non warranty work I used to do there, as well as performance stuff. I'm all about the wagons!

I had an 05' Saabaru, (9-2x Aero). The product of GM owning Saab and at the time also a stake in Subaru. It was actually cheaper than the Subaru alternative and identical aside from exterior. I'll post some pics later.

I've been out of the Subie game for about 5 years, but I know tuning and exhaust opened that fucker up. Tuning is an absolute necessity with forced induction. Step 1. Cobb Tuning Accesports were the way to go, and you can get it dyno tuned with the system. Cobb stage 2, requires a down pipe minimum, is fun as hell, and in the STI I can't imagine. I had a cat less up pipe, down pipe, and full 3" exhaust. I had a greddy sp2 I believe, not a fart can, a nice aggressive tone, and gets nasty when you get on it.

Awdpirates is the local forum. I never was too into that community but it's great for classifieds and generally nice people. NASIOC is a good resource but too huge and douchey. Saab92x.com was my main place, they're welcoming to Subie folks, too. Same car. It's got a similar feel to here, but it's smaller. Same no bullshit simple forum rules, kinda polices itself. Good people. Gotta get going, but I'll post some pics of my old wagon, she was a fun one.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice STI wagon! I thought those pics looked colorado esque, looks like I was right. You're in the right state for Subies. Suba Performance is the best shop around and has good labor prices. Any non warranty work I used to do there, as well as performance stuff. I'm all about the wagons!

I had an 05' Saabaru, (9-2x Aero). The product of GM owning Saab and at the time also a stake in Subaru. It was actually cheaper than the Subaru alternative and identical aside from exterior. I'll post some pics later.

I've been out of the Subie game for about 5 years, but I know tuning and exhaust opened that fucker up. Tuning is an absolute necessity with forced induction. Step 1. Cobb Tuning Accesports were the way to go, and you can get it dyno tuned with the system. Cobb stage 2, requires a down pipe minimum, is fun as hell, and in the STI I can't imagine. I had a cat less up pipe, down pipe, and full 3" exhaust. I had a greddy sp2 I believe, not a fart can, a nice aggressive tone, and gets nasty when you get on it.

Awdpirates is the local forum. I never was too into that community but it's great for classifieds and generally nice people. NASIOC is a good resource but too huge and douchey. Saab92x.com was my main place, they're welcoming to Subie folks, too. Same car. It's got a similar feel to here, but it's smaller. Same no bullshit simple forum rules, kinda polices itself. Good people. Gotta get going, but I'll post some pics of my old wagon, she was a fun one.
Every tweener douche with a fart can here makes me want too go to ACE Hardware and pick up an ax handle... just to play fart can golf with.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cool, a subie thread here on VU. Nice sti Disco. Shitty oil changers...I've been nursing my 01 RS along since new. Love the car. Always wanted a 06 sti. Hasn't happened yet. I'll post pics later if I even have any. Getting ready to paint the wheels black, so maybe I'll get a before and after. Just doing a rattle can spray.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Posted elsewhere in this forum, but here it is in an appropriate thread :D

Screenshot_2016-01-07-22-31-07.png

Good avice from TBC, tune and open up all the plumbing. No cat makes a huge difference on spool up.

Past that, if you're going to swap out the snail, make a power choice. Don't go 350whp and then need more to 375... then more 400. You will be $20k deep before you know it when you could have gone straight to 400 for $10k.
If you get near 400, get a multi plate clutch. Old school single plate that can hold 400awhp will not be a pleasant experience.

M*th/water kits are magic power adders;)

I wanted a hot hatch STI (had a GTI), waited a couple years and couldn't wait any longer. What do ya know... they made a hatch 2 years after I bought my 06 :mad:

Love it though, 420awhp daily driver with 99k miles (5k on 3rd motor).

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Every tweener douche with a fart can here makes me want too go to ACE Hardware and pick up an ax handle... just to play fart can golf with.
The Subaru community tends to be more tasteful, sometimes. Hondas are a guaranteed fart can. Subarus have unequal length headers from the boxer engine so a nice exhaust has a grumble almost like a V8. Fart cans just take away from that.

@MercuryVaper I had the typical oil consumption, too, if that's what you're referring to. I switched to 15W 40 Shell Rotella. It runs well and cuts down on consumption, on the 2.0 liter 4 at least. Those engines tend to consume oil, and they don't like a thin synthetic.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice ride...congrats!
I don't really have any experience with Subaru's since the only one I've ever driven was the old sedan that my second cousin had back in the late '70's, but they do have an excellent reputation for reliability.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@MercuryVaper I had the typical oil consumption, too, if that's what you're referring to. I switched to 15W 40 Shell Rotella. It runs well and cuts down on consumption, on the 2.0 liter 4 at least. Those engines tend to consume oil, and they don't like a thin synthetic.
Lol, I was commenting on Discos oil change body damage mishap. My 2.5 subie @ 133k mi uses no oil between changes thank you very much lol...I do use the rotella on my flat tappet american old school cars though.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys!!!!

