Become a Patron!

Aromamizer RDTA - Looking for flavour builds

acidburn123

Member For 4 Years
Well bought the aromamizer RDTA and already rebuilt it several times, tried 24/26g kanthal vertical's at 0.3 and 0.5 ohms (wired at 3mm) and was not impressed at all with the results (flavour wise), also the tank go to hot for my liking.

Put a parallel single coil build of 26 + ribbon pre made wire (UD) which ohm's at 0.46 and its better compared to the dual vertical ones I tried.

Any suggestions on some builds?

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well bought the aromamizer RDTA and already rebuilt it several times, tried 24/26g kanthal vertical's at 0.3 and 0.5 ohms (wired at 3mm) and was not impressed at all with the results (flavour wise), also the tank go to hot for my liking.

Put a parallel single coil build of 26 + ribbon pre made wire (UD) which ohm's at 0.46 and its better compared to the dual vertical ones I tried.

Any suggestions on some builds?
In my experience with the aromamizer, the direct air flow hurts the flavor. It's a cloud machine. I've also found that horizontal coils are best for flavor, and wick better, due to both ends of the cotton being in the juice. A 26ga tiger wire build has been my "best for flavor" build so far.

Emberwilde

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
my personal favorite flavor build in the aromamizer is a dual 28g kanthal 3mm ID 12.5 wraps it comes in about 1.2-1.25ohms and depending on the juice I run it at 13w-22w

acidburn123

Member For 4 Years
In my experience with the aromamizer, the direct air flow hurts the flavor. It's a cloud machine. I've also found that horizontal coils are best for flavor, and wick better, due to both ends of the cotton being in the juice. A 26ga tiger wire build has been my "best for flavor" build so far.

Did not try a dual horizontal one yet and makes more sense as well to use them the single coil has 0 dry hits, what diameter and ohm's you build yours at?

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did not try a dual horizontal one yet and makes more sense as well to use them the single coil has 0 dry hits, what diameter and ohm's you build yours at?
The coils are 2.5id, 7 wrap @ .27 ohm, running between 55-65w. I needed a shoehorn to get them in there, but it was certainly worth the effort..

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I use 2x24g/46g Fused Claptons (6 Wraps on a 2.5mm Bit) at a 45° angle and slightly off center. I do this so the air will go through the AFC and hit the closest coil and keep traveling and hit the backend of the furthest coil, producing more vapor and heat. The resistance is .22 and its good at 65w-70w with all holes open but much more flavorful when brought to 60w and only have the 2 holes open that hit the coils directly.
Aromamizer Build .jpg
If I want a horizontal build I make the coils 3mm and pack enough cotton in to block the indirect airholes and try to get the coils as close to the airholes as possible, this makes it so the chamber is reduced and the most heat can be captured. I have drilled out my juice inlets on the deck to 2mm each, I advise anyone that uses this RTA to do that also.
20160106_175059.jpg 20160106_180756.jpg

acidburn123

Member For 4 Years
my personal favorite flavor build in the aromamizer is a dual 28g kanthal 3mm ID 12.5 wraps it comes in about 1.2-1.25ohms and depending on the juice I run it at 13w-22w

Might give that a try as well have some 28ga coming in probably next week.

I use 2x24g/46g Fused Claptons (6 Wraps on a 2.5mm Bit) at a 45° angle and slightly off center. I do this so the air will go through the AFC and hit the closest coil and keep traveling and hit the backend of the furthest coil, producing more vapor and heat. The resistance is .22 and its good at 65w-70w with all holes open but much more flavorful when brought to 60w and only have the 2 holes open that hit the coils directly.
View attachment 37625
If I want a horizontal build I make the coils 3mm and pack enough cotton in to block the indirect airholes and try to get the coils as close to the airholes as possible, this makes it so the chamber is reduced and the most heat can be captured. I have drilled out my juice inlets on the deck to 2mm each, I advise anyone that uses this RTA to do that also.
View attachment 37626 View attachment 37627

That's a FREAKING SETUP !!!!!!!!!!! So you mean basically place the coils as far away as possible from the deck which helps with the cooling? Wish I had the skills making those amazing coils, bought some pre-made clapton wire (still in transit) but those look AMAZING!!! How long is the ramp up on those?

