Become a Patron!

Asmodus Minikin 2 - Tell me not to buy it :)

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The color was called grit. I think it is the raw color? I am hoping it has the rubberized finish but on second look I don't believe it does. I have the original minikin and I really like the fit, finish, and performance. Thanks!

Yep, it's gonna be very slick. Mine feels like it could slip outtas my hand it's so smooth/shiny. But don't worry, you'll love the ascetics once you get it; it's a great looker!

I haven't messed with the updating yet. I don't really see a need for it yet. Asmodus has the updated listed on their website and explain what each one does. Just check them out and see if anything interests you.

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guy's, I do not if they make a non Kodama in the Boost. The 155 boost chip some may like because the batteries last about 10% longer than the 180. I mean if both mods are at say 70W the 155 somehow outlasts the 180 even though it is less efficient. I have done actual tests carefully not just guessing. I have both kinds of Kodamas. I do not mean to be a jerk but if you can pull off at least $349 it is awesome. Does not have as much functionality as VA Knight but it is not $7-$800 and I actually like Either Kodama better. I do like this chip and I am coming from DNA straight the last 3 years. The regular one is very nice but the Kodamas honestly odd as it might seem I will say could be twice as much. If you look hard the lowest I found a Kodaama I think was like $250. Never buy the 150W old version. It had a dangerous flaw and all were recalled. I understand that is a lot of money. It is the same good thing inside but the Kodama is actually one of the best Stabwoods I have. I do also prefer the size of the Boost but either is really just preference. I do not think just 10% battery matters so much unless it does to you. I think the chip and screen draw less power even though it is less efficient. Anyways I give a thumbs up to either one. Asmodus is quality stuff. I thought it was some off brand always but it is more like VA really.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only thing I hate about the Minikin 2 is that if the touch screen goes due to juice entering or whatever reason, you will be stuck at the wattage you were on and will be unable to adjust your wattage.

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I will report back and it shipped today! I have a brand new pair of LG 18650HG2 3000mAh 20a just waiting for the arrival!

How do you like the metal finish? Also do you recommend a firmware upgrade right away? I need to go do some research.

I have done the firmware upgrade, but it doesn't offer much. You get a selection of soft/normal/hard for power mode and triple tap instead of swipe to unlock (you can select that). And TFR falls under the bus. If you need TFR stay away, otherwise updating is fine but not a massive improvement.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guy's, I do not if they make a non Kodama in the Boost. The 155 boost chip some may like because the batteries last about 10% longer than the 180. I mean if both mods are at say 70W the 155 somehow outlasts the 180 even though it is less efficient. I have done actual tests carefully not just guessing. I have both kinds of Kodamas. I do not mean to be a jerk but if you can pull off at least $349 it is awesome. Does not have as much functionality as VA Knight but it is not $7-$800 and I actually like Either Kodama better. I do like this chip and I am coming from DNA straight the last 3 years. The regular one is very nice but the Kodamas honestly odd as it might seem I will say could be twice as much. If you look hard the lowest I found a Kodaama I think was like $250. Never buy the 150W old version. It had a dangerous flaw and all were recalled. I understand that is a lot of money. It is the same good thing inside but the Kodama is actually one of the best Stabwoods I have. I do also prefer the size of the Boost but either is really just preference. I do not think just 10% battery matters so much unless it does to you. I think the chip and screen draw less power even though it is less efficient. Anyways I give a thumbs up to either one. Asmodus is quality stuff. I thought it was some off brand always but it is more like VA really.

Aren't the Kodamas made/assembled in the US? The extra efficiency might come from better quality wiring/materials. Just a guess, I could be talking out my ass. And I do imagine the boost display would draw way less power than the touch screen.

Are you gonna buy a Kodama Reborn if they make one?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are made in the US per Asmodus but I have no idea what they use. I guess I would get the reborn. I like stabwood. As I said these are some of the best stabwood mods I have seen. I just personally like these. The metal one is absolutely fine too. These are good mods imo. Someone may say DNA is better, yeah but they are my only mods where the board quit. Granted like after a year plus but still. I really prefer anything that is not DNA now. The Kodama are just very pretty but the chip is what you are vaping not the pretty wood. I was just saying they are not cheap but worth saving for in that scenario. Especially a LE one but that is really a lot of money. I probably would not subject these to rough use. Even if they are strong they will get scratched. These are really just if looks are important to you. I am not aware that they carry any status.

