Become a Patron!

Aspire Coils

CheekyV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone any thoughts on the Aspire Nautilus BDC coil versus the new Aspire BVC coil? Thinking of buying a Nautilus but not sure which coils to try. I love the BDC's but havent heard anything about the BVC's.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My quick take:

BVCs last longer, even with dark juices, and bring out the juice's flavor much better. But they burn through juice more quickly. I can empty a full Nautilus in a day with the BVC, but it will take me 1 1/12 - 2 days to do so with the BDC.

BDCs are fine with lighter colored juices, but you won't want to use dark juice until you're closer to the point of changing the coil head.

Last edited:

CheekyV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thankyou moecat, have bought the 1.8 dual coil, willl see how they go and if not then will try the new BVC.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i think bvc heads are merely carto tanks without the fiddling involved. i haven't tried them yet, but hear great things about them. if they are indeed like carto tanks, they should be good. :)

like you, i use the bdc's and they are way better than the single coils.

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I piffed all my natties in leu of the mega tanks....the bvc coils made me buy a new one...yeah...that good

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They are just now coming out with BVC coils for all Aspire atty's not just the Nautilus.

AyeJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The BVC coils were a game changer for me and my clearomizer experience.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
does anyone know if the bvc's are available for the non-nautilus clearos yet? and if so, where? thanks :)

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
does anyone know if the bvc's are available for the non-nautilus clearos yet? and if so, where? thanks :)
There's no sign of 'em at aspirecigonline.com, nor an announcement. My guess is if you happen across them on some place like Ebay, those would be for "pre order" only.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heard these were good so I ordered a reg and a mini and the better coils just to check them out.
Question..... I've had them a few days and will have to say they are a great improvement over Protanks and the like , but not on par with a Kayfun if you like. "The big hit"

My question is on the big nautilus I tend to run it dry ....often .

Do I need to just use the "next to the biggest air hole". Or just cover the air hole and pull juice in to the coil often

Thoughts ?

Also, what is everyone's favorite volt or watt setting for coils in the 1.8 to 1.9 range on these things ?

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Heard these were good so I ordered a reg and a mini and the better coils just to check them out.
Question..... I've had them a few days and will have to say they are a great improvement over Protanks and the like , but not on par with a Kayfun if you like. "The big hit"

Do I need to just use the "next to the biggest air hole". Or just cover the air hole and pull juice in to the coil often

Thoughts ?

Also, what is everyone's favorite volt or watt setting for coils in the 1.8 to 1.9 range on these things ?

Thanks all

1. Maybe try putting a few drops of juice into the coil before you start vaping. Also consider doing occasional dry pulls (i.e., without pressing the fire button) to make sure the coil is saturated.
2. For me personally, it can be anywhere from 9 watts up to 12, depending on the type of juice in the tank.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There's no sign of 'em at aspirecigonline.com, nor an announcement. My guess is if you happen across them on some place like Ebay, those would be for "pre order" only.

well crap, they might just force me to buy a couple mini naughtys. and if i do, then the coils will come out the next day. :p

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only prob I see with the BVC's is you cannot take it apart and rebuild I use the BVC when I am out and about but at home give me a dual coil carto at 5volts that's flavor

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Thoughts ?

Thanks all

I ordered the 1.8 BVC's and put it in my full size Nautilus,I can tell a difference in the flavor so far.I use the second hole from the smallest,and never have a problem with a dry hit.Right now I have it on a Hana set at 12.2 watts and it suits me fine,slightly warm vape and great flavor.I tried it on 20 watts for shits and giggles and it was way to hot for me.

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered the 1.8 BVC's and put it in my full size Nautilus,I can tell a difference in the flavor so far.I use the second hole from the smallest,and never have a problem with a dry hit.Right now I have it on a Hana set at 12.2 watts and it suits me fine,slightly warm vape and great flavor.I tried it on 20 watts for shits and giggles and it was way to hot for me.

Difference for the better I take it? I'm planning on getting a naut, just don't know if I want the mini or the big, leaning towards mini. Using the BVCs either way.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the mini, but it holds so little juice I ordered a big one and will put the bvc coils in that one also! It may be that I chain vape and suck up that juice like mad - but at less than 3mls, it doesn't last me long!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Difference for the better I take it? I'm planning on getting a naut, just don't know if I want the mini or the big, leaning towards mini. Using the BVCs either way.
It does not matter both the mini and original Nautilus work great with theBVC make sure when you get the Nautilus it's new stock as the originals have the BDC :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as I know, to date only the minis come with the BVC. If you get the big one you'll have to buy the BVC coils and replace the stock coil.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As far as I know, to date only the minis come with the BVC. If you get the big one you'll have to buy the BVC coils and replace the stock coil.
Ahh whoops I made the assumption they switched duhh. Yeah me had to buy the BVC's for the big naut :)

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yes, for the better! I have the full size Nautilus,may get the mini one day.I like the juice capacity of the bigger one right now,it will usually last me all day without having to refill.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Last I heard, the new stock of Big Boys WILL come with BVCs, but I'm not sure if they've begun shipping them yet.

