Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aspire Nautilus BDC review
Posted by brian yaeger on 9/12/2014 to Electronic Cigarette reviews
spacer.gif

ASPIRE NAUTILUS BDC REVIEW
aspire-nautilus-2_thumbnail.jpg

I have used many tanks in my vaping career, but I have come to the conclusion that the Aspire Nautilus tank is hands down my favorite bottom coil tank of all. The Aspire Company truly engineered something vapors have been waiting for. They really pulled out all the stops with this one. I’m sure other tank manufacturers are shaking their heads in aw as to how to beat this one.

Aspire has really set a new standard when it comes to adjustable airflow devices.

First, let’s talk about the packaging it comes in. When I first received my Aspire Nautilus I thought that this had to be something of quality just due to the professionalism or thought that was put into the box alone. It simply looks like something high end or pricey. When you receive yours you will find that it comes inside a clear sleeve that must be taken off first. Then it has a beautiful picture of the tank on one side and Aspires signature “scratch and check” sticker to ensure authenticity. As you go further you will find on the inside of the box three perfect cutouts which house a beauty ring, your tank, and 1 extra coil. Everything about the box screams luxury. It also comes with a complete instruction booklet on how to put it together, and use the device.

Now let’s talk about how to put this bad boy together so you can get started blowing clouds that would make your mama cry.

PUTTING TOGETHER THE TANK:
The Aspire is relatively easy to put together, and considering it comes with instructions anyone can do it. I will lead you step by step anyways just so you have a better feel for what it entails.

·First, start off by screwing the upper hardware to the top of the Pyrex tank.

·Second, screw the bottom dual coil into the bottom hardware roughly hand tight.

·Then screw the tank hardware to the bottom atomizer hardware (the atomizer screws directly onto the air-tube shaft in the center of the tank).

·Then all that is needed is for you to insert the stainless steel drip tip into the upper hardware and you are ready to start filling the tank

FILLING THE TANK:
The Aspire Nautilus is one easy tank to fill given its size. It boast a huge 5ml tank that will keep you vaping all day long unless you are a serious chain vapor like I am. I find myself never completely running out of e-juice before days end. I may though come close, but like I said I have yet to run out. If I do come close it has probably been one hell of a stress filled day.

Now back to the filling part. There is one thing you must remember is that when you are ready to fill the tank you should ensure that when you screw off the base of the tank that the atomizer head stays connected to the bottom hardware. If you find that the atomizer head is still connected to the air-tube in the center of the tank simply unscrew it and connect it to the bottom hardware. Then using the e-juice of your choice fill around the sides of the tank avoiding the center tube. Since there is 5ml of space for your tank to consume you may be filling for some time. Then all that is needed is for you to screw back the bottom hardware and start vaping.

4 different Airflow Settings:
That’s right, this thing comes with 4 very easily adjustable settings to control the amount of airflow that is coming through the tank. The four setting are as follows:

·0.9mm

·1.1mm
aspire%20n%20pieces.jpg

·1.4mm

·1.8mm

When I first got my tank I fooled around with the settings for quite a bit switching back and forth to see just what the setting was I liked the most. I came to the conclusion that I personally liked the 1.8mm because it seemed to give me the biggest clouds. I did find that if I set it to a tighter draw I get a more favorable vape.

ONE MORE SIDE NOTE ABOUT ADJUSTING THE SETTINGS: Aspire made it really easy because as you are adjusting the airflow settings you will hear a metallic click when you have reached each individual setting. You will definitely know when you haven’t got it set or you are between settings because you will not be able to pull any vapor off the tank.

WHAT IS THIS THING MADE OFF?
The construction of the Aspire Nautilus is all stainless steel on the outside minus the Pyrex tank. Oh yea, it does come with one hell of a rubber gasket on the inside of the tank to make for a perfect air tight seal. That is one thing I really liked about it. It also features a stainless steel drip tip that can be changed out for any 510 drip tip of your choice. This is for all you people who don’t like the feeling of cold steel in your mouth.

One thing I found that was kind of perplexing, and I know others vapors have probably found the same thing is that the coil it comes with inside the tank is a different resistance then the replacement coil. The one in the tank is rated at 1.6 ohm’s while the replacement coil is 1.8 ohm’s. I know, kind of weird, right?

CLEANING THE ASPIRE NAUTILUS:

Then there is the issue of cleaning the tank. It is made just as easy as any other tank I have encountered. Just unscrew all of the hardware ensuring not to drop the tank. The directions state to start with unscrewing the bottom hardware first. There is a little note to user about not filling the tank over 5ml and also not to let the tank get under 0.5ml to avoid getting a dry wick. We all know how that taste and it’s not pretty.

ACTUAL USAGE:

I have been using the tank for about 3 weeks now and I have not experienced any issues what so ever. Everything seems to work without fail. I have had no wicking issues, gurgling, or leaks so far. That is simply amazing to me because all of the other tanks I have had in the past have surely given me at least one of those issues at one point or another.

WOULD I RECOMMEND?

You damn right I would recommend this tank and for the price I would definitely recommend this. $24.99 is not a bad deal for a tank that seemingly last forever. Remember, you get what you pay for. In all, the Aspire Nautilus BDC or Glassomizer, clearomizers, or whatever you want to call it is a killer tank. Keep up the good work Aspire.

VU Sponsors