Become a Patron!

Are some flavors RDA only, and flavorless in a tank setup?

Are certain flavors good for RDAs only?

• Fruit flavors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Desert flavors

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Cream flavors

• Tobacco

• Tea

• Cereal

• Spice

• Candy

• Menthol

• Earthy

• Total voters
I just got the Fireluke Mesh tank for my tesla 220 Punk and put my favorite juice of all time (“Nilla Cake”, by Elysian Labs) in the tank. I have gone through about 10 tanks at this point so I know my coil is broken in. All of my other juice flavors (even “Golden Ticket” mixed with banana “Hella Good” which is an amazing mix) taste amazing so now I do believe that the FireLuke Mesh is as flavorful as the reviewer‘s say... for just about everything except for “Nilla Cake”.

It’s not vaper‘s tongue... when I put “Nilla Cake” in my Tobhino RDA, it tastes amazing so I can definitely still taste that juice. Has anyone else found this to be the case - where certain juices have no flavor in a tank but taste great or different in an RDA? Also, I don’t know if this is important or not but I am using 0 mg of nicotine in my juice

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have found that too, and never could figure out why. [Shrug]
Some juices will even lose ALL flavor if vaped on a factory/pre-made coil, forcing me to use RTAs when I want to be lazy.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Some vanilla flavors do this to me as well. Just make a note to run them in something else. It is my belief that vanilla and cake flavors are very muted and become weird if they do not have a lot of airflow and room to expand their complexities.

^^ purely unscientific and founded on nothing more than knowing certain juices are muted, flat or taste weird in certain setups.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have found that some flavors need more or less power depending on what you are using for an Atomizer. Doesn't matter if it is factory coils or some crazy build you made. I make a bunch of Tobacco Blends of my own and some need more power to taste just right and some taste better with less. Just my opinion but maybe it will help others. Good Luck

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Short answer, yes. I don't think it depends on the type of flavor though (fruits vs tobaccos vs whatever) It's moreso the strength of the flavor itself that sometimes doesn't stand up as well (if at all) in a tank.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like I always say it isn't the device it is how you use it. I can get the same taste and flavor out of any e-Liquid no matter what Atomizer I use. Air Flow, Power and Temperature are all variables you need to learn how to use.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Fireluke Mesh has below average flavor. ...welll below. :blech:
If you bought it cause you got caught up in others' opinions, chalk it up to a learning experience.
It's waayy to airy to be a flavor tank.

No, there are no 'exclusive to RTA' flavors.

Dump the Fireluke Mesh and get a delishimus Crown 3, and some .5 ohm heads.
Then you'll have an even playing field for comparison.

VU Sponsors