Become a Patron!

aspire Atlantis coils and wattage

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am using aspire Atlantis 0.3 kanthal on my Pico and I noticed that it says 70 to 80 watts right on the coil.

My local vape shop said to stay below 4 volts to conserve coil life because I was going through my other coils in a day. However 70 watts would put me over 4 volts.

Should I stay below 4 volts or should I do 70~ watts like it says on the coils?

Thanx!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The lower the wattage the longer your coils will last, but those coil heads should be fine at 70W.
If you're going through a head a day at 70W there must be something else wrong.

The possible things I can think of are that your juice is too thick so the tank can't keep up or that the airflow is closed too much.

There is no rule for voltage limit as this depends on the resistance of the coil, what I suggest is that you deal with wattage and let the mod worry about voltage.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The lower the wattage the longer your coils will last, but those coil heads should be fine at 70W.
If you're going through a head a day at 70W there must be something else wrong.

The possible things I can think of are that your juice is too thick so the tank can't keep up or that the airflow is closed too much.

There is no rule for voltage limit as this depends on the resistance of the coil, what I suggest is that you deal with wattage and let the mod worry about voltage.

Thank you, nightshard! That's what I will do. :)

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The lower the wattage the longer your coils will last
I find mine gunk up quicker under-powering them 4.20V-5V is where I vape mine and I get at least 30mls out of my coils and usually closer to 60ml

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I find mine gunk up quicker under-powering them 4.20V-5V is where I vape mine and I get at least 30mls out of my coils and usually closer to 60ml

Thanx Rabbit Slayer. I had a similar thought about powering up to avoid gunked up coils.

VU Sponsors