Currently negotiating where it's getting fixed with my mechanic guy, I want to take it to a good shop I have known for 30 years, he wants to get a "deal"....... We all know how that works.

Just ordered up my new accessport from Cobb, let me tell you what though I thought vape Mail was getting expensive, this hobby is straight up going to make me start a budget, it escalates quick..

Got my front breaks turned and my tires balanced, alignment, Drives like a top now.

Going to Suba performance Monday to see options and prices for some stuff I have had brewing.....

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If it were mine, breaks turned, tires balanced and done...Now go drive it. lol...Your jumping down the rabbit hole.

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Top three most satisfying mods I did to my car would have to be; Cobb Light weight crank pulley, kartboy short shifter and retro fitted headlights. I had a list a mile long of things to do but i think I've decided to wait and build a forester XT sometime in the near future.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@MercuryVaper lol on that. I re read it all and I'm a bonehead. But hey, if you ever do have oil consumption, that's the stuff.
Thanks guys!!!!

Currently negotiating where it's getting fixed with my mechanic guy, I want to take it to a good shop I have known for 30 years, he wants to get a "deal"....... We all know how that works.

Just ordered up my new accessport from Cobb, let me tell you what though I thought vape Mail was getting expensive, this hobby is straight up going to make me start a budget, it escalates quick..

Got my front breaks turned and my tires balanced, alignment, Drives like a top now.

Going to Suba performance Monday to see options and prices for some stuff I have had brewing.....
The Accesport is a slippery slope my friend. Stage one is nice, but stage two... Man. Might as well save for the necessary exhaust equipment for stage two on that STI. Lol. I know that with me, it all accelerated very quickly once stage one tune was done. You're gonna be pleased.

And really, look on the classifieds at awdpirates forum. It's local, and you can find some great deals. I bought all of my exhaust parts, up pipe, down pipe, exhaust, used. There are so many Subies out here, and exhaust pieces are fine to buy used. If you go with a catted down pipe, a new one may be advisable. I just saved my stock one and had it swapped for emissions tests. No guarantee a high flow cat will always pass, and they're damn expensive. Enjoy it man, it's a beauty.

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't forget about brakes and tires... gotta have them sticky icky rubbers otherwise all that power is for not.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you:)

It already has a Cobb down pipe, spt Exaust intake so a good chunk is already there, learning quick though......a bit too quick:)

Looking at an e85 conversion injectors and a bigger turbo but just not sure in my path yet, I reaaaaaaaalllyyy don't want to do a hundred things wrong before I get it right so lots of research and some pros are getting involved Monday. I have an appt with Suba performance for somewhat of a how much do I want to spend.....so I will post thoughts and progress:)

Found out owning it is a bit odd, every fuck I pull up to wants to race and it's really annoying to the point I'm like fuck, was I like that when I was younger? NO!!!!!

Last edited:

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you:)

It already has a Cobb down pipe, spt Exaust intake so a good chunk is already there, learning quick though......a bit too quick:)

Looking at an e85 conversion injectors and a bigger turbo but just not sure in my path yet, I reaaaaaaaalllyyy don't want to do a hundred things wrong before I get it right so lots of research and some pros are getting involved Monday. I have an appt with Suba performance for somewhat of a how much do I want to spend.....so I will post thoughts and progress:)

Found out owning it is a bit odd, every fuck I pull up to wants to race and it's really annoying to the point I'm like fuck, was I like that when I was younger? NO!!!!!
With the down pipe alone you should be good to flash to stage 2 if nothing has changed. Especially on an STI. I don't like intakes for these engines, but the SPT is what to get if you do. Since you have the DP, I'd flash to stage 2 and see how you like it. When it stops making you smile, think about a bigger turbo. I know back when I was in the Subie game, I was contemplating a turbo swap, and STI pink injectors were always sufficient. I was planning on E85, as well. The octane in it is insane, especially compared to our shitty 91.

You may be more on your way than you think, they'll tell you all that at Suba Performance, though. And if you go with a pro tune, I recommend Harvey at Super Rupair in Boulder, if he's still there. I think his handle is The Boost Creep on awdpirates. He did work for me, more expensive than Suba, but he's a master at tuning. Suba Performance didn't have a dyno when i was going there, may have changed, but I believe they liked Harvey, too.

