Become a Patron!

Arctic drip tip is lose. Ideas for a new one?

Hey guys. I just picked up and arctic tank from my local vape shop, and the drip tip is lose. Not to where it falls out. But it rattles. And its annoying. Any ideas on what I should switch it with. I'm looking for a wide boar tip. Preferably not wood. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty much any 510 drip tip should fit. look at the ones at you local B&M and look at the opening for one that is wide bore. The other fix is to replace the o-ring on the drip tip that you have.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A temporary band aid fix that might work is to wrap some dental floss around the groove under the o-ring to force the o-ring out some and tighten it up. I've bought a few drip tips from fasttech for super cheap and they're actually really nice. They have a bunch for under $3 each. I prefer the ones with dual o-rings. They don't wobble for me. Good luck.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine wasn't tight, but it wasn't wobbly either. I changed it out because I like a pom tip so less heat transfers.
Bore is the same as the arctic tip, a little more stealth and a lot cooler.
Floss may take up the gap for a quick fix but for the price I grabbed a hand full of these and after friends saw them and jacked them I have 2 left :)

https://www.fasttech.com/products/2070104

2070104-2.jpg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah, and the benefit of keeping all your teeth in your head lol. Good point ;)

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I ran a plastic press fit tip on my Arctic tanks because the tips were all loose, and like mayorts I like my teeth.

smoke free vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
If looking for a stainless steel drip tip - go for Cartel Drip Tip, made from 304ss True Stainless steel material.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I'd take that sucker back to the store and ask for an exchange.

The drip tip on my Arctic is very tight, almost to the point of being too tight. As someone who used to work in a metal machine shop, it sounds like you got one that was machined at the high end of the tolerance spectrum. I wouldn't settle for a loose drip tip.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My Artic DT was far from loose. Wasn't overly tight either. Perfect fit. I wouldn't understand why but you sure it's not a clone?

VU Sponsors