Asmodus Mini Minikin Kit, A Deucesjack Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
a946f65ff6c887f3497f7b6443a22544.jpg

Full disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This kit was sent to me directly from Asmodus specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this kit a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Packaging is very nice. I like the fact that before you even open the box you can see the mod, tank and battery. Like with all Asmodus mods the paint is just gorgeous. It’s a classy looking candy apple red with white on the bottom. Bothe colors are done in a high gloss finish.

What's In The Box:

* 1 Mini Minikin 50W Box Mod
* 1 Ohmlette Sub-Ohm Tank
* 1 Efest 1000mAh 15A 3.7V 18500 Battery
* 1 Micro USB Cable
* 0.8ohm Coil - rated for 25-40W
* 0.4ohm Coil - rated for 50-70W

From Top To Bottom:

The Mod:

The 510 has buttery smooth stainless steel threading. The 510 has a really nice throw to it and it has a good spring to it as well. The Ohmlette tank that comes with the kit sits nice and flush as well as all of my other atomizers.
cdfbc02984e5b85a6d8cb4687ee4b480.jpg

Staying true to its Minikin heritage the Mini has a convex firing button that is clicky and easy to find. It has a tactile feel to it and it is not mushy at all. The +/- buttons are located below the screen. They are made of the same metal material as the fire button. They look to be made out of aluminium and they are click and responsive too. Scrolling is very fast and the menu does not round robin.
91f6d9128701402b01096a4105dc8f5e.jpg

In between the buttons you have the Mini’s screen. It is the same size as the screen on the Boost with a different layout. The layout on the Mini as opposed to the Boost is actually more informative. The Mini’s screen will display mode, battery life, wattage/temperature, voltage, ohms, puff timer, and puff counter. The screen is bright and vivid. It can be seen in all lighting conditions.

On the bottom of the mod you have the battery door. Push down and slide out to open the door. Sometimes it takes some pressure to get the door open. Push down and slide in to close the door. Once the door is closed it is very solid. When the door is open you will see battery a orientation marking on the door along with some venting. The inside of the battery compartment is lined with hard plastic.
a02da16d7c9c043b41697e6375c4d09f.jpg
b9b5ebf3f1dc923cd20691182c4451e0.jpg

If the mod is facing you, on the right side you have the update/charge port. It charges at 1 amp and to be honest for a small battery it takes longer than I expected to go from empty to full. However, when externally charged the 18500 battery charges rather quickly.
26e4649ba20d6d7cb2bd8519efc12141.jpg

As with all of the Asmodus mods I have the paint job is just impeccable. It is a gorgeous two tone color of white and deep red. It has a high gloss finish that almost looks wet. On one side of the mod there is some Asmodus branding. It is elegantly done and very subtle.

The Look, Feel, and General Aesthetics Of The Mod:

This is a great little stealthy setup. Extremely pocketable and easy to carry. The mini is easily the highest build quality of all the little Nano and Mini mods I have owned or reviewed. It feels very comfortable in your hand and the smooth texture of the paint is just phenomenal. The Ohmlette tank pairs beautifully with it and performs very well too.

The Tank:

0460fb811e10f5e78940da76027fb2eb.jpg

This kit comes with an Asmodus called the Ohmlette. It reminds very much of the Smok Spirals Plus tank. It has almost the same type of top fill and shape. The drip tip is very comfortable but it is not 510 compatible. All of my 510 drip tips fit but they fit very loose. The drip tip is comfortable and it fits into a raised platform on the top cap. Not a fan of that type of top cap but for this particular tank I understand the reasoning. The platform serves as a grip so you can unscrew the top cap. Threading on the top cap is very smooth. There is even a tiny bit of knurling to help you get a grip. Once the top cap is off you will see two half circle shaped fill ports. They will accommodate most juice bottles. The glass is secured to the tank via two thick color matched orings.
f3a0b84d875810a0b6405b6f6f12b342.jpg

The base has dual adjustable bottom airflow. It has a stopper at each end and the airflow is very smooth with no whistling or turbulence. There is some Asmodus branding on the AFC ring. It has a non adjustable 510 that I would not recommend on a hybrid.
9003a8ad38d386a6d47529b37eb4e432.jpg
027c52587aec325ef5c9450dad52a69d.jpg

The Coils:

The ,4 ohm coil is very nice and flavorful. It’s capable of doing 70 watts which is kind of a moot point on a 50 watt mod. I run this coil at 48 watts on this mod and I get a very satisfying vape but my battery life really suffers. At that wattage I only get about 60 puffs on a full battery. I get a lot of vapor and great flavor. I tested it out on the Asmodus Boost and it does run at 70 watts but the vapor is much hotter. I prefer this coil at just under 50 watts.