And for those ass hats trying to race, just smile, rev the engine, then don't take off at first. That's always fun. Especially if you've got the power to let them go, then if you're in the mood, still fly by them.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the boost creep has his own gig up in Longmont now but not sure,

The guy I got it from had it tuned but not sure what stage it would be considered....so tomorrow is gonna be fun and will give me a better idea of which direction fits my needs.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
J8.jpg

G9.jpg

Finally a couple pics of the Saabaru. I'm not a good photographer and they're from 2008. I loved that car so much.

And I know Harvey left Super Rupair, then came back, now he's apparently left again. Hope he's got his own shop. He's a good dude, and knowledgable to no end on these cars. I hope all went well today.

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome car!

I always liked the front bumper on the saabaru. Nice and clean.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Awesome car!

I always liked the front bumper on the saabaru. Nice and clean.
Thanks man. It isn't finished there, some stuff you can't see, kart boy short shifter and bushings, and kart boy exhaust mounts since the Greddy exhaust needed the clearance to not melt the bumper, lol. Appearance wise it got a new front bumper with no plate on it, and my Saab center caps swapped to those WRX 17"s. Small touches that really cleaned it up. I never got pulled over or ticketed with no front plate, too. I put it on the dash, but that's still illegal here. I guess they don't care, and a undrilled front bumper looks so much better. I'll see if I have any pics with a blank bumper.

As I said, they were a bastard child from a GM Saab and Fuji Heavy Industries(Subaru) orgy. I thought they looked nice but it would be stupid to pay a premium for the same car. Then they didn't sell well, and I got a steal on it. They were aggressively pushing them and GM had the employee pricing incentive, so it was stacking discounts up. Aside from body panels, everything Subaru is identical. So, especially in Colorado, subie country, parts both stock and performance, new and used are easy to come by.

@Discobob get in here and share your experience from yesterday. Some of us are living vicariously through your STI, lol. I miss that car. I hope you got some good answers, and I'm assuming based on what you have already that you're able to flash to stage 2 now. Cobb Accessports are great, easy, can change maps on the fly. Anyway, hope it was a good visit.

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I read somewhere way back that the 92x was one of GM's last resort decisions to try and save the Saab brand before it went poof. They got the car from Subaru and changed a few things. A Few body panels, more substation interior and some luxury upgrades. I think it's a bit heavier too.

Oh man, the kartboy SS is like a billion times better with the two other bushings that came in the kit.
Only problem I had was the dreaded vibration of the pivot pushing. I found that if I took it all apart, packed everything with white grease and then only finger tightened the bolt to maybe a max of 3lbs using a torque wrench that helped a lot. It wasn't SUPER tight but I'll take it over the mad vibrations in the cabin.

I like the whole clean look, not enough to attract attention from the cops, and just enough to make it familiar enough that the local cops know I'm not the kid power sliding around corners. I pretty much drive like a grandpa in and around the city and on the highways. I save the reserved spirited driving for the far out mountain roads.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OH CRAP...I'm a sucker for orphan cars. The Saab 92x is right up my ally. It would sit nicely with my Pontiac and Mercury. Just looked at ebay and one like the pic @TBCAmor posted is going through right now. If my Subie ever craps out I'd be looking for one of those. Unless I talk myself into an STI swap for the ol RS.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@riverdan those urethane bushings in the shirt shifter kit are one of the least expensive and easy to install mods that changes the car as much as it does. Sometimes it's the little things. And the real differences ar just the body panels. The interior is just ikea Swedish style. I swapped my seats for better bolstered WRX ones. Door cards, seats and most of the car is Subaru in Saab clothing. I put better bolstered 03' WRX seats in it no modification just bolt right in. The side airbag connections are all the same.

@MercuryVaper theyre nice but scarce, not many were made. When you find them a good deal can generally be had. But, a Frankenstein RS would be awesome. On the saab92x forums there is a ton of info, and one guy did a full STI swap into his Saabaru wagon. 6 speed manual, engine, brakes, it's pretty damn cool.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A subie specialty shop near me does the STI/RS swap. They have done many. They have everything to do a proper swap. My wife keeps encouraging me to do it. The issue is, she doesn't do manual trans, I'll be damned to spend that kind of money and not have a proper subie. Ain't gonna do auto STI. No fricken way...The Saabaru would be a happy middle ground that she could drive and I wouldn't be embarrassed to drive as an auto. It's a Saab after all. An auto looks at home in it.;)

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't seem to find the thread now, but I have a friend from back home that is a bit of a nut.

