Become a Patron!

Artery Nugget firmware update issue?

DanTe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does anyone have Nugget and have you been able to do a software update?

I can't do it.

Googling around, I found that you have to have "special: cable to do so, which is not provide in package.
You have to order it separately and just for purpose of doing update.
Here is the cable: http://www.wholesalevapingsupply.com/artery-nugget-micro-usb-update-cable.html
It's some sort of a data cable.

DId anyone do an update and which cable have you used?

Anyone that can tell me, maybe, what kind of cable i can use to do an update, like, some substitute for this, so called, data cable.

I am from Chicago, if anyone has that cable or did an update, i would appreciate if we can make some contact to help me update my Nugget.

Thank you in advance.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless they did something strange, any data cable should work. Do you have any other cables to try? Reading the instructions, it sure seems like a PITA to update compared to a DNA200 mod.

Cheers,
Steve

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The cable is an RS232 to USB interface cable so yea a special cable. Same cable I use to control my telescopes from my laptop.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The cable is a RS232 to USB interface cable so yea a special cable. Same cable I use to control my telescopes from my laptop.
I learn something new everyday. Just out of curiosity, I wonder why they didn't use a regular micro USB Data cable? Is there some advantage to using a cable that most people wouldn't have? Is it just to sell an accessory? I'm not being a jerk, I'm honestly curious.

Cheers,
Steve

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have no idea but you could blame it on a small board . BUT why something as big as a 10 inch Mead telescope can't have a converter built in is beyond me. They get to sell a cable.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A fucking telescope cable?

I have seen a couple reviews where the person had trouble with the update as well.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When I got mine I did a lot of research because all I read was everyone not able to do the update and I finally (someplace) found more than one site mentioned RS232 and I said HA so that's it.

RS232 was the first method of communicating with a computer. I can forgive the Nugget I figure with a board so small that dose so much they didn't have room for another chip. Just speculating so take it as such.

DanTe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
:huh: Thanks for nice explanation.
Strange that is so, but sure like it is.
The price of RS232 to USB cable just doesn't justify the cause.
There is just this update for Nugget...They are already promoting Nugget 2.
To pay that price just for one time use...i just can't get there.
And newer pcs don't have anymore rs232 connection-port. I know my laptop doesn't.
I found this one, but out of stock: http://www.vapingmall.com/artery-nugget-micro-usb-update-cable

Anyone in Chicago or suburbs with, that, kind of cable to help fellow vaper in need?

VU Sponsors