Become a Patron!

Aspire EVO75 kit

Aspire EVO75 Kit

0UJBcue.jpg

Front and back of box (click image to zoom & read)

I've had this a couple of days, in which time I've put 6 tank fulls through it, 3 with each of the coils that came with it, messed about with all the settings, tried the CFBP (customisable fire button profiles), and general got to know it to the stage where I feel I can give a deeper review than just "Flavour for days," or "Clouds Bro, clouds,". Also I should say that yes, aspire did send me this for free, but no, that wont bias me towards a good review.

Packaging

csd1TYY.jpg

After opening the box (click image to zoom)

The box is good and sturdy, although I did find it difficult to open without damaging. The 2 parts fit very snuggly, too tight to shake it out, in fact so snugly that it suction forms making it even harder to open. It's made of a good thick cardboard, so I doubt any transit damage will occur.

4f2DcIG.jpg

Under layer goodies (click image to zoom)

Included in the box is a spare glass, a USB lead (for charging and firmware) and a .5Ω coil. The .4Ω and .5Ω coils differ quite dramatically, but more on this later. The grey foam is hard to remove as well, and I suspect many will be torn during excited un-boxing.

jP3PLAJ.jpg

Instructions and Warranty (click image to zoom)

The instructions are as you would expect, okay, but concise. The fact the CFBP page is a loose sheet makes me think it was a late firmware addition before release.

The Atlantis EVO, Coils & Drip Tip

The EVO is well made, and I couldn't find any evidence of burring, dirt or machine oil on it. The paint finish is good, although gloss, where the mod is matt. It comes with a black rubber cuff, like the Cleito, it has 4 airflow holes, that don't have a stop, the ring spins freely, but has a good tight feel.
As I mentioned before the .4Ω and .5Ω differ in more than just resistance and recommended power range. The internal diameter of the wicking in the coil is different too.

rljecv4.jpg

.5Ω on the left, .4Ω on the right

The diameter difference makes the .4Ω (rated 40w-50w) coil looser on the draw, with bigger clouds, and the .5Ω (35w-40w) a tighter draw with more flavour. But that is not to say that either of them is lacking in either department, they just lean one way or the other slightly.

m94dy7k.jpg

.4Ω coil on the coilmaster reader

tZT5ls0.jpg

.5Ω coil on the coilmaster reader

Filling is the same as the Cleito and Nautilus X, the top hardware unscrews from the coil itself, leaving loads of room for drippers, droppers or needle noses to get in. This is my first con of the tank though, every time I have tried to fill the coil has unscrewed from the base, instead of the top unscrewing from it, thusly:

9e2EmRt.jpg

Messy, annoying and inconvenient

The Atlantis EVO is backwards compatible with all Atlantis coils, which means that the RBAs that fit the older tanks will fit this too. Also I have a gut feeling that the Cleito fat-boy (5ml) glass will fit the EVO with the extension kit, which is handy, because the .4Ω coil drinks like a scouser during happy hour. It hasn't leaked on me yet, unless you count the unscrewing when filling debacle.

Driptip

Why aspire, why? Why do you keep using this style of external push-on drip tip? It is slightly different to the Cleito, because it has a base to it, not just the cylindrical section, and whilst it looks good, it means that 510 tips look, frankly, horrible on the Atlantis EVO tank.

z0v3Z70.jpg

I hate this. Why oh why...

I tried an experiment with my SignatureTips Cleito tip.

FgLFIFq.jpg

Get off

OJ4MDWA.jpg

Oh Yes! That's the ticket right there!

Hopefully someone out there will start to fill this niche, and release some quality after-market tips for the Cleito/Atlantis EVO, now that they share the same connection. The reverse also fits, that is putting the EVO tip on the Cleito, it looks pretty good on it, and may help with the heat some people dislike the Cleito for.

The NX75

There's a lot about this little mod. 75w max output, with VV, VW and bypass modes. Temperature control for Nickel, Titanium and 316 Stainless Steel. I don't vape in TC, it really aint my thing, but I can say that in power mode its performing great. At 45w with the .4Ω coil it tastes great and the vapour production is really rather good.
CFBP, or Customizable Fire Button Profiles is new, to me at least. It's configured from the mod itself, no need to connect to a PC to fiddle about. I've tried out all the pre-programmed curves, some chop on and off, some swell in power then fall. I set one up myself, in about 5 minutes. Starting at 50w, then falling to 40w over the course of 10 seconds, so basically the stock .4Ω coils recommended range. It works really well like this, giving great vapour but not getting hotter over the draw. All the usual button locking features are present, and the screen auto-flips to the correct orientation.
I'm not going to go too much into the vape settings, as, lets be honest, most of us all ready know what a + button does, likewise a - ! I will say however that having a W & T button is good. It means less 3 clicks for this, 4 clicks for that. Most features on the NX75 are accessed by pressing and holding 2 buttons together for example T&- is for changing the logo, W&+ for locking the buttons. Everything else is pressing the right button, press W, keep pressing for VW, VV, By, CFBP1 etc. The same is true for T.

It is possible to change the on screen text, it is easy to do as well:

nDzXsQG.jpg

Custom UK Vapers logo! I know this is the underground!

I like the battery compartment, the magnets holding it are very strong, it literally pulls itself out of my fingers to attach itself! It is very easy to see the correct battery orientation:

vIT988V.jpg

Easy peasy! Loadsa + and - signs.

The compartment will only attach to the mod the correct way up as well:

UH2mEnH.jpg

In it goes!

I only really have a couple of cons for the mod. The styling is bland, bleh. It feels rock solid, and looks it, but is boring. The buttons rattle, this really shouldn't happen. And then there is this, I find this last picture so annoying I might yet try to remove it.

VxARqF3.jpg

Got a level aspire?

Conclusion

It's good. I like it. I don't have a single 18650 mod in the arsenal, so I will keep and use this. Would I buy it? Hmmmm, £40 just for the mod, £55 the kit? Plus a battery? When there are mods like the kbox70 for less with internal batteries? Is the tank worth having instead of a Cleito? The Cleito & kBox70 set up I have is top drawer... I don't know if I would. I like the small form factor, I like the customisability of the vape, I like having lots of kit. My wife doesn't like it "'cos its square," she loves her K4. The market is flooded at the moment whilst manufacturers rush stuff out before the guillotine falls.

I really cant knock it for much. It's a cracking bit of kit, its full of the latest features and the chip is ace, anyone who did buy it won't be disappointed, but I think its a "My 1st proper mod" kind of thing.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I couldn't agree more. The best value for dollar starter kit I've seen to date.

VU Sponsors