2buildawall

Member For 4 Years
I have done the firmware upgrade, but it doesn't offer much. You get a selection of soft/normal/hard for power mode and triple tap instead of swipe to unlock (you can select that). And TFR falls under the bus. If you need TFR stay away, otherwise updating is fine but not a massive improvement.
Thank you for the information (and everyone else also). Your metal Minikin looks great, I really like the color. I mostly just run in wattage mode and am not into all the tech stuff (probably my age) but I do like the power mode on my Yihi board that I had. So I will probably play with that a bit. My Minikin ramps right up without it though and it is the original. Now do I "need" to get a new topper? hmm...... why yes I think I do!

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang Pizza, is that a VooPoo in your Avatar? I just wrote something about it. For the price I would seriously consider it over the Minikin. Unless we are talking Kodama. The Gene still vapes better, better than DNA IMO. It just so happens as for liking Stabwood the Kodama is very nice. The regular Minikin is a good mod in it's own right. I like Asmodus because they last, unlike Lost Vape from my experiences. Plus Minkin is much less money unless Kodama.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I love love love my asmodus minikin! I bought it because of the color and shape, had it a lil over a year and the husband wants me to sell it because we are getting too many...but that'll never happen!

Hubby wants you to sell your favorite Asmodus Minikin? :crazy:
You always need back ups and back ups for your back ups!
:cheers:

2buildawall

Member For 4 Years
Minikin V2.jpg

Yes and there it is! it is slippery so I bought a sleeve for it. I must say it checks all my boxes and a few I don't even need. It is very hard to put down I enjoy it that much. Thanks for the recommendation!

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an issue. It seems none of mine have any "power", hit etc. Compared to Evolv or YiHi they can't compete. I am in temp mode SS316. I do not get it. It is like a little fizz not clouds. I must be doing something wrong. I hope so. Anyone help please? I think these are some of the best Stabwood out and at $250-700 I would certainly hope they are usable and not just for the display shelf. They are the same thing as the metal one and you all like yours. I don't get it. This can't be right.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I have an issue. It seems none of mine have any "power", hit etc. Compared to Evolv or YiHi they can't compete. I am in temp mode SS316. I do not get it. It is like a little fizz not clouds. I must be doing something wrong. I hope so. Anyone help please? I think these are some of the best Stabwood out and at $250-700 I would certainly hope they are usable and not just for the display shelf. They are the same thing as the metal one and you all like yours. I don't get it. This can't be right.
I use mine in wattage mode only! I do not use my Minikin for TC.
Have you tried the firmware updates?
There are at least 3 firmware updates on this page- maybe it will help you? Scroll down the page and you will see the links!
The video is how to do it.

https://www.asmodus.com/asMODus-Minikin-2-180W-p/asmodus-minikin-2-180-touch.htm

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hi and welcome- I agree the Minikin V2 is one of my favorite mods
I bought 3 of them!

Especially with the setup I have I feel like no matter how many different mods I try it'll never be as good as that. The only problem that I have is that every time I drop my mod the batteries comes out. I guess there's an easy solution to that; don't drop it.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Especially with the setup I have I feel like no matter how many different mods I try it'll never be as good as that. The only problem that I have is that every time I drop my mod the batteries comes out. I guess there's an easy solution to that; don't drop it.
LOL- it will train you not to drop your mod! Really not good for them to drop them! :idea:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I still want one too, but I have the issue that every time I like something, my husband needs to be that copy cat. Hope the prices go down a bit, or I can somehow make him not wanting one as well. Also I really love the prism but just like the coral drag, it seems nobody is stocking them or at a price range that I actually could go ahead and buy a dam DNA mod lol.

I yet try to figure out if its just hype even tho its older, or actually an amazing mod to have. Some people recommend the reborn over the v2 I haven't looked much into it yet to even know the difference. My question is just do I stick with my drag and g2 which I both love or buy 1 more mod that could do tc better? Right now I'm constantly switching between g2 in xxx mode and drag in watt mode, its a first world problem I like to resolve lol. Any inputs from people maybe owning both or all 3 and do a quick comparison?

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I yet try to figure out if its just hype even tho its older, or actually an amazing mod to have.

The latter! It is a damn solid, comfy and well performing mod, as far as I can tell after a few weeks. And I'm not sure if I'm nuts, but it seems to be super easy on the batteries (same with the Colossal). I haven't measured it, but it feels like the Asmodus mods get way more life out of them than say a DNA75C or the Drag/Newbie w/ Gene chips. But that could just be a case of confirmation bias on my end. :crazy:
(Disclaimer: I really don't like the Drag's feel [chip is top though]. Too clunky. Got it as part of a huge used items package.)

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
The Minikin matches your nail polish perfectly!
The Minikin is a great mod and love all of mine too- thinking about getting the Asmodus Lustro too- looks awesome too- just waiting for them to release some more colors!

https://www.asmodus.com/asMODus-Lustro-200W-Box-Mod-p/asmodus-lustro-200w.htm

Hahah yeah I know! I didn't even realize they were the same colour until I picked up my minikin and I was like oh shit nice!
Just checked out the Lustro, that's a nice mod too!

Masher59

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just ordered me one also in GRIT. My old IPV3li lasted me over 2 years and I was on a hunting trip and had to buy a smok tpriv in November. Well the Tpriv just died after 4.5 months. Hopefully I get better life out of V2.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been following this thread from the start and wanted a minikin 2 for a while, especially with how high @SnapDragon NY rates them, last night finally pulled the trigger on one, ordered the black from flawless vapes, was cheapest I found at $59 stateside.

I considered getting the new lustro, but is bigger than the minikin 2, and prefer the smaller size.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Been following this thread from the start and wanted a minikin 2 for a while, especially with how high @SnapDragon NY rates them, last night finally pulled the trigger on one, ordered the black from flawless vapes, was cheapest I found at $59 stateside.

I considered getting the new lustro, but is bigger than the minikin 2, and prefer the smaller size.

Nailz I hope you love the Minikin V2 and much as I love mine- very nice, well built,small, long battery life and easy to use swipe screen- what's not to love- plus US based customer service and repair center all a win-win in my book.
Let me know what you think when you get yours.
Yes the Lustro is a tad larger, saw they have your favorite color -Yellow!
Not decided yet on another V2 that will make 4 for me or the new Lustro.
Quite a few of us Asmodus Minikin V2 lovers out there, Welcome to the Club!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nailz I hope you love the Minikin V2 and much as I love mine- very nice, well built,small, long battery life and easy to use swipe screen- what's not to love- plus US based customer service and repair center all a win-win in my book.
Let me know what you think when you get yours.
Yes the Lustro is a tad larger, saw they have your favorite color -Yellow!
Not decided yet on another V2 that will make 4 for me or the new Lustro.
Quite a few of us Asmodus Minikin V2 lovers out there, Welcome to the Club!

Yea did see the Lustro in yellow and it did tempt me, but the size difference made the minikin 2 win, wish they did the minikin 2 in yellow, but that blue shine also was tempting too, but think it would be a finger magnet, so went with boring black, as most of my tanks are black, will be matchup :)

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Yea did see the Lustro in yellow and it did tempt me, but the size difference made the minikin 2 win, wish they did the minikin 2 in yellow, but that blue shine also was tempting too, but think it would be a finger magnet, so went with boring black, as most of my tanks are black, will be matchup :)
I have the Minkin V1.5 in the purple rubbery coating and that is a nice texture and mine still looks new after over a year of use- granted I am not rough on my gear, but even the bottom looks good, I think you will like that finish.
The Prism(rainbow) Minkin V2 is a fingerprint magnet as I am sure all of the chrome finishes are, also shows major wear on the bottom also some scratches from my rings, but my white pearl painted V2 looks like new. I would really like a pink one its not chromed more like the white painted finish- or the grit(relic) finishes in either the silver or gold look pretty nice too. I do love the blue and now green chrome, but leery of that since my prism finish is not doing so well.
Sounds like the black V2 will be an awesome matchup to your black tanks, silver and or gold look nice too with black drip tips, really any color tank would look nice with the black V2.
Great price on the V2 at Flawless- I had been checking them out there, but have never ordered from them, let me know what you think.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Great price on the V2 at Flawless- I had been checking them out there, but have never ordered from them, let me know what you think.

