Become a Patron!

Are these batteries any good?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just seen these batteries on e Bay And wondering if they are any good, the price is unbelievable. They are 18650 3.7 li-ion S J 6000 MAH Batteries made in Japan by Hi Capacity Power Products for $1.28ea.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
3800 mah is the max rating on an 18650 3.7v li-ion battery, so anything that claims over that amount, is using bad math to sell their product. Not a trust worthy battery. Do not buy that.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
3800 mah is the max rating on an 18650 3.7v li-ion battery, so anything that claims over that amount, is using bad math to sell their product. Not a trust worthy battery. Do not buy that.
Thanks Celtic I thought something was wrong about that, especially at that price, so thought I'd ask. Thanks again!!!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't cheap out on your batteries! I have a hard time trusting ebay for batteries. I Only get from reputable vendors...

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I buy my batteries from these two places only, and I only use Efest 35a 18650's with 2500 MaH.
http://www.lightningvapes.com/produ...drain-rechargeable-battery-flat-or-button-top
http://www.illumn.com/batteries-cha...18650-v1-2500mah-high-discharge-flat-top.html

I have been interested in trying these batteries out.
http://www.kidneypuncher.com/subohmcell-18650-35amp-2800-mah-battery/

But as of now, I truly love these Efest batteries. They last a good long time, I have found that 4 of them is more than enough to get me chain vaping a dual coil .2 or .3 set up all day.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh I remember the last time a 6000 mah battery was used

hp-recall.jpg

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I figured something was wrong. Thanks guys and gee I still have both hands.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I buy my batteries from these two places only, and I only use Efest 35a 18650's with 2500 MaH.
http://www.lightningvapes.com/produ...drain-rechargeable-battery-flat-or-button-top
http://www.illumn.com/batteries-cha...18650-v1-2500mah-high-discharge-flat-top.html

But as of now, I truly love these Efest batteries. They last a good long time, I have found that 4 of them is more than enough to get me chain vaping a dual coil .2 or .3 set up all day.
Hardly see efest fans anymore! They've been reliable for me. People don't seem to want them

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hardly see efest fans anymore! They've been reliable for me. People don't seem to want them
For me, their reliability, price point, availability, great ratings with amp and MaH make them stand out as an obvious choice for a great addition to the vaping community.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trouble is, if you don't know the buyer and they're going cheap, even if they're regular size they could be fake. Something advertised as a 6000mah will most likely be like 70+mm long (think Trustfire).

There's plenty of posts over the Net in forums and youtube by reviewers taking apart seemingly legit 18650s and finding they've got 12series batts in there padded out with powder. Another warning to give you is that if a battery is fake, its insulator might be volatile. I.e. Bang! Buy from trusted sources only.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I've read/been told to avoid Efest like the plague…

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've read/been told to avoid Efest like the plague…
use only the 35a efest, purple ones, and make sure they have the authentic stickers on them. There were fakes going around for a while. People who most often diss on the Efest, are Sony fanboys....lol.

Demoniacal

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All I have right now are 35a purple efests, they've been going strong for me, I tend to build at .25-.7 and two last me all day at work, gonna order some more next Friday, and either getting more purples or some HE2s

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
use only the 35a efest, purple ones, and make sure they have the authentic stickers on them. There were fakes going around for a while. People who most often diss on the Efest, are Sony fanboys....lol.
Lol. I have Panasonic batteries. I'm definitely not a Sony fangirl... But I do have a PlayStation Vita. ....and a PS2 in my closet somewhere. Lol

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's just me but I think I'd buy the LG18650HE2 for $7.50 before spending $8.99 for the same cell in purple. Both prices from Ilumn. :)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have heard that the Efest are LG, yet everyone shows different ratings on the two, even Illumn.com as having different stats. I chose the Efest due to the higher charge rate and the lower max discharge voltage. I don't care for the batteries with generic printing on them....even though I take my batteries out of the box and instantly re-wrap them lol....damn OCD. I've made all my batteries a nice Celtic Orange color hehehehe. I would try an LG, I like the company. I would try Sony too, once they tell people they are in full swing production again. For people getting to know the math behind the batteries, I believe having one that has clear and well printed stats on the cell itself is important.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anything heard about Panasonic batteries?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have heard that the Efest are LG, yet everyone shows different ratings on the two, even Illumn.com as having different stats. I chose the Efest due to the higher charge rate and the lower max discharge voltage. I don't care for the batteries with generic printing on them....even though I take my batteries out of the box and instantly re-wrap them lol....damn OCD. I've made all my batteries a nice Celtic Orange color hehehehe. I would try an LG, I like the company. I would try Sony too, once they tell people they are in full swing production again. For people getting to know the math behind the batteries, I believe having one that has clear and well printed stats on the cell itself is important.
I based it on the DampFakkus test. https://translate.google.com/transl...kus.de/akkutest.php?id=509&edit-text=&act=url
However you are correct that the specs listed on Ilumn vary down to the weight and physical dimensions. As far as clear and well printed stats go printing the pulse amperage without identifying it as pulse is fudging on the math. To be fair the LG is often pushed as 35a as well even though LG says it's 20a continuous. It's this very "35 amp" battery that's the source of much of the grief Efest gets.

Demoniacal

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's just me but I think I'd buy the LG18650HE2 for $7.50 before spending $8.99 for the same cell in purple. Both prices from Ilumn. :)
I'm leaning towards the LGs based on price myself, gotta go with amazon myself, getting a $50 gift card through work, but found a 5pack of LGs for $31 on amazon vs 4 of the purples for the same price so unless stock runs out before I order the LGs are going in the cart

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not pushing the Lg's as I haven't used them. They do have some fans. Since the Sony shortage I chose to go with the Samsung 25R myself and they seem to be just fine. My builds don't challenge the ratings on any of them. :)

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What's your take on this battery?
a8wS8Ha.jpg

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I based it on the DampFakkus test. https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=www.dampfakkus.de/akkutest.php?id=509&edit-text=&act=url
However you are correct that the specs listed on Ilumn vary down to the weight and physical dimensions. As far as clear and well printed stats go printing the pulse amperage without identifying it as pulse is fudging on the math. To be fair the LG is often pushed as 35a as well even though LG says it's 20a continuous. It's this very "35 amp" battery that's the source of much of the grief Efest gets.
That's a good site you linked to (tho I haven't visited it for a bit). I think as far as laurel situation is concerened she's not going to be pushing high amp limits for a bit yet, probably.

@Laurel efest have their reviews and are popular battery in the vape world. But again, buying batteries often comes down to who you buy them from. Having said that, it has a very convincing wrapper.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's a good site you linked to (tho I haven't visited it for a bit). I think as far as laurel situation is concerened she's not going to be pushing high amp limits for a bit yet, probably.

@Laurel efest have their reviews and are popular battery in the vape world. But again, buying batteries often comes down to who you buy them from. Having said that, it has a very convincing wrapper.
Your right about the high amp thing. And if you think it's legit, I'll use it. That silicone-y covering means it's protected, am I right?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I based it on the DampFakkus test. https://translate.google.com/transl...kus.de/akkutest.php?id=509&edit-text=&act=url
Now it's the20A 3100mah getting all the grief now... I can't say I believe it's a panny 6A... I use mine all the time from trusted source, preform quite well

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone here know anything about the 40 amp vamp batteries. They seem like a good bet, but they could be rewrapped fake trustfires.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Same deal with rating it by max instead of continuous. Testing shows it as 10a continuous. There is a constant guessing game with Efest as to what's under the wrapper. To confound it Efest now claims they are a battery manufacturer, not rewrapper. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/notification-from-efest.32152 so who the hell knows. The only Efest I've used are the 18350's. I did have to scrap one after a couple of months for leakage but other than that they seem OK. The real issue seems to be not rating by continuous discharge.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your right about the high amp thing. And if you think it's legit, I'll use it. That silicone-y covering means it's protected, am I right?
Protected means it has a protection chip on it, it will be labeled PCB, it is kinda like a fuse that keeps it from popping. IMR and INR are "safer" chemistry inside the battery. For mechanical mods, most people will not use PCB batteries due to the fact it limits the amount of amps you are able to draw from it. PCB's are more commonly used in variable volt and watt mods that have a 15w limit. IMR (or INR) batteries are the only type of batteries you want to use in a mechanical mod. I never fire my mod for longer than 10 seconds a pop, (and pulse is what you get anytime you fire it under around 60 seconds) so I am personally comfortable with using the pulse rating. I never pocket my mod and make sure it goes into locked position every time I set it down.

I just saw the vamped battery the other day and would love to learn more about it.
Efest is in Shenzhen, so I can believe they manufacture their own batteries, but would like to have word from the mouth, maybe I will try and contact them this week.

and Laurel, I would only recommend the Purple Efest batteries due to those having a Higher Amp limit.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Protected means it has a protection chip on it, it will be labeled PCB, it is kinda like a fuse that keeps it from popping. IMR and INR are "safer" chemistry inside the battery. For mechanical mods, most people will not use PCB batteries due to the fact it limits the amount of amps you are able to draw from it. PCB's are more commonly used in variable volt and watt mods that have a 15w limit. IMR (or INR) batteries are the only type of batteries you want to use in a mechanical mod. I never fire my mod for longer than 10 seconds a pop, (and pulse is what you get anytime you fire it under around 60 seconds) so I am personally comfortable with using the pulse rating. I never pocket my mod and make sure it goes into locked position every time I set it down.

I just saw the vamped battery the other day and would love to learn more about it.
Efest is in Shenzhen, so I can believe they manufacture their own batteries, but would like to have word from the mouth, maybe I will try and contact them this week.

and Laurel, I would only recommend the Purple Efest batteries due to those having a Higher Amp limit.
Cool. This is great information.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's a good site you linked to (tho I haven't visited it for a bit).

I've browsed once or twice but Google translate is a little quirky. Usually I only end up there from a search result.

CosmicVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What about battery junction? They have good deals on chargers and such...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors