Become a Patron!

aspire atlantis on istick 30w

so i just upgraded to a istick 30w with the aspire atlantis today and i am getting alot of spit back on all settings from 20w to 30w and tried the extra coil it came with and it does the same i have tried everything and it still does it.. ive tried quick sharp burst and long slow and i get more on long slow but still get quite a bit on short sharp burst. i am pretty upset because i was expecting to have a pretty smooth setup for daily us at work and at home. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Try blowing into the tank and getting the excess juice out of your air holes.. gets some papertowel. if it keeps happening, your head might not be on tight enough.

Try blowing into the tank and getting the excess juice out of your air holes.. gets some papertowel. if it keeps happening, your head might not be on tight enough.
ive tryed that and it works for like the first couple of hits the i start to get blow back. im about ot just say screw it and take it back for an exchange tomorrow. but i love the clouds that i get from it but hate the spitback of juice i get.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 6 atlantis tanks. of the 12 coils i got from those 6 boxes, half of them sucked. Bought a new pack of fresh oils, a viola no problemo

I have 6 atlantis tanks. of the 12 coils i got from those 6 boxes, half of them sucked. Bought a new pack of fresh oils, a viola no problemo
okay well i am gojng back to the shop tomorrow and seeing what they can do about it because i was told that the atlantis would b a great tank for the istick 30w and from what i can tell it sucks on 30w. might be great if it was on something of like 40w to 45w but im not trying to dick around with this thing forever. i just want a smooth setup that i can use daily with decent clouds and good taste. i love the feel of the i stick and want to stay with that i just feel need a different tank for it to work properly

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When you blow into the tank make sure it's upside down or you're going to just flood it causing more spit back....another thing you can try is taking a q-tip and wiping out the center post to make sure there is no juice in there and just very lightly touch the qtip to the top of the coil head in the center to take any unvaporized juice off the top of that mesh screen on it that is supposed to help keep that from happening...sometimes you'll get a build up of liquid on top of that and as the juice closest to the coil vaporizes you can get that "spit back" problem from juice only partially vaporizing because of it. Sorry you're having problems with it...I have a Melo tank which is just the eLeaf version of the Atlantis (Aspire and Eleaf are owned by the same company,) and I get a spit back once in awhile from it but I only run the .5 ohm heads I have around 24 watts....despite the little bit of spit back I get I love the little guy and think it's a great vape...I wish you the best of luck :)

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
of course jnash, we all want that...try to think positively. The tank is great, my chick roommate loves her, there is just something wrong on. Don't get all bummed out and feelin sorry for yourself and start blaming stores and what not. Just let them fix it and move on.

I used atlantis on a 20w and it worked just fine. The 30w works great as well. I have three of these setups...no bitching on my end..

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I couldn't run either of the coils that came with my Atlantis 2 under about 50 watts! Maybe, though, you have an Atlantis 1?

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had the same setup. I really like my Atlantis V2, though found the istick 30 could not hang with it. The .3 coils need 45w to fire correctly, the .5 will work well at 30w, but with that being the upper limit of the istick 30 the voltage drop is horrendous. Don't give up on the Atlantis, it can give you what you want, a different mod would be the way to go. I pair mine with an istick 50 now and it is solid. Any 50w will do though.

I have the project sub-ohm rba head in mine now though and won't be going back to the aspire coils.

I had the same setup. I really like my Atlantis V2, though found the istick 30 could not hang with it. The .3 coils need 45w to fire correctly, the .5 will work well at 30w, but with that being the upper limit of the istick 30 the voltage drop is horrendous. Don't give up on the Atlantis, it can give you what you want, a different mod would be the way to go. I pair mine with an istick 50 now and it is solid. Any 50w will do though.

I have the project sub-ohm rba head in mine now though and won't be going back to the aspire coils.
it is the Atlantis 1. So I went back to the shop today and got a new coil and did everything like I'm suppose to and it worked good for the first 30 mins. But then it started to spit again. I have tried it on every opening and every wattage from 20 to 30. Works best wide open on 30w but will still spit some. I'm thinking about going back tomorrow and getting the 50w. If I pair it with the 50w what wattage does it work best on

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
it is the Atlantis 1. So I went back to the shop today and got a new coil and did everything like I'm suppose to and it worked good for the first 30 mins. But then it started to spit again. I have tried it on every opening and every wattage from 20 to 30. Works best wide open on 30w but will still spit some. I'm thinking about going back tomorrow and getting the 50w. If I pair it with the 50w what wattage does it work best on
That depends on the coil. Are you using .3 or .5?

.3 work best between 45.7 (3.7v) and 50, up to about 60w on a more powerful mod
.5 work best between 30-35.

Also what is the PG\VG ratio of the liquid you are using? The higher the VG the higher the wattage needs to be for a BVC to vaporize it and not gum up.

If you are running .3 coils go for a mod that can do 60+, especially if you are vaping high VG liquid.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Then a 50w device is adequate. The 80/20 will require higher wattage to not gum up. After breaking the coil in you will want to run between 4-4.2v. I vaped a 90/10 in mine often before I went to the rba head by Project Sub-Ohm. And needed 4.2v to make the coil last more than a couple days. With the 50/50 liquid you will probably want to be in the 3.7-3.8 range to avoid excessive "popping", which will create tongue splatter.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been using my Eleaf Melo tank all day (Eleaf version of the Atlantis one, basically the same tank with cheaper metal, they use the same exact coils,) and a .5 ohm coil with a 50/50 liquid on my VS DNA 30 all day and let it bounce around in my pocket and vape it and see how it vapes to see if I could give you some better advice and help....and here's the results of my one day study...

First off...always look for pocket lint in your drip tip before you vape :) Secondly....I noticed as it bounced around in my pocket, sometimes it would be right side up, sometimes on it's side, sometimes upside down I noticed the following things... (also, I use my airflow all the way open,) A little juice seems to run down the center stem if it's not right side up all the time, that means the coil is oversaturated and when it runs back down or stays in the center shaft as I am about to vape it since it's on top of the coil assembly that liquid won't be fully vaporized and I get just a tiny bit of spitback for like a second and then it stops. 24.5 watts seemed to be about the sweet spot with the coil I currently have installed but since no two coils are exactly identical I may have to adjust it a bit for the next one. Also, I noticed after a couple drags and the coils wicking had dried out a bit that the spitting stopped until I bounced it around in my pocket again and let a little liquid run up the top of the coil and repeat the cycle again.

Try firing it for just a half a second before you start taking a drag off of it, i mean just a half second...just long enough for the coil to "spit" that little bit of juice on the top that didn't get hot enough to vaporize and resettle and then take your first drag. more than a second and you start to heat your coil up too much from lack of airflow and can singe it if you're not careful. Then try and take a second and third drag right after the first and see if the spitting problem goes away by the third drag...if it does your coil is simply just over saturated....basically it's the exact opposite of what happens to cause a dry hit or dry burn...your coil has more liquid than it can handle and you just have to vape it up and balance it out :)

I agree spitback can be annoying, but my tank spits so little when it does that I barely notice it except for maybe once a day when I get a big drop but any clearo can spit like that...it's not something exclusive to the Atlantis by any means. Just try that and see if it stops and then we can go from there to see if we can balance out your tank so it wicks right and keeps it from happening again.

Also, check your o-rings and your seals around your tank...sometimes an upside down or torn or lack of an oring or seal can cause the pressure in the tank to be out of balance and when heat is applied to the coil it creates a further imbalance flooding the coil...especially if you're going between drastic temperature changes from a well air conditioned inside place to a hot as hell outside place....sudden change in outer air pressure and temp can cause your tank to flood as well....

I know it's a lot to think of but I have a feeling your wicking issue is a combination of one or two of these things and can easily be fixed when we get to the bottom of it :)

VU Sponsors