Become a Patron!

Are we a queer bunch?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As you check the forum and read the posts somedays...is there ever this whisper in your ear of....."damn we vapers are a queer bunch of characters...."

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
As you check the forum and read the posts somedays...is there ever this whisper in your ear of....."damn we vapers are a queer bunch of characters...."
Nope!
20170718_151941.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I can imagine because I know a current smoker who refuses to vape who could fill those 62 threads with which is the proper match to use to light a killer stick..................

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Chillax girls ...this isn't an attack on vaping,this is an observation on what a eclectic,group of folks we are.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I don't think it's any different than the cigar lovers culture or wine connoisseurs just for example

Those folks have hundreds of years of history to fall back on. We are just making history :D

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think it's any different than the cigar lovers culture or wine connoisseurs just for example

Those folks have hundreds of years of history to fall back on. We are just making history :D
yes..but that is the difference... vaping attracts the kinds of folks who don't feel the need to fall back on something ...they don't mind being in the forefront even if it does raise a few eyebrows......I suspect most vapers ...have been accussed as marching to their own drummer for most of their life.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
.I suspect most vapers ...have been accussed as marching to their own drummer for most of their life.

Not a clue what you mean, none at all. If it helps, I couldn't type that with a straight face. Not worried if I'm strange, or not. Know I am. What's new? Ah, an observation. So, you're saying something to say nothing? Alright, you deserve being told to get bent for that. Get bent. ;) :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
where did I say wierd was not OK...hell the world needs to get alot wireder.
I see tshirts, bumper stickers and billboards all over this city. "Keep "city" Weird". Not sure that it's a local coined phrase, but it certainly suits us. I do love it here, though. Except in summer.

Wasn't this way when I first started out, but I do see a lot of vapers around now. :)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes..but that is the difference... vaping attracts the kinds of folks who don't feel the need to fall back on something ...they don't mind being in the forefront even if it does raise a few eyebrows......I suspect most vapers ...have been accussed as marching to their own drummer for most of their life.

:cool:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a clue what you mean, none at all. If it helps, I couldn't type that with a straight face. Not worried if I'm strange, or not. Know I am. What's new? Ah, an observation. So, you're saying something to say nothing? Alright, you deserve being told to get bent for that. Get bent. ;) :)
kiss my ass you cretin..is your ego so frail is your sense of self so fragile you can't laugh at yourself. apparently so.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I prefer beating to a different drummer so to speak

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That was the most little sentences in a row I believe I have seen in a while. :treadmill:

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
th

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hells no...I don't know if it's the fact that vaper's themselves are an eclectic bunch or the vapers on the vaping forums are a queer bumch because they've taken vaping into the realm of hobbyist...but I'm often amazed at the huge diversity of interests and the breadth of knowldege of those interests that I've come across talking to people on the forum....I feel I could ask a question on just about any subject and there would be someone here who would have a more than passing knowledge on the issue..

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well..you certainly are rather odd...I don't know about the queer part though.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah I learned that the hard way....
Dude, I had the famous Allen Ginsberg make goo-goo eyes at me in a Leonardo's Pizza joint in Gainesville, FL back in '73.
Fortunately I had read 'Howl' by then and knew to avert his reptilian gaze in time before jeopardizing my soul.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
hells no...I don't know if it's the fact that vaper's themselves are an eclectic bunch or the vapers on the vaping forums are a queer bumch because they've taken vaping into the realm of hobbyist...but I'm often amazed at the huge diversity of interests and the breadth of knowldege of those interests that I've come across talking to people on the forum....I feel I could ask a question on just about any subject and there would be someone here who would have a more than passing knowledge on the issue..
I wholeheartedly agree with this. On a daily basis, I'm amazed, impressed and many times appalled. Sometimes in the same post.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude, I had the famous Allen Ginsberg make goo-goo eyes at me in a Leonardo's Pizza joint in Gainesville, FL back in '73.
Fortunately I had read 'Howl' by then and knew to avert his reptilian gaze in time before jeopardizing my soul.
Just thanks your lucky stars you didn't catch the eye of William S Burroughs, and he invited you out for a naked lunch.....I remember reading his book cities of the red nights.......made prison shower play seem dignified.....I was traumatized

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just thanks your lucky stars you didn't catch the eye of William S Burroughs, and he invited you out for a naked lunch.....I remember reading his book cities of the red nights.......made prison shower play seem dignified.....I was traumatized
Yea, I've read lot's of Burroughs..last year of highschool, first year of college, they were trying to make us all "odd"..
Those poor boys sitting on greased poles just wasn't my idea of "The Movement".

VU Sponsors