Become a Patron!

Aspire Nautilus BDC & BVC Coming Loose

Kiddo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is anyone having an issue with coils coming loose on the Nautilus ? I've taken every precaution I can think of but I still have to remove the bottom and screw in the coil at least three times a day. Any and all help is appreciated.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I did until I took some needle nose pliers to tighten them just a bit more.

Kiddo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks I'll give it a try

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's strange I never experienced that. Your coil itself is coming apart or is it coming lose from the base?

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This happens to mine on occasion. It's really a non issue, and only presents it's elf when I remove the base for filling, and the coil remains in the tank lol

I'd prefer it sticking to the tube; than leaking. I still just snug them finger tight

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was on the phone with Aspire management when they first released the Nautilus coils and was told that it had to do with the ergonomic design of the tank base and center tube. It's not a major issue when it comes lose and sticks in the tube, it only means you have a solid connection. Never over tighten the head though or it will produce leaks. I like the Mini better than the standard. 1.8 and 1.6 ohms do the job. Stock coils are usually crap but that's expected when you mass produce.

Kiddo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's strange I never experienced that. Your coil itself is coming apart or is it coming lose from the base?
It's coming loose from the base. Initially, I thought it was occurring because I was running it on a Provari 2.5 without a floating pin for the atomizer but I recently sold the Provari with the anticipation of the P3 and l'm currently using my "backup" which is a HCigar Stingray X and I'm still having issues.

Kiddo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This happens to mine on occasion. It's really a non issue, and only presents it's elf when I remove the base for filling, and the coil remains in the tank lol

I'd prefer it sticking to the tube; than leaking. I still just snug them finger tight

Kiddo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've also had it stick to the tube when refilling but it has not lead to leaking thankfully lol ...but the vapor production drops significantly.

Kiddo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was on the phone with Aspire management when they first released the Nautilus coils and was told that it had to do with the ergonomic design of the tank base and center tube. It's not a major issue when it comes lose and sticks in the tube, it only means you have a solid connection. Never over tighten the head though or it will produce leaks. I like the Mini better than the standard. 1.8 and 1.6 ohms do the job. Stock coils are usually crap but that's expected when you mass produce.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's coming loose from the base. Initially, I thought it was occurring because I was running it on a Provari 2.5 without a floating pin for the atomizer but I recently sold the Provari with the anticipation of the P3 and l'm currently using my "backup" which is a HCigar Stingray X and I'm still having issues.

That's what I thought. Your issue sounds like one not related to the coil but the base ring of your clearomizer. I don't know if Aspire sells the base seperate, you may want to search their site but I haven't come across it. I know Kanger does. I never had that issue though on my Provari when I had it. Did you buy a genuine tank?

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've also had it stick to the tube when refilling but it has not lead to leaking thankfully lol ...but the vapor production drops significantly.

I'm vaping on the Nautilus right now and have not noticed any vapor reduction issues. The coil sticking in the tube is not uncommon it's part of the solid connection, otherwise your tank would flood. You may have purchased a clone tank? They are very difficult to spot the replica looks identical to the original except for the threading, which most people never notice or pay much attention to. The box printing and display is where you tell the difference. It happened to a friend of mine in fact, he had similar issue that you describe.

Kiddo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm vaping on the Nautilus right now and have not noticed any vapor reduction issues. The coil sticking in the tube is not uncommon it's part of the solid connection, otherwise your tank would flood. You may have purchased a clone tank? They are very difficult to spot the replica looks identical to the original except for the threading, which most people never notice or pay much attention to. The box printing and display is where you tell the difference. It happened to a friend of mine in fact, he had similar issue that you describe.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Turbo tank will be coming soon from Kanger it is very well made and should suit your mod. It will be a quad coil. I would toss your defective tank and not worry about it anymore. You don't need the aggravation just get a better one next time and be sure you buy from reputable source.