I've had plenty of their juice (flawless) but never ordered directly from them, but they sure ship fast, meant to be here tomorrow according to tracking, so impressed with them so far.

Thank you for reporting back on the chrome finishes, I can't stand finger print magnets, does my OCD in, so glad I went with the black ;)

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Flawless vape are awesome, not only did get my minikin v2 to me in 2 days, but they threw in a tank in for free, what a steal, minikin v2 and tank for $59 :bingo:

lgFCaeC.jpg

Already got the minikin up and running, 1st impression are strong, is a bit smaller than I expected, which is a good thing, love the large size clicky fire button, love the silky feel to the mod :)

Never had a touch screen mod, so was concerned about that, but got it figured within a minute and working well.

Now if only they would do a yellow one in the this same coating :)

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Flawless vape are awesome, not only did get my minikin v2 to me in 2 days, but they threw in a tank in for free, what a steal, minikin v2 and tank for $59 :bingo:

lgFCaeC.jpg

Already got the minikin up and running, 1st impression are strong, is a bit smaller than I expected, which is a good thing, love the large size clicky fire button, love the silky feel to the mod :)

Never had a touch screen mod, so was concerned about that, but got it figured within a minute and working well.

Wow that was fast and very nice to throw in a free tank too! I never get that lucky!
Glad you are figuring out the screen and that so far you are liking the V2- I think they are awesome mods!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I have the minikin 2 in dusted bronze (I think that's the name of the colour). I couldn't be happier with it.
Very nice color! Is that rubber coated or a painted metal finish?

Masher59

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yea the touchscreen took me a few to figure out also. It is very small in my gorilla hands for sure. Absolutely love the battery life I'm getting about 13 hours of use on my HG2s and that's hitting it pretty regularly to say the least. After 5 days of use I'm very happy to say the least.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was just coming here to comment on battery life, been using it for over 12 hours (I vape at 20 watts), and the battery meter has hardly moved :eek: Unless the battery meter suddenly starts moving faster as it goes down, this thing is awesome with battery life :D

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I was just coming here to comment on battery life, been using it for over 12 hours (I vape at 20 watts), and the battery meter has hardly moved :eek: Unless the battery meter suddenly starts moving faster as it goes down, this thing is awesome with battery life :D

At 20 watt the Minikin gives me battery life for days. Heck even the single 18650 Colossal can do more than a day at that wattage without problems. And I can probably be considered a chain vaper of sorts (at least while I am at home or work from there). :cool:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Thanks to @Heartsdelight for the heads up, asmodus is doing 17% off with code 'green17'

As enjoying the minikin V2 and with that discount, just ordered the yellow Lustro from them :D
I knew you would go for the Lustro in your favorite yellow nice coupon code from Asmodus! @Heartsdelight just got the White Lustro and it is gorgeous!
I am waiting for more colors to come out before I pull the trigger on a Lustro, just not sure what color I want yet.
I am glad you are enjoying the V2!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I knew you would go for the Lustro in your favorite yellow nice coupon code from Asmodus! @Heartsdelight just got the White Lustro and it is gorgeous!
I am waiting for more colors to come out before I pull the trigger on a Lustro, just not sure what color I want yet.
I am glad you are enjoying the V2!

Yes it was @Heartsdelight showing her white one off next to the minikin that made me go for the lustro, the Lustro next to the minikin sure isn't as big as I thought it was, and the discount sure helped deciding too lol

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

lgFCaeC.jpg

Wow that’s a really great price!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just checked & went to message @SnapDragon NY they do have the pink! Ohhh nooo! I wantttt it! But I just brought 2 new mods. Gaaa!!!! :cry:

I was surprised they have such a big selection of them, most places I looked at, only had a few choices in stock.

Right now they send a gift too, hence why I got the free tank, don't know if all mods get a tank or just random what you get :)

VU Sponsors