Become a Patron!

Aspire .7 ohm coil

Zagnew18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey all, been seeing a lot of mixed reviews about Aspire's BVC .7 ohm coil, and it seems to me that perhaps the coil just isn't being used properly by the ones with complaints. Of course, I am not stating this as fact, and the following is only my opinion, but I just started vaping them this week and I can't stop, they're so good!

So let me explain my above statement, the people that gave the thumbs down for the coil were commonly vaping it with a tight air-draw, and claiming that it was much too warm or harsh on the throat hit, also ripping through more juice than the 1.8 ohm standard MTL coil. I don't blame them for using the tight draw, as Aspire markets the Nautilus 2 that this coil comes pre-installed in as a MTL flavor tank.

In my opinion, however, this coil should be used with airflow wide open. I use a hybrid draw when vaping this coil, first bringing some vapor into my mouth as I would when taking a normal MTL hit, but then I release that vapor and switch my draw to a more direct lung pull. The coil has a tight draw as it is not a "direct lung" coil, however it feels as though I'm pulling more the appropriate amount of vapor this way, and it doesn't seep into my lungs because it doesn't fire as intensely as your typical sub-ohm coil. What I end up with when I finally inhale the vapor is intense flavor, like BIG flavor, absolutely wonderful, and vapor production that I would say is about 1.5x your usual MTL cloud, which is obviously not a ton of vapor, but very satisfying for the MTL vapers out there.

So obviously with the airflow wide open, the vapor doesn't run as hot over time. The draw method I use also makes for a more satisfying throat hit instead of being too sharp, and OF COURSE it's gonna eat more juice, going from 1.8 ohms down to .7 is significant. It just appears to me that this coil works more in a hybrid format. Not your typical MTL that should be used with minimal airflow as it's basically a sub-ohm coil that's used in a more MTL format. And upon discovering that, I kind of feel like I filled a void in my regular vaping habit, and am beyond satisfied with these coils. I know people are using them like a standard MTL with success, but for those with questions about it, just thought I'd share my experience with it so far in the event it could help someone out.

I have no idea if what I'm doing was Aspire's intended use, but treating it as a coil that falls somewhere between MTL and DL instead of a straight-up MTL coil has made this thing my new favorite coil hands down. Using in an Aspire Nautilus 2 at 20w on my iLeaf Power Nano for reference. What are you thoughts? Anyone else using these or having any trouble with them? What's your experience so far?

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use the Nautilus 2 the same way. I have to have the airflow wide open and especially so with the .7 ohm coils. I keep it at 20 watts as well.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When I first got my Nautilus2 , I kept the air holes about 1/2 open and MTL only. Didnt take too long before I was using it fully open and switch-hit between MTL, DTL , and transition method as you mentioned. I keep mine on a Target Mini at 18w usually. At 6 to 10mL a day, the 0.7 coils seem to last about 2 or 3 weeks.

Zagnew18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I thought it was strange at first that Aspire included a sub-ohm coil with their MTL tank with no direction on how this coil in particular should be used, not even on their website in the tech specs. And all the reviews on YouTube showed people loving or hating it, based on using it in a tight MTL fashion. No one mentioned using it in this more hybrid way so I’m glad to see people are, because I think it’s the best way to vape this coil. Flavor and production are so satisfying and it ALWAYS keeps up no matter what your juice ratio is.

Zhaylin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a love/hate relationship with my Aspire coils. I use the 5ml tank. I keep the tank on the second tightest end.
I only vape at around 19 watts but I go through about 30-40 ml of juice a week and coils live anywhere from 2-7 days, with 3 being about average.
Seems my juice is too sweet or something and one brand vanilla (English Fog) is completely okay while others (Holy Cow) are not. :huh:

I've used Aspire for about 2-3 years now and recently switched to a mesh mod to try to save money :teehee:

Daneszko

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi there! I've just switched from Tron-S to Nautilus 2 and using 0.7 Ohm coils. This is my first day using it. Didn't experience leaking and the flavor is extraordinary. Before using the coil I've dripped some juice in the coil and waited like 20 minutes but I have to use my eVic mini under 16 W otherwise I'll get a burned taste.

Update:

I've changed the coil to another fresh 0.7 one. I've also changed the liquid. Now the burnt taste stopped but when I hit 18 W the coil and the tank gets hot after 3-5 mins of vaping. When I lower the Watts it doesn't vaporizes the liquid properly and I can feel it setting down on my throath causing coughing. Anybody that had similar issues and fixed it somehow?

Last edited:

Zagnew18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi there! I've just switched from Tron-S to Nautilus 2 and using 0.7 Ohm coils. This is my first day using it. Didn't experience leaking and the flavor is extraordinary. Before using the coil I've dripped some juice in the coil and waited like 20 minutes but I have to use my eVic mini under 16 W otherwise I'll get a burned taste.

Update:

I've changed the coil to another fresh 0.7 one. I've also changed the liquid. Now the burnt taste stopped but when I hit 18 W the coil and the tank gets hot after 3-5 mins of vaping. When I lower the Watts it doesn't vaporizes the liquid properly and I can feel it setting down on my throath causing coughing. Anybody that had similar issues and fixed it somehow?

Responding to your first issue, what is the ratio on the liquid you're using? I use 50/50 vg/pg at around 21 watts regularly and don't experience any burned taste. My assumption is that the coil isn't keeping up and you may be experiencing some dry hits, but I'd be surprised if that were the case because I've used 70/30 in there also and it was wicking and keeping up fine. These coils can usually take on just about any juice.

As far as the heating up goes, I notice that also if the airflow is cut down. Are you using the coil in a traditional Mouth-to-lung fashion with tight airflow? The design basically keeps your lips pressed against the tank as you take a draw, so being that it is technically a sub-ohm coil, you're gonna feel that moreso with limited airflow. That's why I keep my airflow wide open and use it for a more restricted direct-lung hit, the more open airflow helps to keep the tank a little more cooled. Even though it's not a true direct-lung hit, it helps. See my original post for how I'm using it, could help ya! If that doesn't help because you want to stay strictly mouth-to-lung, I'd recommend the 1.8 ohm coil, which won't heat up as much under tight airflow and more closely resembles a draw from a cigarette. It's the coil that took me off them in the first place. Hope this helps!

Zagnew18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a love/hate relationship with my Aspire coils. I use the 5ml tank. I keep the tank on the second tightest end.
I only vape at around 19 watts but I go through about 30-40 ml of juice a week and coils live anywhere from 2-7 days, with 3 being about average.
Seems my juice is too sweet or something and one brand vanilla (English Fog) is completely okay while others (Holy Cow) are not. :huh:

I've used Aspire for about 2-3 years now and recently switched to a mesh mod to try to save money :teehee:

Sweeteners will rip through most coils pretty quick. Which is unfortunate because some sweet flavors are SO GOOOOOD. But that's the nature of them. They tend to gunk up the coil quicker and reduce coil life. 30-40 ml per week isn't bad at all when you consider costs against smoking cigarettes, and that this coil uses more juice being a sub-ohm coil for MTL use, compared to other MTL coils that range above 1.0 ohms. The 1.8 ohm coil for the Nautlius series is an option to consider for a more traditional mouth-to-lung hit and more economical in the long run as far as juice consumption if that's your main concern.

Daneszko

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Responding to your first issue, what is the ratio on the liquid you're using? I use 50/50 vg/pg at around 21 watts regularly and don't experience any burned taste. My assumption is that the coil isn't keeping up and you may be experiencing some dry hits, but I'd be surprised if that were the case because I've used 70/30 in there also and it was wicking and keeping up fine. These coils can usually take on just about any juice.

