Apollo Melon Cucumber Mint

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So today, after nearly a month of waiting (ordered it on November 21 and received it on December 17), I got my two free bottles of e-juice from Apollo (they charged my credit card one penny to confirm my age). I got the flavors Razzle and Melon Cucumber Mint. I’m only trying one of them out right now because all my tanks are filled with something and I hate to waste juice, so I sacrificed a small amount of a flavor that I’m not particularly fond of anyway in order to clean out a Protank Mini.

I ordered the Melon Cucumber Mint because it sounded like something that I have never tried yet. I’m taste testing it as I said, in a Protank Mini, 2.3 ohm standard Kanger single coil on a MVP2 set at 3.7V.

First I had to clear my brain of any prejudices I might have about it, both pro and con. The pro being that I got this juice for free, so I don’t want to allow that fact to affect my judgment of it (things often seem better when you didn’t have to make any investment in it). I also have to forget the fact that it took them a month to ship it to me. Their promotion obviously went viral and they ended up having to ship out thousands of free bottles so I feel they can be excused. Also, I’ve read here and there some complaints about them so I’m trying to erase what I’ve read so that I can give my honest opinion without being swayed by what others think. So here I go. Let’s have a vape of Melon Cucumber Mint.

My first reaction is not bad, not bad at all. It certainly lives up to what it promises. I can taste a mixture of cantaloupe and cucumber and mint for sure. It’s a nice combination. The mint is not menthol or koolada, but definitely like a mint leaf. The combination of the melon and cucumber is quite tasty, with the melon being rather sweet and the cucumber adding dryness to it that levels out the flavor so that the sweetness is not overpowering. I’m not sure what the vg/pg ratio is, but based on the amount of vapor that is satisfactory, I’d guess 50/50. I am noticing after having a few vapes that the in my face flavor of the first hit is diminishing a bit, but I’m sure this has more to do with my taste buds getting use to the flavor than anything that might be wrong with the juice. There’s not much of a throat hit to it but that’s never been important to me.

Looking at their website, I see that if I hadn’t gotten this free, the 10ml bottle that they sent me would cost $4.95. That’s a little pricier than other places that will give you 15ml for that amount of money, but it still isn’t too bad. What's weird about their pricing, however, is that they offer a 5ml bottle of the same juice for $1.95, meaning if you bought two of those you'd get the same 10ml for $3.80. What's up with that?

I’m vaping this at 24mg. Being able to feel the nicotine in my juice is important to me. I can’t tell you how many bottles of juice I have that claim to be 24mg but when I vape it I wonder where the nic is. This Apollo juice definitely is giving me the nic fix I desire. I felt it on the first hit. Mind you, I didn’t let this juice steep at all, so I have no idea if it’ll have the same punch at the bottom of the bottle that I’m experiencing from it freshly opened, but I can’t complain.

So all in all I’d have to say it’s a pretty fine juice in my opinion. I have no complaints.

I won’t be trying the Razzle until I empty one of my tanks the natural way, by vaping it down, so I’ll end this here just by saying, not bad, not bad at all. Thanks Apollo.

Last edited:

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just wanted to update. After vaping the Apollo juice for a few days I've noticed an unexplained chemical aftertaste that I didn't notice when I was writing the above review. Also, it's affecting me in a weird way that nicotine juices don't usually affect me (I've been getting some kind of weird tingling feeling in my head after vaping it). Personally, even though the flavors aren't half bad, for this reason I personally wouldn't be ordering from the company again.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
"Melon Cucumber Mint" caught my eye, because I recently DIYed a flavor combo like this and thought it was unique, lol!
I used watermelon-cuke-spearmint (plus a little lime) and found the flavor blend oddly appealing. What kind of melon and mint does Apollo use?

VU Sponsors