Become a Patron!

Aspire atlantis v2 cleaning help

Hey guys! I finally got over my goofy taste issues, but of course now I have a new problem. How in the hell do I clean behind the adjustable airflow holes? (See pic). It is way nasty and funky in there and my OCD can't handle it. I'm a little nervous to start trying to take it apart without some sound advice. Thanks in advance!
71e65517ebcb6e64ff87cf9cd62d3c6b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

You can tear it all down and wash with dish soap and a Q-tip. As long as you don't drop the Pyrex you won't hurt anything. Btw, those coils are rebuildable if you know how to wrap coils. If not, you can YouTube it.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
You can tear it all down and wash with dish soap and a Q-tip. As long as you don't drop the Pyrex you won't hurt anything. Btw, those coils are rebuildable if you know how to wrap coils. If not, you can YouTube it.

I think the OP's question isn't IF you can tear it down, but HOW. Since I don't own one, I can't be of help.

Yes, I know how to take the tank apart get the glass out etc. My question is how to clean behind the part that spins to adjust the airflow. I don't see an obvious way to get under the airflow holes and get the gunk out.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I know how to take the tank apart get the glass out etc. My question is how to clean behind the part that spins to adjust the airflow. I don't see an obvious way to get under the airflow holes and get the gunk out.

You can't without destroying the air control ring...that said, take the base off the tank, unscrew the coil and rinse the base hardware under hot tap water, blow out excess water and rinse again..
Repeat blowing out excess water final time, reassemble, reprime the coil, fill your tank and install the base back on the unit...hope this helps

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Thanks! I wasn't sure if it was safe to get that wet. I do not have a backup at this point.

My bad, I should have elaborated for you so there wouldn't be any confusion. Unscrew the base and separate the Pyrex tube. If it's tight in the upper portion just gently wiggle it while pulling the glass away. The base is pressed SS metal so it won't rust, fall apart or get damaged. Just remove the replaceable rubber seal on the bottom and soak in Dawn or some kind of gentle soap. I use a thin q-tip that fits in the slot easily with dish washing soap. If your Atlantis is leaking on the bottom at the contact pin where it connects to your 510 connection you can take a small screwdriver or something blunt & small and go in through where the coil screws on and push the center contact pin out. There's a white seal that's replaceable along with the contact pin on Aspire's web site for like a dollar. After I wash my parts, I take compress air and lightly blow everything dry. Hope that helps you. Btw, if you like the Atlantis v2 you would love the Smok TCT and/or Smok TFV4. They both put out way more vapor and flavor plus you can get cheaper with coupon. Picture shows your v2 apart on left,Atlantis v1 in middle, Triton on right. In the back are the 2 Smok tanks.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Exactly. Thank you :)

You're welcome!

I bought a ultrasonic cleaner (with build in heater), for two reasons. One, I can clean all my Toppers with it, especially new ones with left over machine oil. Two, I can speed up the steeping of my (DIY) eJuice.

VU Sponsors