As far as the heating up goes, I notice that also if the airflow is cut down. Are you using the coil in a traditional Mouth-to-lung fashion with tight airflow? The design basically keeps your lips pressed against the tank as you take a draw, so being that it is technically a sub-ohm coil, you're gonna feel that moreso with limited airflow. That's why I keep my airflow wide open and use it for a more restricted direct-lung hit, the more open airflow helps to keep the tank a little more cooled. Even though it's not a true direct-lung hit, it helps. See my original post for how I'm using it, could help ya! If that doesn't help because you want to stay strictly mouth-to-lung, I'd recommend the 1.8 ohm coil, which won't heat up as much under tight airflow and more closely resembles a draw from a cigarette. It's the coil that took me off them in the first place. Hope this helps!

Thanks for your response! I've just tried the 20PG/80VG maybe that could be the problem for my first issue.
I'm leaving the airflow on wide open all the time.
I didn't try the 1.8 ohm coil but I will. Also I've heard in a review that the Nautilus 2 is compatible with all the Atlantis, Triton, Nautilus coils, there might be a 1.0 Ohm one which would also worth a try. Do you have any experience with them?

Zagnew18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for your response! I've just tried the 20PG/80VG maybe that could be the problem for my first issue.
I'm leaving the airflow on wide open all the time.
I didn't try the 1.8 ohm coil but I will. Also I've heard in a review that the Nautilus 2 is compatible with all the Atlantis, Triton, Nautilus coils, there might be a 1.0 Ohm one which would also worth a try. Do you have any experience with them?

Hmmm maybe 80VG is just slightly too high for that coil to wick properly.

The Nautilus 2 is compatible with all of Aspire's mini BVC coils. So those tanks you listed are the full-size tanks with larger coils, but their mini counterparts use the same structured coil as the .7ohm you're using now and can be swapped freely from what I understand. That's why the Nautilus 2 feels more like the "Nautilus Mini 2", because it uses that same coil package. I never tried the Triton Mini coils in mine, but I've seen a good amount of people giving them a shot with good results. Trition Mini has a .15 coil I believe that may do better for your 80VG juice, but it would be a direct-lung sub-ohm coil so I'm not sure if that's your style or not.

I am using both 0.7 & 1.8 ohm for my Nautilus 2. I still having difficulty with the burnt taste, with only 2 days of usage. Does the airflow for 0.7 need to be wide open? Since i do love tight airflow.

NWOVaper

Member For 1 Year
Hmmm maybe 80VG is just slightly too high for that coil to wick properly.

The Nautilus 2 is compatible with all of Aspire's mini BVC coils. So those tanks you listed are the full-size tanks with larger coils, but their mini counterparts use the same structured coil as the .7ohm you're using now and can be swapped freely from what I understand. That's why the Nautilus 2 feels more like the "Nautilus Mini 2", because it uses that same coil package. I never tried the Triton Mini coils in mine, but I've seen a good amount of people giving them a shot with good results. Trition Mini has a .15 coil I believe that may do better for your 80VG juice, but it would be a direct-lung sub-ohm coil so I'm not sure if that's your style or not.

The thing with high VG is that it's thicker than PG, so the higher VG rating the thicker it will be. Try to dry puff on it with the air closed every once in a while, that should help it to wick a bit better. It can be annoying, but it beats burnt coils! Erghh.....

Could also try an RDA/RTA :) I haven't looked back at my tanks since going to an RDA.

Daneszko

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm also still getting burnt taste with the .7 Coils. I'll try the 1.6 next week, maybe they'll help. I'm also recommending the dry puff, it's annoying but you can get rid of the burnt taste for a decent amount of time. I've started to thinking about getting an RTA... I'm not really satisfied with the Nautilus 2, I've loved my Tron-S and after a month of experiments this tank doesn't look like it worth it. We'll see how the 1.6 coils will do..

Update:
Tha 1.6 coils worked for me, the tank is much cooler now but it also reduced the size of the cloud.

As a summary:
I've disliked the Nautilus 2 and switched to a dotmod Petri RDA. I love it so much and it gave me the courage to try squonking so I bought a Geekvape GBOX with Radar.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors