Become a Patron!

ASAP HELP. NEED TO REVIVE HG2

Sub-Ohming Potato

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Guys, I really need help. So I got these HG2s, 2 of them, and they are fuckin dead. I haven't done anything to it tbh. After I saw the battery fully charged, I instantly removed them. But as soon as I removed them, they died. This vc4 charger states that they can "revive" dead batteries but I see no sign of them reviving. Please help

Also, I've got a vtc4 that died on me too. I put it in a hybrid mod and just died on my. Fully charged. Plz

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I had a Samsung 25r that went through only a few cycles and did the same thing. I contacted the vendor, they asked several questions, which I answered, and they did replace it. I was totally impressed, since they don't normally replace anything but DOA batteries.

How long ago did you get these?

Sub-Ohming Potato

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had a Samsung 25r that went through only a few cycles and did the same thing. I contacted the vendor, they asked several questions, which I answered, and they did replace it. I was totally impressed, since they don't normally replace anything but DOA batteries.

How long ago did you get these?
Honestly, for 1-2 months ago, I think.

Sub-Ohming Potato

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Through them away......dead things should remain dead...... as per TV and Movies... bad things happen when you restore "life" to dead things.......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
I've got a feeling that these HG2s that died are still fresh. It hasn't been discharged nor overcharged. Not even once

Besides, I only use it in my G-Priv

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just messaged the vendor 30 mins ago and said they won't replace it smh. What do I do now?
I'd do what Honda said. You can recycle batteries at Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy, and some vape shops. Some people toss them, but you can drop them somewhere, too.

Sub-Ohming Potato

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd do what Honda said. You can recycle batteries at Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy, and some vape shops. Some people toss them, but you can drop them somewhere, too.
So there's no way to revive them? I've seen many dudes revive batteries but I don't know if I should do them or not

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Don't know about that. If someone on a vaping forum, someone that's been around a while, tells me not to do something, I err toward safety and try and take their suggestion. (referring to Honda here)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So there's no way to revive them? I've seen many dudes revive batteries but I don't know if I should do them or not
Once a battery is drained... there is NO safe way to restore... it is possible. But the battery will no longer be safe or work as well......... minimum safe voltage for our batteries is around 2.2 volts........ if they ever get that low they very likely to be damaged. Both from getting and being that low and if attempted recharging may cause more damage.

Dead is dead. IMO $10 for a new battery is better than $100 ER deductible plus new mod.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
are you sure its the batteries and not something with the mod? seems odd to have 3 of them die at the same time. unless your charger is messed up

Sub-Ohming Potato

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Once a battery is drained... there is NO safe way to restore... it is possible. But the battery will no longer be safe or work as well......... minimum safe voltage for our batteries is around 2.2 volts........ if they ever get that low they very likely to be damaged. Both from getting and being that low and if attempted recharging may cause more damage.

Dead is dead. IMO $10 for a new battery is better than $100 ER deductible plus new mod.

The battery was not drained, and was fully charged when I used it.

are you sure its the batteries and not something with the mod? seems odd to have 3 of them die at the same time. unless your charger is messed up
Well, I'm not yet sure what's the real reason behind my batteries dying

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The battery was not drained, and was fully charged when I used it.

Well, I'm not yet sure what's the real reason behind my batteries dying
How many volt are in the batteries right Now...... if less than 2.2 through away...... if more than 2.7 charge in charger. Or whatever limit the charger might have.... fir voltages between 2.2 and 2.7 flip coin.... heads keep. Tail toss....

If this not issue I have miss understood question.

Sub-Ohming Potato

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How many volt are in the batteries right Now...... if less than 2.2 through away...... if more than 2.7 charge in charger. Or whatever limit the charger might have.... fir voltages between 2.2 and 2.7 flip coin.... heads keep. Tail toss....

If this not issue I have miss understood question.

I don't think the charger is the problem here. I just bought it. And the batteries are fully chared. Not overcharged nor fully drained. So I believe it still has 4.2v

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Your battery is reading 4.2. I could be wrong but HG 2 that would be Fully charged as I under stand it. So I don't think it is your battery. So I am a bit confused, are you sure you mod is reading them correctly.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you mean by dying if the batteries are fully charge 4.2volts.....
Sound like you have a MOD problem not a battery problem... I would try a new set of Married batteries..

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried them in another mod?

VU Sponsors