Kiddo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've come across clones in the past and now I make a conscientious effort to verify the code on the aspire website. In addition, I went back a week later and reentered the code again to make sure that particular code was not duplicated. Is it possible I received a dud? Possibly, I'm sure that's occurred to all of us. I just want to make sure it's not user error ;)

Kiddo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Turbo tank will be coming soon from Kanger it is very well made and should suit your mod. It will be a quad coil. I would toss your defective tank and not worry about it anymore. You don't need the aggravation just get a better one next time and be sure you buy from reputable source.
Can you recommend a reputable source?

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've come across clones in the past and now I make a conscientious effort to verify the code on the aspire website. In addition, I went back a week later and reentered the code again to make sure that particular code was not duplicated. Is it possible I received a dud? Possibly, I'm sure that's occurred to all of us. I just want to make sure it's not user error ;)

Based on what you described it doesn't sound like it.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

If it's not out yet how do you know it's well made ? Imo the OP doesn't have a defective tank at all , by reading this thread it's pretty obvious others mention it but it's certainly not a problem.

The Nautilus is as good as it gets for a replaceable coil tank , especially with BVC heads , reviews are fantastic wherever you read them from.

To the OP , don't throw that out , it's not defective.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Kanger has always made good products. I personally think Aspire is a better product. But its personel preference. The only thing that I don't like on the turbo is, if a coil starts tasting bad, how will you know which one? you will have to change both, right?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Kanger heads do that too once in a while I'll have one that I have to check all the time because it works it's way loose, I think maybe sometimes during making them , they may be slightly off in screw size, just a guess.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My Kanger heads do that too once in a while I'll have one that I have to check all the time because it works it's way loose, I think maybe sometimes during making them , they may be slightly off in screw size, just a guess.
Funny you mention that, because that JUST happened to me today on my Aerotank mega. First time it's ever happened too

Shamanshelly23

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is happening on my Aspire Nautilus too...first batch of coils I was given by a friend and had leaking problems, turned out they were clones. So I bought some authentic coils and am still using the first one I took out of the box. Worked much better at first but still experiencing leaking and ejuice getting in my chimney and sometimes in my mouth...I keep having to take the tank apart, wipe it out with a quetip and reassemble, then it works well for a handful of hits and starts again. When I take the base off of my tank the coil isn't tight in the base anymore and half the time it has transferred to the tube of the tank...I have a feel that is what is causing it to leak into the chimney but not sure. Getting very frustrating. Could my tank just be too old? Friend gave it to me as a starter and I think it is a couple years old. Have an original Crown tank but just waiting on the 1.2 Ohm coils to get here so I can use it on my mod. Should be in tomorrow but would like to figure out the problem with my Aspire Nautilus too.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
This is happening on my Aspire Nautilus too...first batch of coils I was given by a friend and had leaking problems, turned out they were clones. So I bought some authentic coils and am still using the first one I took out of the box. Worked much better at first but still experiencing leaking and ejuice getting in my chimney and sometimes in my mouth...I keep having to take the tank apart, wipe it out with a quetip and reassemble, then it works well for a handful of hits and starts again. When I take the base off of my tank the coil isn't tight in the base anymore and half the time it has transferred to the tube of the tank...I have a feel that is what is causing it to leak into the chimney but not sure. Getting very frustrating. Could my tank just be too old? Friend gave it to me as a starter and I think it is a couple years old. Have an original Crown tank but just waiting on the 1.2 Ohm coils to get here so I can use it on my mod. Should be in tomorrow but would like to figure out the problem with my Aspire Nautilus too.
Sounds like you are over tightening the tank. I used Nautilus tanks for over 2 years and did not have this problem with authentic or clone coils.

Shamanshelly23

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like you are over tightening the tank. I used Nautilus tanks for over 2 years and did not have this problem with authentic or clone coils.
I guess this is a possibility...I'm tightening my tank by hand so I'm not cranking it or anything...I just read in another forum that they recommended cranking up the wattage or voltage. So I did that and it is working much better...maybe the ejuice wasn't getting vaporized enough ?

VU Sponsors