I have the mesh sleeve on mine, and the tank that comes with it is a bit smaller. 3ml, as far as I can tell...and I go through two of them a day with the BVCs.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks Brutus :cool:

I'm LOVING the new coils. Most fun you can have with your pants on; outside of a rebuildable lol

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cracks me up looking at pictures of things online and then when you seem them in real life, they're tiny. Just got a box of BVCs, was expecting the box to be a few times larger. :)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are convenient, they don't leak and they vape pretty well.

Thumbs up for a non rebuildable disposable

BrutusGM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Only prob I see with the BVC's is you cannot take it apart and rebuild I use the BVC when I am out and about but at home give me a dual coil carto at 5volts that's flavor

Rip Trippers put out a vid on rebuilding the Nautilus BVC See below:

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rip Trippers put out a vid on rebuilding the Nautilus BVC See below:
Watched the video, seems like a lot of work to get about the same performance of a 2 dollar head. So far, I have had good success with cleaning them. Have not bottomed out on how. Dropping them in 30 ml bottle with 90% rubbing alcohol, capping and shaking, and soaking, has been OK. In a 30 ml bottle again, with water, and then into an ultrasonic cleaner, OK too.

Pooring boiling water down the middle while holding the coil with tongs, seems to be good too.

Letting them fully dry out seems to be the key, I tried to vape off a damp one, just water, and just adding in the juice, wait 5 minutes and then vaped... and it burnt the wick fast. Once burned, the wick is forever toast.

PT Rampy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pull the bottom pin, insulator and coils out, drill a 3mm hole all the way through the cartridge using any 2 opposite existing holes as guides, wrap what ever ohm coil you want and wick through the cartridge and coils. Then when the coil gets too gooped up to use just pull the wick out, dry burn, rewick and go.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Authentic Nautilus BVC replacement heads and the mini Nautilus are on fasttech, but not necessarily for long as their original Nautilus and heads disappeared overnight - but it might've just been to make way for the bvc. idk

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hate to ask this, but how do we know they're authentic?

I have a couple of packages in my cart now.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yea, but the clones are out also. People were concerned about the wicking material in the authentic Eigate bvc's, can you imagine what's inside these clones??? Scary. The clone companies buy the shells from Eigate, so on the outside they look real, but who knows what is stuffed in the inside.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Watched the video, seems like a lot of work to get about the same performance of a 2 dollar head. So far, I have had good success with cleaning them. Have not bottomed out on how. Dropping them in 30 ml bottle with 90% rubbing alcohol, capping and shaking, and soaking, has been OK. In a 30 ml bottle again, with water, and then into an ultrasonic cleaner, OK too.

Pooring boiling water down the middle while holding the coil with tongs, seems to be good too.

Letting them fully dry out seems to be the key, I tried to vape off a damp one, just water, and just adding in the juice, wait 5 minutes and then vaped... and it burnt the wick fast. Once burned, the wick is forever toast.
good idea putting them in a jeweler cleaner, do use water, or the cleaning solution?

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea, but the clones are out also. People were concerned about the wicking material in the authentic Eigate bvc's, can you imagine what's inside these clones??? Scary. The clone companies buy the shells from Eigate, so on the outside they look real, but who knows what is stuffed in the inside.
that and the fact that the ceramic mat'l is specific to eigate i wouldnt be so quick to laud fasttech for authentic anything when it comes to the nautilus, the mini, or the vertical ceramic coils

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
check the serial number @ aspirecig.com

Yup, after you've already spent the money on them.

I just don't think I trust Fasttech to sell authentic anything. Factory seconds, maybe.

I don't know. I may take a chance even though I just bought a pack directly from Aspire yesterday.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yup, after you've already spent the money on them.

I just don't think I trust Fasttech to sell authentic anything. Factory seconds, maybe.

I don't know. I may take a chance even though I just bought a pack directly from Aspire yesterday.
right, if you don't mind me asking, how much was the shipping from aspire?

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
right, if you don't mind me asking, how much was the shipping from aspire?

