Become a Patron!

ARRA Mods Intl Lancia RDA

bigbadthor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Lancia RDA is a gorgeous device from Philippine manufacturer, Arra Mods International, the same company that brought us the Givo Mod.
I purchased this RDA as part of a preorder at www.bevapehappy.com for $150 back in early July and after months of anxious waiting it has arrived.
It comes in a small box, which is very nicely embossed on the top cover. The inside cutout that holds the actual device was torn and left the RDA to clang around during shipping. Under the cutout was a bag full of different sized SS air hole plugs (covered below) and an alan wrench. Authenticity and serial number is documented on a printed card, a classy touch, and is also inscribed on the bottom of the RDA itself. My card was fairly battered by the RDA (thanks USPS).
The first thing you will notice is that the Lancia has some extraordinary features. Most obvious is the fact that this dripper comes standard with both Hawaiian inspired engravings on the outer cap or a smooth plain glass cap. Both are a spectacle to behold on the device, I prefer the glass to show off my build and wicking.
It's most unique feature is the airflow control. Designed to promote function in its form, the deck has four (3mm?) holes drilled into it, two on each side, which allow the airflow plugs to press fit into. Each hole has an independent tunnel to the bottom side-ports. The SS plugs look and act just like a standard drip tip, and as such, have a variety of hole diameters to choose from to restrict or open draw. Arra Mods Intl are thoughtful enough to include 3 stoppers to accommodate a single coil, single airflow control operation.
The build quality of the device is on par with the finest out there. The three posts are spot welded to the deck ensuring that they have no travel. All posts have (2mm?) holes drilled through them, able to hold the beefiest builds. My current build is dual 24g Kanthal micro coils and seriously, it was like shoving a hotdog down a hallway. Lots of room.
The SS used is buffed and polished to the Nth degree. It was properly cleaned before I received it, no machine oil anywhere. Was ready to rock and roll the second it saw daylight.
The 510 connection is standard fare. It appears to have silver plated copper non-adjustable connections. It fits on all of my devices and hybrid fittings.
My opinions:
This dripper is a looker. Truly unique.
Building on this is not a chore, but thought has to be put into it. And it leaks. O M G does it leak. I have a delrin drip tip with a very wide bore that I choose to drip through. I have found that I cannot do this (at least the way my setups have been). Juice will go straight down through the coil into the plugs and out the side, much the same as the Magma RDA is prone to do.
This is not a set it and forget it RDA, I have to take off the cap and strategically drip in spots where I know it won't spill. The deck is spacious enough but it will not hold much juice without a lot of wick.
The glass top cap comes off VERY easily. The o rings that seal it are very thin and it comes off with no effort. Oddly enough, the seal on top cap actually works a dream. Also, the glass is not the same diameter as the device. It protrudes maybe .5mm which is not much, but I noticed.
I wish it would have come with its own matching engraved drip tip, but it came with none.
The allen grub screws in each post are shortened to keep the almost industrial look going. They are very small and they hold very well. Was not given extras in my kit.
All that being said, the performance (which I am sure you have all been waiting for) is top notch. Aspiration is about as wide as breathing normally in its most open configuration producing plumes that I have not seen on an unmodified RDA.
The flavor is the kicker for me. Hot, moist flavor; very deep low notes in custards and the ability to knock your socks off with fruity high notes.
Ladies and gentlemen, for the price this is RDA is worth every penny and every minute I had to wait. It is wonderful to be able to see your build and it vapes like no other. It is my new standard for how vapes should taste. Cheers.

PS I will post pictures tomorrow.

VU Sponsors