Aspire Cleito Exo, A DeucesJack Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
73100d7ea7c03e17b8a08c92debe9ea7.jpg

Full Disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This tank was sent to me directly from Aspire specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this tank a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Packaging is kind of weird. It's a long plastic box. Nice finish. I like the bronze look. I have the perfect mod in mind for this tank. It has a brushed bronze look to it. Mostly metal tank with a plastic looking sight glass.

What’s In The box:

* Cleito Exo with .16 coil installed
* Spare o’rings
* Spare drip tip
* Standard Cleito .4 ohm coil
* Warranty card
e63ab74c476c234dc3557790c25e10ab.jpg

On the backside of the paper cover that goes over the contents of the package there is an expanded breakdown of the tank.

From Top To Bottom:

The drip tip is female. Now if you have been following my reviews you know how I feel about that. I like Goon style and traditional 510 drip tips. However, I will give Aspire a pass on this one which I will get into later on in the review. The good news is the drip tip is comfortable and at the height that I like. The drip tip is held snugly in place with one beefy fat oring.
7e974dfc30add40e185ce7267f0cce35.jpg

The top cap of course has that huge male drip tip connection built into it. There is some really good knurling on the side with a thick oring on the inside to keep your juice in place. The top basically screws straight into the coil. Hence, the reason for the male connection on the top cap. Between the male connection and the top of the coil they basically come together to form a short quasi chimney.

The tank itself is made mostly of metal. There is a sight glass so you can check the level of your juice bit it is kind of dark and you really have to look to see your juice level. I would have preferred if it were clear. There is also some Aspire branding on the glass that I could have done without. I mean you have this whole big tank to put some elegant branding on. Did you have to pick the one spot on the tank that I need an unfettered view of? Next to the top of the sight glass you have dual non adjustable airflow slots. This tank has a double walled design and it is top airflow only. The interior of the tank is plastic and I am not sure how it will do with citrus or tank cracker juices.

I wish the airflow was adjustable. Don’t get me wrong the airflow is very smooth and it does work but I really like having the option of adjusting it myself. It is definitely a loose draw, no MTL here. While it's not adjustable I do like the airflow and it just happens to be right up my alley but I know that everybody vapes differently so this type of airflow may not be for everyone.

Inside the base there is a ring with three legs on it and a bog o'ring around the ring itself. Below that is another o'ring around the base. The base does not screw into the tank sleeve. It just kind of pops in albeit very securely. There is no knurling on the metal part of the base and that probably would have been a welcome edition. The threading on the 510 is smooth and the pin is gold plated.
e2d7c07544ac74a8ede0c2744e01adb5.jpg
edf63c66a5f5e9205615e3f9aec29209.jpg

The Coils:

The .16 Ohm 2ml TPD coil:
098be81313575382dac87070184c3e7d.jpg

This coil and tank setup reminds me of a barely street legal muscle car. You know the type, all engine, a roll cage and a few cages. Those cars are not built for handling or top end. They have one function and that is to complete the quarter mile. The Cleito Exo is an all engine tank. The biggest part of the tank is the coil. No chimney because it's built into the coil. No leather seats or fancy navigation systems, or computerized systems, just pure coil and a airflow. Just like a muscle car. This Exo coil is made to vape between 60 and 100 watts. That's exactly what it does and it does it well. It’s not a TFV12 or an Eco 12, those tanks are for cloud chuckers that put flavor secondary. Instead this coil is a very nice compromise of flavor and clouds. It rips up to 100 watts. 100 watts is its quarter mile. The one downside to using this coil is the capacity. Only holding 2mls of liquid you will be filling this tank frequently so make sure you bring your chubby gorrilla. The upside to this coil is it's made of SS 316 so you can use it in TC mode. This coil is also one big son of a gun. You will understand why you only get a 2ml capacity once you actually hold this coil in your hand.

The .4 ohm Standard Version Coil:
4264f92d0de872f0405e46834edc67ba.jpg

This coil is good from 40-60 watts. Its got a tighter range but it is very flavorful. I enjoy it more than the .16 coil. I think the airflow is smoother and the flavor is better. It’s also just geared more towards my style of vaping. The advantage to using this coil is you will use less juice and you get more capacity. With this coil you get a 3.5ml capacity.
703c4189ddd548213abc43993c146674.jpg

RBA Head:

There is an RBA head available as a separate purchase. I truly hate when companies do this and I will always list it as a con. If Aspire or any other tank company is reading this then you need to know that if you make an RBA section it needs to be included in the purchase. Charge $5 more, I don’t care but most vapers want the RBA section. The section was not sent to me for review so I can not comment on how it works.

But Deuces, How Does She Vape:

From 60-100 watts this tank vapes great. Use the bigger coil and this thing just rips. The vape is flavorful and cloudy but not that ridiculous cloudy that impedes on flavor. I like the fact that I can run the big boy coil in TC. While the bigger coil chucks more clouds I do like the traditional Cleito coil better. Right now I have it on my Grey Ostrich Therion at 92 watts with the .16 coil in TC and I get a dense, flavorful, moist vape. The airflow is smooth and just the way I like it but that's just me it may not be for everyone. Overall I get a very flavorful satisfying vape.