$7.32, but I also bought a Nautilus bottom with the mesh cage.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
good idea putting them in a jeweler cleaner, do use water, or the cleaning solution?
I really am still trying to figure out the best way to clean. I don't have one settled out way.
Somebody simply suggested boiling. I have boiled water in pyrex microwave, then drop coil in and swirl around.
In the ultra sonic, fill up a 30 mil bottle with 90% rubbing alcohol (safeway sells 99% I need to buy that), and run it in the basket, in the bottle.
I did the same as above with water, and ended up rusting it some because I left it that way for a week, in the water.

I would never use cleaning solutions in the ultrasonic.....and putting them inside a 30ml bottle I completely control any residues.

My best guess is a hard boil over the stove for 20 minutes. (as others say boiling works perfect)
Or the alcohol only. either shaking by hand in the bottle, ultrasonic.

I may just keep them wet the entire time, and run them. Many people report 3 weeks that way.

One trick I think, is cover the air hole with finger, and draw with air blocked. Often you will get a bubble stream, and the draw remains not gurgled. So you are just soaking the wick up more. Doing this regularly seems like a good idea so far.

Still experimenting.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hate to ask this, but how do we know they're authentic?

I have a couple of packages in my cart now.

I was sent a clone, from a large vendor, no way they thought it was a clone. They fully refunded, did not ask for it back.
The glass was not as good, but worked, the threads were not as high grade. Dropped it while cleaning, so its toast.

The box of the tank is slightly different. Its not the same. If you look at the back, the text color is faint. Pull it back from eyes and you can not read the text. The real is more clear and you can see it at a distance. On the back the Fonts are different in the Word Nautilus. The fake has a very thin N. It should be the same width of the U. There are some other differences. All of which could be easily solved.

Inside the box of the clone has a furry black felt like holder. The original is pressed cardboard with Aspire in the middle.

At first Fastech had the clone, for clone price, and cloned BDC included. The boxed version I got from the vendor, had cloned BVC heads.

I have not played much with the cloned heads yet, other than the easy way I could tell, is the top metal mesh, is not very tight. More like a screen door. Bigger holes in the clone mesh of the coil. You can easily see it vs the original that came in the tank.

All these things can change. But for the real coils. In a box.
They do have a verification number
They do have a UPC sticker, with a name of the item below the bar code.
The box has lines on it, if your run your finger nail over them, it clearly has ridges, like a printing of a a dollar, in the faces.
The Aspire words are embossed also, you can feel them stick out.

Last edited:

Zombiewoof

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cracks me up looking at pictures of things online and then when you seem them in real life, they're tiny. Just got a box of BVCs, was expecting the box to be a few times larger. :)
NO Man, They're GIGANTIC!! Your just not looking at them right...:D

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How long do these coils last. I was thinking of getting one.

@Emilie why do you change them out every two days.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

how long the coils last really depends on your eliquid type, wattage applied...
eliquids with alot of sugars, oils will gunk up the inside area of the coil and the wick...
heavy tobaccos will do the same...
and of course there is the doa issue right outta the pack problem aspire still has...
sometimes you get 2 days out of a coil, sometimes 6 or 7 days...
i get on average 10 days on a coil...
liquids i use are... suicide bunny (mothers milk, fight your fate)
mr e-liquid (pure michigan, jade tiger)
heathers heavenly vapes (heavenly tobacco,pirates booty)
apocalypse juice (ressurection)
usually between 10 and 12 watts...wide open air draw (lung hits)
if you soak/rinse, to clean them...let them dry completely before trying to use again or the wicking will burn and fall apart
when the coils are good they are very good...
when the coils are not so good, they suck...

others will most definately have different experiences to relate to you, these are just my experiences with the 1.6'ers...

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like the kanger coils hit and miss

i gave up on kanger coils over a year ago...
they were so irritating it pushed me over the edge to the russian 91% and rebuildable dripping atomizers
still cant fathom why folks are so impressed with kanger...
my experience with eigate and the new ceramic coils has been head and shoulders better than kanger...
i won a give away for the aerotank mega and it mutes flavor for me compared to the bvc's

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am start to get frustrated with The kanger coils also. I bought a blister pack and 1 coils last me about 3 hours.
I also gave a RDA. I use my spinner 2 work.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
when you have the vape budget to do so, you should really give a nautilus mini or a beyond vape silo tank fitted with the bottom vertical coils a try

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Let me quote what I said (I had to go back and look):

Last I heard, the new stock of Big Boys WILL come with BVCs, but I'm not sure if they've begun shipping them yet.

I have the mesh sleeve on mine, and the tank that comes with it is a bit smaller. 3ml, as far as I can tell...and I go through two of them a day with the BVCs.

Reading that again, it's not clear at all, but I meant two 3ml tanks worth of juice a day.

I can certainly see where you thought I meant coils.

The BVC coils are lasting me close to two weeks each. :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors