Become a Patron!

Aspire Nautilus tank?

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a nautilus tank, but it is getting so hot. I am using 1.8 ohm BVC coil, but I am using it on a Joyetech eVic VT. Can a mod be to powerful for a coil? It says on the coil 4.2 to 5.5V but even using that voltage it is on fire. Also can the bottom hardware of the Nautilus be broken or bad?

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think you'd be over 25 watts at that voltage, max is around 12 for the bvc

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Okay, I lowered it to 7.7 watts, and still the same thing.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
coil is probably fried, try a new one if you have it. those coils can be rebuilt fairly easily btw, just youtube it.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm still having the same problem after a new coil. I guess I'm going to have to go down to 5.5 watts. It's a cool vape, and I love a warm vape, but I want to use my Nautilus.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
My wife is running 1.8Ω BVC coils in her Nautilus Mini at 4V±. That ends-up being about 8W. I'm running the 1.5Ω coils in my GS-Tank at 14W and the 1.8Ω coil in my Protank 3 Mini at 11.5W. It all depends upon the coil, the tank, the mod and the juice. There is no set formula.

At those wattages my tanks will get warm if I chain-vape. You can offset that problem a bit by keeping your tank full.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think I'm going to buy a smaller mod. My is I think is meant to sub-ohm and I don't. I'm MTL. I have an joyetech evic vt.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I think I'm going to buy a smaller mod. My is I think is meant to sub-ohm and I don't. I'm MTL. I have an joyetech evic vt.
That is not the problem. Your mod is sending no more energy to the atomizer than what you're telling it to do. A mod can be underpowered, and not be able to send enough to the coil, but it can only be overpowered in the sense that it's capable of supplying more than you will demand.

Put another way: My eVic-VTC Mini is rated at 75W max. A Reuleux RX200 is rated at 200W. If I set either one to 35W on my Tobeco Super Tank Mini: 35W is what it'll run at. The only differences being: My eVic-VTC Mini will have 40W of excess capacity, is relatively small and light, and takes only a single 18650 battery. The rx200 will have 165W of excess capacity, is significantly larger and heavier, and uses three 18650 batteries.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a Clapton coil in it now. The triton mini coils fit the nautilus and nautilus mini. It gets pretty warm.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh okay, cool! I understand what your saying.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My juice is 80/20 VG. I have a PG allergy. Could my Nautilus base go bad?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think your whole issue is the amount you are vaping. Taking toots often or long draws will cause the atomizer to get warm/hot. It's not big deal IMO. I haven't fried anything yet.

However, you may want to consider upping your nic level if you are vaping a lot/often to get your nic fix.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I went up some. I had my local vape shop mix me a 9mg. I have to watch though cause I have high blood pressure and if I go to high it messes with it. The 9mgs is messing with it now.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have high BP as well. Had it for years. Smoking and vaping don't seem to have any effect (nicotine use). At least none that I have noticed for myself.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Really? If my nic level is to high mine goes crazy!! When I smoked I had the same problem.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nope. I'll get light headed and sick to my stomach (nic sick) but it doesn't mess with my B.P.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hmmm, I wish it didn't mine. I do get lightheaded and nauseous when its to high also.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let me ask y'all since no one else is answering my other post. Is it common for a mod to read resistance higher or lower than the coil? My eVic VT reads my 1.8 at 1.7, or 1.9.

judo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let me ask y'all since no one else is answering my other post. Is it common for a mod to read resistance higher or lower than the coil? My eVic VT reads my 1.8 at 1.7, or 1.9.

Yeah that's normal. They're not all made perfect, temperature will also give a little fluctuation in resistance.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I love my kanger subtank mini, but it leaks way to bad. It also doesn't get hot. I can't put up with that leaking though.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I love my kanger subtank mini, but it leaks way to bad.
That seems to be a relatively common problem with Kanger subtanks.

You might look for a Tobeco Super Tank Mini. The tanks are relatively inexpensive (mine was $18, on sale, at a LVS) and so are the coils. Plus it can take (some) Atlantis and Triton coils. It's a simple & foolproof top fill tank. Disadvantage: The drip tip is integrated with the top: So you cannot use your own.

I've been using one for... I guess it'd be two weeks as of today? Still liking the hell out of it.

mbrennan1130

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can I use a nautilus tank.with the joyetech Vic vt mod
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes. Nautilus has standard 510 connection and will work with any modern regulated mod.

VU Sponsors