I got a free aromamizer on its way once it arrives I'll give the 2mm hole's a try for the premade clapton wires.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Might give that a try as well have some 28ga coming in probably next week.

That's a FREAKING SETUP !!!!!!!!!!! So you mean basically place the coils as far away as possible from the deck which helps with the cooling? Wish I had the skills making those amazing coils, bought some pre-made clapton wire (still in transit) but those look AMAZING!!! How long is the ramp up on those?

I got a free aromamizer on its way once it arrives I'll give the 2mm hole's a try for the premade clapton wires.
Putting the coils as close as you can to the airholes makes all the air that enters become heated quickly by the coil as there isnt much room for it to go anywhere else, then it goes straight up to your mouth. This makes the coil cooler and makes it so it can be ran higher in wattage also.
The reason I use 40g and up wire for my outer wrap (clapton wire) is that it doesnt become a heatsink like thicker wire, it doesnt need as much wattage to heat them up but they keep the wicking properties that clapton wire is known for. When you use a thicker wire like 34g or lower it acts like a heatsink, requiring you to bump up the wattage for the coil to heat up and increases ramp up time. By using a thinner outer wrap you remove the heatsink effect and reduce the ram up time dramatically (40g+ wire makes it so theres almost no ramp up).

The reason the Aromamizer sucks for most people is they use normal coils that are small and make them close to the posts and then use little cotton for wicking, this makes the chamber bigger and more room for the air to pass by without being heated up and it will also be less dense. You want to make big long & wide coils and pull them so they barely fit under the chamber and then fill the deck with cotton but do not pack it in, you still want the juice to flow into the coil without problems. This will make that cold/airy tank into a warm/hot tank with similar performance to a restrictive draw rda (using 2 AFC holes).

Anyone can pull of some really nice builds with some wire, a drill and swivels and some practice....;)
I hope you understand what I wrote...and thank you for the compliments, be sure to click this link to view some of my other coil builds :p

This is how the Coils should be on the deck, take note that are not snugged up to the posts and they are lifted slightly. The cotton should be similar to this also but if you start getting dry hit then use less when threading it through then fluff it as much as you can so it becomes more absorbent.
Aromamizer Build.jpg20160106_175542.jpg

Last edited:

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just do the above. Horizontal fused claptons. Tastiest build I've found so far. I like 2x28N80/36K1. I would use 40 to wrap but don't have any. Build somewhere around from .2 to .3 ohm and rock out around 60-80 watts. This tank has my drippers collecting dust in my vape drawers. It's that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm new to building coils. After building and rebuilding the Aromamizer RDTA several times and using about a half bottle of juice in the process, I finally came up with a build that has flavor. I used 2 x 26 gauge coils in parallel to build a single 5 wrap, 3mm ID coil. The coil is running horizontally in between the 2 posts, so one side of the wick is touching one well, and the other side in the other well. I kept the wick as fluffy as possible while keeping some resistance when pulling through the coil. I'm too lazy at the moment to upload a picture from my phone, but I will do so tomorrow. I was aiming for .3 ohms but I don't have a reliable resistance meter. I think the key is having a very fluffy wick to take up as much room in the chamber as possible, while still allowing for some air space beneath the coil and between the wick and posts. Dual vertical coils and dual horizontal coils had almost no flavor, but plenty of vapor and I could definitely feel the nicotine. I am running the tank on an ijust 2 starter kit battery. Intense, sweet flavor.

I know the coil is ugly as hell, but I made it out of wires that were already wrapped and then straightened, and I don't have a proper coil jig. Still works like a dream.

Attachments

• 20160212_200031.jpg
    20160212_200031.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Single 2mm ID Clapton between the two posts. Best flavor I have gotten. Sorry can't remember what wires are used in the Clapton as I used a pre made wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors