Become a Patron!

Are mods that connect to your phone worth it ? If so,a good one ?

flexsr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
hey all,

Are any of these mods that connect Bluetooth to your phone worth it ? Do you use it a lot?

The only feature appealing to me , from limited research, would be ability to adjust Power Curve (for mods that have it) on the fly on phone -

are there any other features that you use your phone for ?

If so, recommend a reasonable price mod ( but any kind will do) that has the phone and feature you use ?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Take a look at the apps of the mod you are considering before anything. The permissions requested from the one I have was pretty invasive. It was just one step short of requesting a DNA sample.

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Well my SX mini G has blue tooth capability and I have downloaded the app but haven't seen the need to use it ---- yet.
I might play with it one day ,,, IF I can figure out how to .
I'm not very wise in the way of technology and stuff like that,,,, oh well,,,:devil:.

What happened to my Devil cartoon guy.?. ---------------------------------------- ^^^^^^^.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Think it is a big waste. Not going to use my phone to adjust my mod settings when I can do it directly from the mod.

this-is-a-big-fat-waste-of-my-time-4553629.png

Last edited:

sickbxy

Member For 4 Years
I like having profiles set up in my phone connected to my VA Knight with SX550J; but I think it is a bit novelty. The app is rough and most of what is done in the app can be done easily via the joy stick on the mod. I am waiting for the opportunity to use the app to prank a friend since it does real time temp and wattage adjustments...

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I like having profiles set up in my phone connected to my VA Knight with SX550J; but I think it is a bit novelty. The app is rough and most of what is done in the app can be done easily via the joy stick on the mod. I am waiting for the opportunity to use the app to prank a friend since it does real time temp and wattage adjustments...
Bump him up to 200 watts on his single coil?
That would be funny as hell!

VU Sponsors