Become a Patron!

As much as I like my Vape stores....

Hello all. My name is Brian. I smoked cigarettes for 25 years and then stopped in 2001. Last year I decided to take up vaping when I heard about ***. I am not a crazy but when there are hundreds of clinical trials underway involving ***, there must be more than just "smoke and mirrors" to the substance.

I really enjoy vaping though (DRUG REFERENCE REMOVED BY STAFF) . Even more pricey is all the Kanger equipment I have been thru in the last 12 months. I must have 8 or 9 Kanger devices at home that do not work. I have already combined working parts to develop hybrid devices so almost all I have is junk now. Kanger devices seem to last an average of 6 weeks. then they just stop working. Admittedly I dropped a couple (how come no one makes pads for vaping devices?) but they are so fragile. A couple just leak like sieves though I never mistreated them.

Granted I was attracted to Kanger because of low costs like for Cupti, Cupti 2,Evod, Topbox, Subvod but the lifecycle costs are ridiculous.

Please ...is there a brand or specific device (not drip or top tank) that is more dura ble? I am willing to pay as much as $200 for a device that will last 6 months. I feel like shipping all my useless Kanger scrap metal back to the company. However , based on the documents they distribute to new purchasers (Ha!) I bet they would not even understand what I write to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
:wave:

In the budget category of vapes, I've always had good luck with Eleaf products

Welcome to VU

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
that staffer must not know what ***is and where it comes from:monkey:

Last edited by a moderator:

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Look at a Pico, cheap and it is a good little mod. I use mine daily and never had a issue. Don't know too much about the tank the kit comes with but I have seen some good comments about it.

Fozzy

Member For 4 Years
I might be in the minority, but my favorite devices continue to be mech mods. Started vaping when cig likes and 15 watt batteries devices were powerhouses. Seeking a more satisfying vape I started using mech mods, RDAs, and rebuilding my Kanger coil heads when needed something for on the go.

But. to answer your question. As long as you don't cross thread a Mech Mod and keep the contacts clean they should last forever.

Mech mods absolutely, require a bit of knowledge and attention to safety when compared to regulated mods. But if you do your researce, buy high quality high amp batteries from a reputable source, understand Ohm Laws and build above .2ohms IMO they are safe. If you are new to Mech Mods or prefer vaping tanks I would recommend something with a 510 pin (not a hybrid mod which has a direct connection between the atomizer and battery. Tanks or mods without a pretending positive pin will create a hard short and that's a recipe for disaster). Always, use a Ohm meter and / or a regulated device to ensure that you don't have a short and aren't exceeding the batteries amp limit. A mech mod will last lifetime if not longer. I have several that must be 7 or 8 yeas old all in perfect working order.

Don't get me wrong, I have many regulated devices and more vape gear than I would consider healthy and enjoy a very wide range of vaping experiences. But my everyday and go to device is a Mech Mod with a UD Goblin 1.2 running a .4ohm coil. Maybe I'm old school. Anyhow for durability I'm sure all my mechanical mods will our last all my regulated devices. Oh, for $200 you can have an authentic, American Made, quality mechanical mod.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to the underground :cheers:

VU Sponsors