Conclusion:

This tank is for those mid level vapers that place a premium on flavor over clouds. That’s not to say this tank doesn't chuck clouds because it does. They just take a back seat to the flavor. I think that has a lot more to do with the actual coil than the tank itself. It’s versatile enough so even if you don’t like vaping above 100 watts you can opt for the .4 coil and still achieve a more than satisfying, flavorful vape.

Basically if you are the sort of vaper that falls into the 60-100 watt range. If you like a fairly loose direct lung hit and airflow adjustability is not an issue than you should give the Exo a look. It’s leak proof and it does exactly what it was designed to do, run the quarter mile.

If you found this review helpful please feel free to leave a comment, give it a like, and give me a follow. If you are a Vendor and would like a DeucesJack Review please PM me on this forum.

Pros and Cons:

- Pros:

* Flavor
* Clouds
* Finish
* Leak proof design
* Easy to disassemble
* Not too many parts
* Good coil choices
*;Smooth airflow
*;Mostly metal tank
* Heavy o'rings
* Simple design

- Cons:

* Sight glass needs to be clearer with no branding
* Airflow not adjustable
* Female drip tip
* Capacity
* Inside of the tank is not glass
* No RBA included

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

- Specs:

* 23.5mm Diameter
* Full Length Coil Design
* Drip Tip to Coil Design
* Eliminates and Replaces Static Chimney
* Intense Flavor and Rapid Vapor Delivery
* Top Fill System
* 3.5ml Max Tank Capacity
* 2.0ml With Cleito EXO Coil
* Threaded Top Cap
* Knurled
* Easier to Fill
* Full Gasket Seal
* Cleito Coil System
* Clapton Coil Structure
* Organic Cotton
* Large Triple Wicking Ports
- 0.4 ohm
- 40 to 60W
- 0.2 ohm
- 55 to 70W
* Cleito EXO Coil System
- Reduced Tank Capacity
- Clapton Coil Structure
- Organic Cotton
- Large Quadruple Wicking Ports
- 0.16 ohm
- 60 to 100W
* Dual Non Adjustable Top Airflow
* 20mm by 2mm Each
* Reduces to Four Smaller Slots at Base
* 304 Stainless Steel and PCTG Construction
* Food Grade Delrin Drip Tip
Proprietary
* 11mm Bore
* 24K Gold Plated 510 Connection

The Tank On Different Mods:

On The Lost Vape Therion:
4f79a169932ead7b395aaede102ec498.jpg

On The Innokin Coolfire Ultra:
a868d180f1a7b1ac5b4c3d1c001ab955.jpg

On The Asmodus Boost:
9a48c16445fc4864b7b15b689e22f12b.jpg

On The Lost Vape Triade:
0d974c1619a8c58d79f7a549cdd918bf.jpg

On The Smok Alien:
24abb17c9d19653c6989c325c73d4c83.jpg

On The Smok G150:
9f722650440a4a9e2d8e32876df2651d.jpg

On The Sx Mini G Class:
48f7716ec8329489bdbd463575dc6131.jpg

On The Smoant Battlestar:
478074eaa976711efd2f8bc57f624b84.jpg

On The Smok G150:
53b47d1ea95b6bb201802e667b0730b7.jpg

On The Ijoy Captain:
79608ff6d2b20eb6584806001145ca4a.jpg

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been eyeballin this tank as I have the original Cleito, only thing that is holding me back is the price point, not sure if I want to break down and get one, still on the fence with it.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been eyeballin this tank as I have the original Cleito, only thing that is holding me back is the price point, not sure if I want to break down and get one, still on the fence with it.
It vapes really well. I like the traditional Cleito coils in it. Love the bronze look but I really have nothing that matches it. It does look good on the Therion though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't like the original, it leaked pretty bad, I am willing to give this one a try, have a ton of spare coils sitting here.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I didn't like the original, it leaked pretty bad, I am willing to give this one a try, have a ton of spare coils sitting here.
This one will not leak one drop. Very dry tank.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok I'm confuzzled...
If the regular Clito coils are cross-compatible, then what exactly is the difference between a Clito and a Clito Exo tank?

Why not just try Exo coils in my ol' Clito? :rolleyes:
Gonna be honest. I don’t actually own an OG Cleito. From what I know of the differences they are as follows.

* Different airflow
* Airflow is not adjustable
* Tank design is simpler
* No leak design
* When using the Exo coil the tank is TPD compliant.

Those are the differences as far as I know.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for a cool review.

I'm not sure what TPD is. But the word compliant sends a chill down my spine. :)
Thx man, appreciate that. It's the new law in Europe where no tank is allowed to hold more than 2mls. Fucking stupid if you ask me.

VU Sponsors