Become a Patron!

Aspire Nautilus

Hello everyone,
So i got my Aspire nautilus and i keep getting this metal type of taste, how can i get rid of that?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sometimes initially get a rubbery taste when breaking in a nautilus. Are your coil heads authentic?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
okay, are you using a high pg ratio? idk what your experience is in vaping but a high pg juice can give a sharper taste depending on your setup/power output

Didn't say when i bought it but i'd say a high VG ratio and i don't think that's the case i've different juices (different ratios) still get the same metallic like taste.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
same with all the coils in the blister pack or the coils which came with it in it's box?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
after a quick sweep of other forums the general consensus is that high vg will shorten the life of the coils which i can also testify to by personal experience. a coil can also be killed in less than an hour. such is the nature of replaceable premade coil heads. we had this issue with the protank and it won't change.

i usually make high vg but i needed to turn up the watts to vape it and the nautilus doesn't like that. they're not like a kayfun or other rba which you can happily run at 15 - 20 watts without any issues. nautiluses vape best around 12 - 14 watts. if i didn't have a bag full of spare heads i'd once again ditch clearomisers and go back to rbas.. but i understand that's not a convenient option for many vapers

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can clean the used Nautilus heads in Vodka by soaking them and then giving them a rinse under very hot water and letting them dry. It will extend the life of the head. I've done this a few times on a Nautilus head, the third time is usually the last, too much gunk gets trapped in the ceramic wool in the head for it to feed e juice properly.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had that problem until someone suggested when it is a new coil dripping a couple drops of juice right into it. Only when it is brand new, not every time. I haven't had the problem since.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had that problem until someone suggested when it is a new coil dripping a couple drops of juice right into it. Only when it is brand new, not every time. I haven't had the problem since.
Funny that, bc when I first got a nautilus I read that tip also. But whenever I dripped some juice into a new coil it shorted it and I'd have to wait half hour for it to dry and work.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Funny that, bc when I first got a nautilus I read that tip also. But whenever I dripped some juice into a new coil it shorted it and I'd have to wait half hour for it to dry and work.
Really? It shorted? Wow. Never had that happen.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really? It shorted? Wow. Never had that happen.
Yes, well none of them would fire. These were the first batch of nautilus heads and I don't think they were authentics either. But I don't think that'd make much difference. I tried doing it with three. They all had to dry out again first. But I find the new bvc coils don't need priming - just a couple of toots do it.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
huh. Maybe I am wrong. I am still learning. I have never had a problem since I started doing that.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, well none of them would fire. These were the first batch of nautilus heads and I don't think they were authentics either. But I don't think that'd make much difference. I tried doing it with three. They all had to dry out again first. But I find the new bvc coils don't need priming - just a couple of toots do it.
I got a pack of counterfit heads, each one either popped the first time, or burned in two to three toots @ 10 watts, even soaked in juice. The place I ordered the tank and coils from sent out an email to all the customers who ordered apologizing for sending out fake replacement heads and then sent out 2 packs (boxes -10 coils total) of authentic per customer. Good customer service.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow. Impressive that they made it right.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a pack of counterfit heads, each one either popped the first time, or burned in two to three toots @ 10 watts, even soaked in juice. The place I ordered the tank and coils from sent out an email to all the customers who ordered apologizing for sending out fake replacement heads and then sent out 2 packs (boxes -10 coils total) of authentic per customer. Good customer service.
I wish vendors had done that with the Protank heads. That would've probably bankrupted the vape industry !

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wish vendors had done that with the Protank heads. That would've probably bankrupted the vape industry !
Yep. I got rid of all my protanks except one, I bought a $3 conversion kit that allows me to use Aspire coils in it. It really rocks with those Aspire BDC coils. The kit was meant for the Davide tanks, but it fits perfectly in the protank I/II/III. The only downside is that Ego's don't have the oompf to properly vaporize the ejiuce, so you need a mod that can do 15 watts instead of 10. Works great on my iStick and actually kinda looks nice.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep. I got rid of all my protanks except one, I bought a $3 conversion kit that allows me to use Aspire coils in it. It really rocks with those Aspire BDC coils. The kit was meant for the Davide tanks, but it fits perfectly in the protank I/II/III. The only downside is that Ego's don't have the oompf to properly vaporize the ejiuce, so you need a mod that can do 15 watts instead of 10. Works great on my iStick and actually kinda looks nice.
Ah I think I have them bases too but the aspire nautilus coils won't fit it will they. Are the authentic aspire Davide BDCs a newer style than the ones from 12 months ago? If so I'll grab a bunch from ft next time.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I have one or two of those. It's been a while since I used them. I don't think I ever bought the aspie coils though as at the time I kinda gave up after having so many issues from kanger. But I may see what the BDCs are like as they could be a cheaper acceptable alternative to the nautilus

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes I have one or two of those. It's been a while since I used them. I don't think I ever bought the aspie coils though as at the time I kinda gave up after having so many issues from kanger. But I may see what the BDCs are like as they could be a cheaper acceptable alternative to the nautilus
They are good, not the airflow of the Nautilus coils, but decent enough.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey I remembered that I had a few packets. I think I just stopped using them when I got a different tank. There are loads of old tanks and coils and bits in my vape basement.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mrgoodbar, I had the exact same problem. I had a nautilus mini, worked fine for a while but all the sudden i started getting a discusting metallic taste. It was absolutely discusting taste & the taste of metal after taste ugh it was horrible. So i went to my vape shop & traded it in plus $10 to get a new regular nautilus. it came with bvc's in it to so midas well get double the capacity & still have bvc. But i found out after that that nasty metal taste could be caused from having the glass & the upper hardware, or even the upper & bottom hardware to tight. I guess it would cause to much pressure maybe? Because its all stainless steel so it shouldnt rust. I always used to tighten till it wouldnt go anymore, but i was told you only need to tighten top & bottom just snug till you feel resistance then maybe a courter turn more. But the atomiser i tighten real snug because i found if i dont it'll stay attatched to upper hardware & not stay on bottom hardware like it should when unscrewing. So maybe thats the problem, i know how you feel though man, i hope you get it fixed. I love my nautilus its a great tank

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I saw a review on YouTube that may help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors