Become a Patron!

Anything that beats the lemo V2 in fuction, NOT form?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people.

I have been using a lemo V2 which I find great, but I have given to the missus and dropped from 6MG to 3MG for 2 days as she has just had a tooth out, and cant use a straw. Where the lemo wide open with a wide-ish drip tip is straight to lung, I feel it is comparable to breathing with your mouth half open, I am letting her use it for the 48 Hours till she can go back to her nautilus.

She likes the mouth to lung thing though, so I am getting a good subtank clone for her and myself (I read the reviews, it was the most expensive of the clones but still less than a tenner, £9.53 to be exact, so both will cost less than one genuine. I would usually buy the genuine article, but due to thMetal gear solid:the phantom pain coming out on the 2nd, I can not afford to get 2 genuine tanks. I couldn't really justify getting 2 for £50 anyway, so 2 for just over £19 makes me happy.

According to the reviews, the work great, and someone said it works as well as his genuine subtank. It is also a 1:1 clone, so can take kanger replacement parts, so I could slowly turn it into the real thing if I wanted to lol.

They are the top quality clones, not the 'B' or 'C' options, and the difference from the lowest copy to the highest was only £3-4)

Is there anything on the market, up to £25-30 maximum, that outperforms the lemo V2, or do I already really have the best there is regarding RTA's.

I have also been using something called an 'orchid' lately. My friend Bondo from America sent me it as a suprise, with 2 'bodies' for it, and a third of stackable plastic/metal pieces, so I can make a tank from the minimum size or use a giant chimney and made a 10Ml monster lol. It already seems to have an extended chimney, the two 'bodies/casings/juice holders' also seem to be quite large, it seems to hold around the amount of juice as my lemo. Wicking the thing was a bloody art form, but now it is done, it does not leak and I get ZERO dry hits, and thats with 70PG/30VG juice.

So, anyone know of anything in my price range that outperforms the lemo V2? As It is a great tank, but the chimney is fused to the top half where it is so tight, and it is hard to close it now after replacing the coil.

I have even tried vice grips, nothing will get it unscrewed, which is a shame really as it is a FANTASTIC tank.

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a lemo v2 laying in my vape gear, but since i got the smok vct a1 ive not picked it back up, this little tank is awesome in flavor and vapor, great price on it to i got mine at an ecig convention for 15 bucks, i think on line they r ranging from that price to 25 bucks im using the a1 stainless steel wire coils in my they r lasting up to 6 weeks each, i wash them with good clean water and they look brand new so i dry them out and use them over again, it doesnt come with an rba base but u can order one, im using max vg but it has 5 huge wick holes on the coils so the performance is awesome, i have a true sub tank and a subtank mini plus a aspire tritan all 40 dollar tanks and i am liking my vct better.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a lemo v2 laying in my vape gear, but since i got the smok vct a1 ive not picked it back up, this little tank is awesome in flavor and vapor, great price on it to i got mine at an ecig convention for 15 bucks, i think on line they r ranging from that price to 25 bucks im using the a1 stainless steel wire coils in my they r lasting up to 6 weeks each, i wash them with good clean water and they look brand new so i dry them out and use them over again, it doesnt come with an rba base but u can order one, im using max vg but it has 5 huge wick holes on the coils so the performance is awesome, i have a true sub tank and a subtank mini plus a aspire tritan all 40 dollar tanks and i am liking my vct better.
Ok, I was put of of SMOK due to their abysmal RSBT2, which broke on me within 3 days. No wonder it was on sale lol. I would be interested in the RBA base, as I really want a top quality RTA, not one that you buy coils for, simply for being able to build to the resistance I want.

Does anyone else second the SMOK VCT A1 with RBA? Or is there a better RTA out there?

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The new crown u well is suppose to b killer 35 bucks, but its another one of those tanks u have to order the rebuildable base for, they need to include one with them in my opinnion, i the the rebuildable base for the vct is like 7 bucks and its 10 bucks for one on the crown, reviews on both r popping up on youtube like crazy.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My next NEW tank will be a crown. I'm liking all the reviews I've seen.
I'm also interested in the Cthulhu v2 but I played guinea pig with the V1 and wasn't really impressed with the quality.
It works GREAT day to day but god forbid you have to tear it completely apart...

I have the smok vct with the rba and I agree with Jamey. It's pretty damn good on flavor but the rba is a bit harder to build with dual macros. The chamber could be just a bit larger IMO.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am thinking of the playboy vixen lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My next NEW tank will be a crown. I'm liking all the reviews I've seen.
I'm also interested in the Cthulhu v2 but I played guinea pig with the V1 and wasn't really impressed with the quality.
It works GREAT day to day but god forbid you have to tear it completely apart...

I have the smok vct with the rba and I agree with Jamey. It's pretty damn good on flavor but the rba is a bit harder to build with dual macros. The chamber could be just a bit larger IMO.
Is it in anyway similar to the orchid? A bit finicky with coiling? I like the lemo as you cant really build it wrong unless you are an idiot, but it said the size of the juice channels can be adjusted with the VCT A1?

I can also get the genuine tank plus the genuine RBA for under £16, it seems to be to good to be true? Does it wick lemo v2 style (Not at all leaky if you follow the instructions, and fill it on its side, NOT upright, I have never had it leak and it is my take out take due to not leaking) so I want something really that is NOT leaky, but `I am thinking seeing as the lemo V2 does a perfect job already, why do I want another? I guess its because we are all addicted to vaping equipment. The first regulations are coming in next may. The shops I have spoke to are renaming them as portable power supplies instead of mods, as that is what they really are isn't it?

I think regulation will be more on the general corner store ego style batteries and juice though. I just pray they don't decide nicotine is a tobacco product, as the strongest base you will be able to get is 18MG, so I could still make 1 and 3MG juice easy, it would just last half as long and also probably be more than double the price due to tax.

I think I may Spend around £100 just to stock up on a LOT of base, so I never have issue obtaining nic. By the time that runs out, it will probably be around 20 years lol.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it in anyway similar to the orchid? A bit finicky with coiling? I like the lemo as you cant really build it wrong unless you are an idiot, but it said the size of the juice channels can be adjusted with the VCT A1?

I can also get the genuine tank plus the genuine RBA for under £16, it seems to be to good to be true? Does it wick lemo v2 style (Not at all leaky if you follow the instructions, and fill it on its side, NOT upright, I have never had it leak and it is my take out take due to not leaking) so I want something really that is NOT leaky, but `I am thinking seeing as the lemo V2 does a perfect job already, why do I want another? I guess its because we are all addicted to vaping equipment. The first regulations are coming in next may. The shops I have spoke to are renaming them as portable power supplies instead of mods, as that is what they really are isn't it?

I think regulation will be more on the general corner store ego style batteries and juice though. I just pray they don't decide nicotine is a tobacco product, as the strongest base you will be able to get is 18MG, so I could still make 1 and 3MG juice easy, it would just last half as long and also probably be more than double the price due to tax.

I think I may Spend around £100 just to stock up on a LOT of base, so I never have issue obtaining nic. By the time that runs out, it will probably be around 20 years lol.

The vct is different from both the lemo and orchid.
You fill it like a kanger subtank. The top half unscrews from the base,you hold it upside down and fill.

The rba is...different...
There aren't any posts or screws. You slide your coil legs through two grommeted holes on the deck,one leg gets bent over the threads and trimmed,the other leg gets trimmed and pinched between the insulator and head pin.
It isn't a hard deck to build on but it could use a bit more room in the chamber for larger dual coils.

The juice flow is regulated by a twist of the cap on the chamber. Twist it open to expose the juice ports and vice versa.
My rba doesn't have this option and I'm not sure if they make one that does but the stock coil heads do have it.

I've used it quite a bit and I've never had a leak.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vct is different from both the lemo and orchid.
You fill it like a kanger subtank. The top half unscrews from the base,you hold it upside down and fill.

The rba is...different...
There aren't any posts or screws. You slide your coil legs through two grommeted holes on the deck,one leg gets bent over the threads and trimmed,the other leg gets trimmed and pinched between the insulator and head pin.
It isn't a hard deck to build on but it could use a bit more room in the chamber for larger dual coils.

The juice flow is regulated by a twist of the cap on the chamber. Twist it open to expose the juice ports and vice versa.
My rba doesn't have this option and I'm not sure if they make one that does but the stock coil heads do have it.

I've used it quite a bit and I've never had a leak.
Ahh, that sounds quite cool as I am getting two quality subtank clones on the weekend (well in about 2 weeks with shipping, I am still waiting for my nemesis clone lol). At least I will know how to fill it.

I ask this question, as for the past several re wicks it has not been wicking correctly, and I am plagues with dry hits, and have to cover the airholes and suck juice in maunually. Any idea what is going on here? It worked perfectly and was my favourite tank, but must be wicking it slightly differently causing it no to work corrrectly.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh, that sounds quite cool as I am getting two quality subtank clones on the weekend (well in about 2 weeks with shipping, I am still waiting for my nemesis clone lol). At least I will know how to fill it.

I ask this question, as for the past several re wicks it has not been wicking correctly, and I am plagues with dry hits, and have to cover the airholes and suck juice in maunually. Any idea what is going on here? It worked perfectly and was my favourite tank, but must be wicking it slightly differently causing it no to work corrrectly.

The lemo is dry hitting?

cage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a cloned Subtank Mini. It is a 1:1 but came with nothing more than the tank and a single .5 ohm coil. The tank itself is perfect.....I can't see, feel, or taste a difference between it and my authentic Subtank Minis (which I have a plethora of....great tanks IMO). The coil that came with it is/was pure garbage. I threw it away (didn't even want to rebuild it!) and installed an authentic coil. Perfect across the board. I just need to figure out a way to mark it so that I know that it is the clone in case I ever want to pass it on to someone.

I also have a Lemo 2 and haven't had the issue that you described. Did you try placing it in some VERY hot water? Maybe some juice dried up in or gunked up the threads.

Free2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What about the Goblin? ....steping back to rta (from my daily rdas) and have read that the Goblin by UD could be the one to go with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take a look at a Billow V2. It's a straight dual coil RTA (you have to build it, can't buy pre-built heads). I have 2, no leaks, good vapor, and tastes great. I paid less than $26 each for mine (bought one from Gearbest when they were running a sale and bought the other one from efun).

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm liking the Triton with the SauceCode RBA, as well as the SauceCode (comes with a 0.3 Ohm coil & RBA) tank itself, for a single coil tank.

VU Sponsors