The .8 ohm coil is obviously made to run at a lower wattage. I use this coil at around 25 watts and I get about 75-80 puffs before I need to recharge the battery. Not as flavorful or cloudy as the .4 ohm coil but definitely a pleasant vape. I still get good flavor but it is not as warm and saturated as the .4 ohm coils.

Both coils have good flavor and I am sure that is directly attributable to the fact that there's really no chimney. All the flavor comes directly from the coil into the stock delrin drip tip.
8894a5bbe5038e3161097781226ffcae.jpg
c760d3a6f268fb3279e1e13f372a9b66.jpg

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Board:

The Mini uses the GX-50 chipset. It has a full temperature control suite as well as the temperature curve option Asmodus has become famous for. It also has TCR and TFR settings. It TC’s all of the popular metals like Ni 200, SS 316, SS 317, and Ti. I've used the SS 316 and the Ni200 TC. Both performed very well.

This chipset is capable of 50 watts. It can be fired as low as .1 ohm and has temperature range of 212 to 572 degrees. It also has a Maximum Voltage Output of 15A.

The Menu System:

* 5 clicks of the fire button on
* When mod is on 5 clicks of the fire button to enter the menu system.
* Once in the menu system quick click the fire button to scroll through menu options.
* In the menu system use the the +/- buttons to select your options.

Those are the basics. This menu system is not hard at all. Very easy and intuitive to use even for beginners.

How Does It Vape:

This little mod vapes great for what it is. Let's face it. It's not a cloud chucker or a high wattage monster. It's made to use as a stealth vape setup or for someone that is a low wattage tootle puffer. I like both coils I got with this kit but the .4 ohm is definitely the better out of the two. Because of the wattage limitation of this device I really enjoy running my low wattage single coil tanks on it as well as my MTL tanks. I put my Nautilus 2 on it with the 1.8 ohm coil at 12 watts and I get really good battery life. Running this tank over 30 watts is just not practical because of the battery life. On the flip side 18500 batteries are very cheap. I’ve seen the exact batteries that come with this kit on multiple sites for between $2 and $3 dollars. So for $10 you can get 3 batteries and always have one fully charged to swap out.

Conclusion:

This little setup is a homerun for Asmodus. It's got everything you need to start vaping including the battery. I will say out of all the Nano and Mini mods this is the highest quality one I have used with the best chipset. So if you are in the market for that type of setup than this is the top of the line in my opinion. The kit is as complete as it gets and it is very well done.

This kit is for tootle puffers and low wattage vapers. I use it when I run to the store or when I know I’m going to be out of the house for just a little bit. It’s great for those situations where you won’t be away for a while but at the same time you don’t want to lug around a full setup.

Pros & Cons:

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

- Pros:

* Paint
* Build quality
* Updatable
* Clicky buttons
* Solid battery door
* Nice fire button
* Size
* Form factor

- Cons:

* Battery life

Specs:

- The Mod:

* Single 18500 Batteries - Sold Separately
* Wattage Output Range: 5-50W
* Maximum Voltage Output: 15A
* Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.1ohm
* Temperature Control Range: 212-572F
* Ni200, Titanium, and 316 Stainless Steel Compatibility
* Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (TCR)
* Temperature Factor of Resistivity (TFR) Functionality
* Natural Rounded Contour - Ergonomically Driven
* Dual Colorways
* Intuitive OLED Display
* Oversized Firing Mechanism
* Hinged Flip Battery Cover
* Stainless Steel 510 Connection

- The Tank:

* 24mm Diameter
* Superior Stainless Steel Construction
* Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
* 0.8ohm Coil - rated for 25-40W
* 0.4ohm Coil - rated for 50-70W
* Convenient Threaded Top-Fill Design
* Dual Bottom Airflow Control
* Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip Drip Tip
* 510 Connection

If you liked this review or found it helpful please feel free to give it a like and me a follow on this forum. If you are a vendor and you would like a DeucesJack Review please feel free to PM me on this forum. Thank you for taking the time to read this review.

For more information about Asmodus products please visit:

https://www.asmodus.com/asMODus-Mini-Minikin-50W-Complete-Kit-p/asmodus-mini-minikin-kit.htm

Last edited:

VU Sponsors