Become a Patron!

Aspire Pegasus Box Mod

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Sorry, no help from me. What I can tell you is that I have held them and don't really care for them. The dial is kind of obnoxious to me, but in fairness, I am used to buttons. My other gripe is the finish, it is a serious fingerprint magnet. After playing with it for about 2 minutes, it "looked" like I had held it for hours. I did NOT actually put a tank on it though, so I have no opinion on how it works.

I really wanted to like it because I thought it would be awesome to get a couple of the charging bases, one for work and one for home. If it's just the size you are looking for, you could also take a look at the new IPV D2, eVic-VTC Mini, and the SMY 60w TC Mini, and many others. They are all small form factor competitors.

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like you I saw one in a shop at a good price
The wheel didn't bother me so much and i really liked the screen
but if it doesn't read ohms or wattage right its nothing but a paper weight and I have enough of those lol

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
but if it doesn't read ohms or wattage right its nothing but a paper weight and I have enough of those lol
If you really liked the screen, you should take a look at the screen on the eVic VTC and the SMY 60w TC Mini ... The SMY is stunning, but the VTC is supposed to be fantastic as well.

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I checked those out while I was there but he didn't have a charged battery in either one so didn't get a good look

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Oh, and for what it's worth, the screen on the D2 isn't bad, just reminds me a LOT of my original DNA 30 screen ... very usable but nothing really noteworthy about it.

BTW ... shameless plug here ... if you follow the link in my signature, you can read my reviews on the D2 and SMY, I do talk about the screens. :)

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I checked those out while I was there but he didn't have a charged battery in either one so didn't get a good look
None of them are perfect, and I only have 2 out of 3 (I'm traveling on business, but the VTC should be waiting for me when I get home). Despite the fact that the D2 and SMY have issues, I do like them both. I will say that the SMY screen wins hands down over any other mod I have ever owned. Surprisingly, it does NOT seem to have a big impact on battery life, it lasts just about as long as the D2 from a usage standpoint. I can go an entire day on a single battery with both of them.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I will follow the links Thanks
Welcome! My goal is to help get good info out there so that folks don't go through what I did when I was starting out. I can't tell you how much money I "threw away" just trying to find things that worked for me. HTH!

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome! My goal is to help get good info out there so that folks don't go through what I did when I was starting out. I can't tell you how much money I "threw away" just trying to find things that worked for me. HTH!

Ive done the same thats why I have so many paper weights
As of right now I have working
3 Segelei mini 30 watt they work perfect
2 IPV mini both do a great job
1 Segelei 100 watt plus it seems to do ok but a little heave because of the dual batteries

For tanks Ive stopped at

4 Tobeco Kayfun 4 all work fine
3 Lemo 2 once I picked up how to wick it they are great

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Ive done the same thats why I have so many paper weights
As of right now I have working
3 Segelei mini 30 watt they work perfect
2IPV mini both do a great job
1 Segelei 100 watt plus it seems to do ok but a little heave because of the duall batterys

For tanks Ive stooped at

4 Tobeco Kayfun 4 all work fine
3 Lemo 2 once I picked up how to wick it they are great
I have a TON of working mods in my collection still, I just don't use them much since I've discovered TC. