Become a Patron!

Aspire CF Mod vs. Aspire CF SubOhm. Which one? Got 10. HELP!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The SubOhm is $45 on sale which is a 2,000mah battery charged by ego usb.
The CF Mod takes an 18650 and voltage can be regulated at the bottom but is only $34.99. I don't get it.

Any experience with these? I have 10. I'm freaking out thinking I should return/trade for the CF Mod. They both SubOhm.

What's the difference other than the Sub only being 2,000mah and rechargable?

I need to know as soon as possible. I called Aspire and they only do sales. They referred me uvaper.com who would be able to help me or exchange them.

HELP!

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When the 2000 mAh battery will no longer hold a charge (around 300 cycles... about 1 year of typical use), the device is a paperweight, and not a very good one, unless you want to attempt dismantling it and soldering a new battery.

Externals can be removed, charged, and installed at will.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
CF Mod requires not only the 18650 battery but also a charger.
Other than that they seem to be the same.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
CF Mod requires not only the 18650 battery but also a charger.
Other than that they seem to be the same.

Thanks for your reply, Paratech. I've heard a lot of great things about the CF Sub, but it's just a 2,000 battery...for subohm? That's why I questioned the 18650 in the CF. I have the charger in DC and solar usb if needed. I was just comparing ramp time, battery life, etc. It hits hard and can chuck some wicked clouds. No passthrough. There's got to be something more to the Sub at $45 vs. the CF Mod only at $34.99. Hmmm. Think I'll keep them. Will need to get more ego chargers though.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Subohming you will empty (2) 2500 mah in 2 to 4 hours of you rarely Vape you might get (6) to (8) hours......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The subΩ shouldn't cost that much, that's what I paid over a year ago and it came with an Atlantis tank....

http://www.vaporauthority.com/products/genuine-aspire-cf-sub-ohm-battery $32

and it lasts around 6 1/2 - 8 hours on a charge
But unless you hate box mods I wouldn't recommend one...you can get that newer 5000mAh istick for around $35
I bought a 200 watt (3) cell eleaf for $34.00 on eBay it can easily handle a 30mm atty and with (3) LG hb2 3000mah you can Subohm your ass dizzy all day long.......
IMAG1661_1.jpg

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could be mistaken here but I think the concept is all about form factor/size.
While a stick/pen style is extremely small and fits anywhere, out larger 2/3 battery mods don't always conceal so well.
Some of them don't even fit in a pocket.
For me, I couldn't care less about the convenience as long as I get my vape on I'm good.
However some don't like to carry larger/heavier setups around.
I'd rather have to bring a suitcase if needed just to ensure I'm not going to run out of vape capability.
But that's just me.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could be mistaken here but I think the concept is all about form factor/size.
While a stick/pen style is extremely small and fits anywhere, out larger 2/3 battery mods don't always conceal so well.
Some of them don't even fit in a pocket.
For me, I couldn't care less about the convenience as long as I get my vape on I'm good.
However some don't like to carry larger/heavier setups around.
I'd rather have to bring a suitcase if needed just to ensure I'm not going to run out of vape capability.
But that's just me.
The person can continue sucking on a stick if it's their preference...... I myself and others are just giving options about mods, cost, and our experiences..... So any questions simply ask and everyone here on VU will always be glad to help.......

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
CFs they still sell those?
Oh 45$ is way too expensive.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yeah. The price difference is confusing considering the regular CF Mod takes an 18650 while the Sub is only a battery. Don't understand what the deal is with that.

VU Sponsors