Aspire Atlantis coil-fits

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm thinking about the silo beast as my next tank. Anyone have one of these?

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm fixing to order some of those vixen coils and see how they do, $12 a 5 pack on vaporbeast.com. some of the "reviewers" really liked them, so we'll see.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heard good things about playboy coils and subverter mini coils, have yet to try them.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
First coil and I have to say so far these playboy coils are just as good a vape as the Triton heads I had were, maybe slightly better. For that price if they last a good while it's a no brainer for me.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
With 23 tanks (and counting) that use the Atlantis coils, the real question is which are the best tanks on the list? Yeah, I know, it is a very subjective question.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With 23 tanks (and counting) that use the Atlantis coils, the real question is which are the best tanks on the list? Yeah, I know, it is a very subjective question.

I am really enjoying my Melo2. that being said I am using Starre coils in the Melo2...is it the tank? is it the coil?...I'm thinking the coil more...

I am really enjoying my Melo2. that being said I am using Starre coils in the Melo2...is it the tank? is it the coil?...I'm thinking the coil more...

I just bought the Melo 2, and from what I've read, it has a great deal of compatibility, coil-wise. When searching for coils for the Melo 2, I kept running into the iJust 2, which lists itself as compatible with the Eleaf Melo, Melo 2, Aspire Atlantis 2, Aspire Atlantis Mega & Aspire Triton. I can only assume if the iJust 2 is compatible with all of those coils, then the Melo 2 is also compatible with them. But to play it safe, I bought the iJust 2 coils, until I got confirmation about the others.

Just thought I'd add my two cents.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Starr series Replacement Coil fit in my Melo2 BUT I had to use the bottom contact pin from an old Melo2 coil as the Starre bottom contact pin is a tad too short. *DISCLAIMER* Of course be careful of the wire/s coming through the center hole of the insulator if you decide to try this.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Seeing the new target c cell ceramic or whatever they're called coils are an "Atlantis" coil, we shall see, although I'm seeing they're only on pre orders right now.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm anxiously waiting for Heaven Gifts to get them in. I so want to try them in my Atlantis 2 and Starre Pro tanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have 2. About to get a third one in black. So worth it!! Sent from my oversized Samsung
Nice! I'm hoping to get one for Christmas. Can't wait! Seems like the perfect tank for me. If it is, then the search for the perfect coil begins.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nice! I'm hoping to get one for Christmas. Can't wait! Seems like the perfect tank for me. If it is, then the search for the perfect coil begins.
Seriously try the playboy coils, especially at the price (like $13) I was pleasantly surprised. So far I've used those Triton coils and the ijust 2 eleaf coils, the eleaf coil was just so so. So many options, alot of people swear by the super tank coils too, although I've never used them.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seriously try the playboy coils, especially at the price (like $13) I was pleasantly surprised. So far I've used those Triton coils and the ijust 2 eleaf coils, the eleaf coil was just so so. So many options, alot of people swear by the super tank coils too, although I've never used them.
Yeah at that price, they're definitely worth a try. I'm really curious to hear more review on the vaporesso ccells. Not a terrible price and if the work as advertised, should last long.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Correction, they are $18 per 5.

If they can be dry burned clean like readyXwick, they will last a long time and be a great value.

Last edited:

rich204

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd like to add that the amigo coils are the best by far since they use a nickel mesh with the cotton. I also found that the Komodo coils look the same but the only difference that I saw was the 24k gold pin. Other than that I've never tried the Komodo coils, on Fasttech their cheaper then the Amigos.

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd like to add that the amigo coils are the best by far since they use a nickel mesh with the cotton. I also found that the Komodo coils look the same but the only difference that I saw was the 24k gold pin. Other than that I've never tried the Komodo coils, on Fasttech their cheaper then the Amigos.
I can't find much detailed information or reviews on the Amigo coils, other than several different places to purchase them. The price is right. Do you have any links or any more you can tell us from your experience?

vwfan79

Member For 4 Years
Just looking at those coils why not spend an extra couple bucks on sweet-vapes and buy the aspire coils. The aspire coils have much bigger juice holes and look like a much nicer coil.

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, sorry I wasn't clear, Rich. I found all the technical specifications and plenty of places to purchase them just fine. I just can't find any references to, or opinions on, how they perform as compared to other coils.

rich204

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just looking at those coils why not spend an extra couple bucks on sweet-vapes and buy the aspire coils. The aspire coils have much bigger juice holes and look like a much nicer coil.
I've been on the hunt for which coils have the best performance in flavor and vapor and coil lifespan.

Aspire Atlantis v2 0.3ohm (70w-80w) are the best!

I've tried Melo2 0.5ohm (30w-100w), & ijust2 0.3ohm (30w-80w) and 0.5ohm (30w-100w) and they taste like crap or just had bad batches.

Maganus 0.25 (20w-100w) and Starre 0.25 (20w-100w) are great with the parallel coils and were my favorite but now its in my 2nd best lineup.

Amigo 0.5ohm (15w-50w) is single coil and I think they're a better alternative to the v1 Atlantis coils.

Amigo 0.3ohm (15w-90w) Parallel. right now is in 1st place.

My next coils to buy and try are the Komodo. The 0.5ohm (20w-100w) is a single coil and the 0.7ohm (30w-160w) is parallel and has the same mesh that the Amigo coils use but Komodo is the only one that uses 24k Gold plating center pin.

I'll keep you guys posted and also guys please share if you done other comparisons with other coils and what are your top 5 coils. FYI the tanks I've used to test the coils were the Freemax Starre v1 and EHpro Morph. I'm looking at finding the right tank too so please share.

rich204

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I msgd a reviewer on youtube and he confirmed that the komodo coils are promising regarding the wattage capabilities. The reviewer said the Amigo is the better version between the 2 super coils. I'm going to order the 0.3 coils Amigo coils.

KOMODO REVIEWER:

AMIGO RIPTIDE/DONNER:

http://vaping360.com/amigo-riptide-sub-ohm-tank-review/

whitewidow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Are there any good Stainless Steel coils out that work in these tanks? Also can they be moved from a temp control to a mech-mod with no issues if the ohms are in the desired range?

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are there any good Stainless Steel coils out that work in these tanks? Also can they be moved from a temp control to a mech-mod with no issues if the ohms are in the desired range?
There are several. The Triton SS coils comes to mind. I have a couple, but I haven't got around to trying them yet. And yes you should be able to use them on a non-TC mods. I think they are 0.4 ohm coils, IIRC.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Any recommendations on the "Best" Atlantis style build deck?

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK quick update on the playboy coils, they work well but don't last very long at all. Got way longer coil life out of the Triton coils I used, rip trippers actually kinda said the same thing in his review of the vixen mini, even tho he's still rip.

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I finally got a pack of the .9 ohm Ccell ceramic coils in. I put one in the Triton and the flavor is great. I'll see how long it lasts and let y'all know.

vwfan79

Member For 4 Years
So I have a super tank mini, well 3 of them actually, 1 has a triton ss coil and the other 2 I'm using the .2 coil that came in it. The air flow through the triton coil is 100 fold of that of the original coils.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I have a super tank mini, well 3 of them actually, 1 has a triton ss coil and the other 2 I'm using the .2 coil that came in it. The air flow through the triton coil is 100 fold of that of the original coils.
I just got the Tritoon .4 SS coils. I have one in my Thunderstorm and the airflow is crazy. Huge clouds, great flavor!

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Please do not take this in any manner as an endorsement of Fasttech, but submitted for your consideration:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3773000

If they send you the correct, and undamaged product, and it arrives sometime priour to your tank turning to dust, it might be for you. I'm going to order one. By the time the correct product arrives if ever, I'll pop back in, and any of you that are still with us, or not suffering from senile dementia in an old home, I'll share my thoughts about it. Unless I predecease you.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Please do not take this in any manner as an endorsement of Fasttech, but submitted for your consideration:

If they send you the correct, and undamaged product, and it arrives sometime priour to your tank turning to dust, it might be for you. I'm going to order one. By the time the correct product arrives if ever, I'll pop back in, and any of you that are still with us, or not suffering from senile dementia in an old home, I'll share my thoughts about it. Unless I predecease you.
I use these just remember to pull your wick up before unscrewing and before screwing it back together. I also open the wick holes a lot to increase the flavor and vape. Be sure all is good and tight.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I bought one of these for $10 a while back through Ebay. It's a pain to build on and I never fiddled with it enough to figure out how to stop it from leaking. Tasted good though before it would leak. Might need to revisit.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for that, what diameter do you drill them out to?
I would say from the looks 4 to 4.5 mil. I don't run the wick through it I keep it all on the inside up against the holes. About the largest coil would be 2.5 I use a 2. If you get the cotton right (fluffly) but up against holes it will do very well. Also it is great flavor. Sweet vapes has some for the melo2 that are great also but I carved out the holes to 4.5 mil on the upper side. They sell for under 4.00 ea. Both can be used for Temp.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The new Gclapton OVC coils fit these atomizers as well.

http://atomvapes.com/g_clapton

Prepare to spend a small fortune to try them though.

I heard they make little difference that may not make them worth spending that kind of cash on 4 coils.

I am very interested in seeing how the Vaporesso cCELL Ceramic Coils perform

They can now be found on eBay from a new Mexico vendor for $16.95
Search for "Vaporesso Coils cCELL Ceramic" on eBay to find them.

If anyone has tried these coils in an Atlantis please let me know how they are.

Thanks. :)

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I heard they make little difference that may not make them worth spending that kind of cash on 4 coils.

I guess 2cents of gold plating makes them worth it. They off my list no support from me ever. Talk about gouging.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have seen a few people talk about the cCell's at VU and they reported very good flavor. From memory one person said they were about a week into the coil and still good, the other said only a couple days.

They are on my list to try, on my last triton coil so time is coming soon :)

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I got to use the cCell in the Triton for a couple days before my wife picked it up and tried it. Now, I only get to see it in passing. I think it's been about 12 days and I haven't heard any complaints from her yet...and, trust me, she has no qualms about complaining. We both vape at relatively modest wattages though, so that could make a significant difference in coil lifespan. I'll check back in when I start hearing the whine.

BTW, I got her a pink TopBox Nano starter kit with a Kangertech .5 ohm Clapton coil for her Birthday (Jan. 9th). She really likes it, but she uses it as a backup for the Triton with the cCell, if that tells you anything.

Last edited:

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have seen a few people talk about the cCell's at VU and they reported very good flavor. From memory one person said they were about a week into the coil and still good, the other said only a couple days.

They are on my list to try, on my last triton coil so time is coming soon :)
Just glad I build mine cause that pricing is nuts.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's $16 for a 4 or 5 pack I think. That's not too bad if they last a while I guess.

Not as cheap as a spool of wire and a stash of your favorite wick material though :D

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's $16 for a 4 or 5 pack I think. That's not too bad if they last a while I guess.

Not as cheap as a spool of wire and a stash of your favorite wick material though :D
The price it shows is 21.99 for 4

VU Sponsors