Become a Patron!

Aspire Nautilus Problems

Matthew Zarzecki

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bought an Aspire Nautilus a while back and when I unboxed it, the pin in the connector fell out and fell apart. I tried to reassemble it and put it back in but when I put it on my MVP 2 it read NON. I tried firing it on a Vamo v3 and even some mechanical mods. It didn't work on any of them. Its too late to return it now. Is there a way to fix it?

Matthew Zarzecki

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is legit. I entered the auth code on the box online and it says it's legit.

Matthew Zarzecki

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Umadbro? Sheesh...

You're welcome for the replacement parts link BTW
Uhhh. I don't know where you got any sort of idea that I sounded mad in the least bit. I was confirming it was real so that potential problem would be out of context.

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hate your having trouble. I've had a new Naut for about a month and I take it on the road and use it constantly with no problems. I would suggest you swap the BDC head for a BVC. I did and it improved it's performance quite a bit. Since the coil swap it's now my favorite tank.

Matthew Zarzecki

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think the coil is the problem. I tried putting the replacement coil that it came with in and still didn't fire.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't think the coil is the problem. I tried putting the replacement coil that it came with in and still didn't fire.
The old style coils suck.. Try a new BVC, I don't know of anyone having problems with the new BVC style coils.

FWIW, my nautilus collected dust until the new BVC coils came out; since then, it's taken the place of my Kayfun. True story

Having said that, I DID give you a link for replacement parts, and they are super cheap.

Matthew Zarzecki

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know if it's worth spending 10$ on new base hardware if I'm barely gonna use the tank. I'm more of an RDA guy now. If I could of fixed it without spending money I would of and gave it to a friend.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Try another battery first to see if that is the problem, or if it is in the pin. Extra parts you can get from aspirecig.com, but the shipping costs are up there. Hate to say, but you may be better off just getting a new tank. Prices have come down, just make sure you buy from a authentic seller to eliminate any issues with clones. The newest ones are coming with the bvc coils in them

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aspire has a support form on their website. They also state there is a 3 month warrenty on parts however I find that hard to believe since they require a return to the seller and I know of no seller accepting returns on atomizers for 3 months; manufacturers warrenty or not. I'm not a fan atm.

Do you have the spring that goes on the inside of the base on the + pin? If not the head will not make contract with the pin. In lew of that, get a flat head screw of the right size and cut it to the right length.

Sent from Gallifrey using a Sonic Screwdriver via Tardis #5 :what:

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have the spring that goes on the inside of the base on the + pin? If not the head will not make contract with the pin. In lew of that, get a flat head screw of the right size and cut it to the right length.

Sent from Gallifrey using a Sonic Screwdriver via Tardis #5 :what:

I unscrewed the center pin and nothing changed. I can't get these 2 pieces apart enough to get the skinnest flat head screwdriver between them. Someone mentioned that the vaccum inside the tank might be keeping them together? I just don't know how to break that seal - without a sledge hammer.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So the new coils really help i have had mine for awhile now and it seems i constantly change the coil.
I also have an issue with no matter what juice i use it turns brown and the throat hit is way to harsh. I pretty much put them aside.

samjoseph1024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
An Aspire nautilus mini would be better, most guys choose it over the normal natulius...
Check it out on Heaven Gifts, a big Halloween sale event is on-going...quite a chance to grap what you like!

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 5 Aspire Nautilus tanks and one of them is really strange I'm pretty sure it's a fake one it falls apart. Kinda pissed me off you really have to be careful were you buy these Tanks From

Sent from my SGH-T999

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was having probems with mine yesterday, and it looks as if that little spring has disintegrated into a pile of rust! I did check the authentication code when I got it, but a quick Google tells me I'm not the only person who's run into this. I just ordered a replacement pin/spring from Aspire, but it'll take a while to get here....hard to believe they wouldn't use stainless in these?

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I lost the pin on one of mine and all I did was grab a piece of solid core copper wire (forget the gauge I used) shoved it in the, cut it flush and viola!

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Very important after washing to flip the base upside down and let it completely dry , if you don't, water stagnates in there and messes up the spring and pin. .

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very important after washing to flip the base upside down and let it completely dry , if you don't, water stagnates in there and messes up the spring and pin. .

Oh lord yes. I had a base that suddenly was full of rust - - turned out the little spring on the pin had completely disintegrated! Luckily I was able to order spares directly from Aspire.

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aspire did honor their 3 month warrenty. I'm a fan again. No one has still been able to seperate my original one.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty sure I'm having a collapsed spring problem with my Nautilus. Any solutions aside from buying a new connector pin. I kinda liked the above idea of cutting some copper wire to fit. Any takers? Thanks

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I lost the pin on one of mine and all I did was grab a piece of solid core copper wire (forget the gauge I used) shoved it in the, cut it flush and viola!
Sounds good. Could it have been solid 10 g? Sounds familiar. My pin spring is collapsing I think. Trying to come up with a solution.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I used a smaller gauge than that - 14 ga probably. I'll need to grab some to see, but it did work just fine.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I used a smaller gauge than that - 14 ga probably. I'll need to grab some to see, but it did work just fine.
Thanks. So you just replaced the whole connector pin with that? Did you cut it to the length of the original pin including the spring?

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually just installed a coil then shoved the wire in as far as it would go and cut it off flush with the 510.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had that problem on my mini. Being a machinest I just made a solid pin. I realize thats not an option for most. However the size of the pin that goes thru the insulator is .132". The length of the pin with spring is about .225". If you use a 1/8" piece of wire 1/4" long that should do the trick. The spring they use in this thing isn't much thicker than my coil ---dumb design!! On my istick coils were reading 2.1 ohms on a 1.8. With pin replaced bang on 1.8.

VU Sponsors