Just for fun he pulls his cars apart one bolt at a time and puts them back together. He really wanted a GD STI but they only made the STI has a GD Sedan for those years. So my friend went out, bought two. A WRX wagon and an STI Sedan and proceeded to swapped EVERYTHING including the entire interior from one car to the other. When he was done... he got bored and sold it so I could start another project.

Last edited:

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
A subie specialty shop near me does the STI/RS swap. They have done many. They have everything to do a proper swap. My wife keeps encouraging me to do it. The issue is, she doesn't do manual trans, I'll be damned to spend that kind of money and not have a proper subie. Ain't gonna do auto STI. No fricken way...The Saabaru would be a happy middle ground that she could drive and I wouldn't be embarrassed to drive as an auto. It's a Saab after all. An auto looks at home in it.;)
The auto box does kinda suck ass on that car, sorry man. It's an old 4spd. The manuals aren't great in subies either, though. They really need that kart boy kit. My VW has a butter smooth fairly short throw 6spd and its night and day beyond subies. The turbo is tiny, too, so it spools fast with minimal lag. It feels close to a stage 2 WRX.

Suba Performance does those RS to STI swaps, too. It's awesome that you're wife is cool enough to encourage you, man. Can she not be taught manual? And can she just not use that car? A fun car just for you?

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The auto box does kinda suck ass on that car, sorry man. It's an old 4spd. The manuals aren't great in subies either, though. They really need that kart boy kit. My VW has a butter smooth fairly short throw 6spd and its night and day beyond subies. The turbo is tiny, too, so it spools fast with minimal lag. It feels close to a stage 2 WRX.

Suba Performance does those RS to STI swaps, too. It's awesome that you're wife is cool enough to encourage you, man. Can she not be taught manual? And can she just not use that car? A fun car just for you?
I have a problem when it comes to my wife...I do everything for her that I can. I would feel guilty to have a car that she can't use...And I'd never hear the end of it. She likes fast cars, old hotrods as much any any motor head. I taught here well, just not how to shift. Not that I haven't tried.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have a problem when it comes to my wife...I do everything for her that I can. I would feel guilty to have a car that she can't use...And I'd never hear the end of it. She likes fast cars, old hotrods as much any any motor head. I taught here well, just not how to shift. Not that I haven't tried.
I gotcha. I'm somehow able to teach the unteachable how to drive stick. I haven't failed yet, and teaching my mom makes me know anyone can do it, lol. I always have them parked flat, put it in first or reverse, then tell them to slowly let off the clutch. Right when it starts to shudder, haven hold it a bit and slowly let up. That's the best way IMO. It teaches the catch point of the clutch and what it feels like to slowly release and go without gas. That specifically makes a huge difference. Just a thought. You'll like the 9-2X aero. Even with the auto. Also, if you do track days, there's a fuse to pull that just disables abs completely and that's all. The 5 speeds don't have that.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I gotcha. I'm somehow able to teach the unteachable how to drive stick. I haven't failed yet, and teaching my mom makes me know anyone can do it, lol. I always have them parked flat, put it in first or reverse, then tell them to slowly let off the clutch. Right when it starts to shudder, haven hold it a bit and slowly let up. That's the best way IMO. It teaches the catch point of the clutch and what it feels like to slowly release and go without gas. That specifically makes a huge difference. Just a thought. You'll like the 9-2X aero. Even with the auto. Also, if you do track days, there's a fuse to pull that just disables abs completely and that's all. The 5 speeds don't have that.
Oh I taught her. She got it. She just didn't have confidence to go out by herself. I got tired of the car I bought her just sitting, so I got rid of it. I love her, but it's like being married to a mule.:eek:

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry guys haven't been on to update BUT holy shit that escalated quickly!!!!!

Matt at Suba performance looked over my ride and loved it, was very surprised at the shape it was in which made me happy. Nothing wrong with it and they gave me a quote for quite an upgrade, new injectors, bigger turbo, bigger top mount intercooler, fuel pump to support e85, with labor which wasn't bad is 5600......ouch!!!

Still researching alot and deciding to pull the trigger. It's just plain silly but I like silly. Lots of dough though...

And that's without a pro tune, and they still use boost creep for the tuning or they said they have a guy that can E tune like a mad man but he needs some datalogging. So I could get a base tune and he could tweak it but a protune always sounds better but I would need 2, one for 91 and one for ethanol...

I knew this was gonna get bad quick but damn didn't think the bug would be this extreme but it is!!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fun thread - missed on a couple Subies at the auction today (always wanted one, but was a rotary guy in a past life). Maybe next week... At least I got a turbo Vdub that was fun on the way home. Sad what excites me these days.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

VU Sponsors