Become a Patron!

Are my h2 batteries needing replacement

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a married pair of LG h2 batteries. They drain a little quicker than my newer 25r batts but take no time to fully charge. Does this sound right? The wrap is good and they do not get hot when in use. They are three years old.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
In a general sense as batteries age out you will notice several things:

In use the voltage will drop quickly compared to fresh batteries.

When charging the charge cycle will appear to complete almost too quickly.

Once the charge cycle is done the batteries won't hold their voltage. The older the batteries get the more pronounced this becomes. Do a charge cycle then set them aside for about three days. Test the voltage and see if they are holding their charge - or if they have dropped down to about 3.8 to 3.7 volts without even being used.

All of this behavior indicates the batteries are becoming chemically spent. At some point they just won't be worth the bother. In mechanicals they can become dangerous to use if you keep trying to push them to put out amp levels they can no longer produce.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Other than liion wholesale, what's the other recommended place to buy authentics?

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Other than liion wholesale, what's the other recommended place to buy authentics?

illumn.com
imrbatteries.com
RTDVapor.com
and orbtronic.com
are the other 4 I suggest other than Liionwholesale.com in the US/Can/Mex

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
RTD Vapor has been my go to place for batteries and chargers for years. Great customer service.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered 6 more 25r. I like the 4 I have. I will post on vape mail when it all gets here.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered 6 more 25r. I like the 4 I have. I will post on vape mail when it all gets here.

25R's are very good all around batteries. They have a nice capacity, and like most Samsung batteries can be ran hard if that is your thing.

I realise you mention the HG2's are 3 years old though- are you sure they are HG2's? As I remember when these first were available, and looking online battery bro first mentions these in august of 2015 so they may still be OK.
But seeing as you have 6 new batteries on the way though it is worth replacing them with the new ones anyway :)

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
25R's are very good all around batteries. They have a nice capacity, and like most Samsung batteries can be ran hard if that is your thing.

I realise you mention the HG2's are 3 years old though- are you sure they are HG2's? As I remember when these first were available, and looking online battery bro first mentions these in august of 2015 so they may still be OK.
But seeing as you have 6 new batteries on the way though it is worth replacing them with the new ones anyway :)
I thought they were three years old. Maybe they aren't. I do know how they are acting and believe they are done. I'm a mid level vaper so the 25r will be fine. I normally don't go over 70 watts.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Being as I am a low wattage vaper, I normally rotate between three different single battery mods (I prefer smaller mods which fit into my shirt pocket along with my cell phone and I rotate 3 batteries and replace once a year.

The old batteries are then used to power LED flashlights that I have stashed around the house in case of power outages (I live in a rural area in a small county and every time God sneezes we lose power) as well as flashlights for my vehicles.

VapinMoody

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great way to rotate your batteries UncleRJ...... I too am a low wattage vapor, and still use the same 18650's from January of 2014 (4)with no issues and newer stock mixed in..

VU Sponsors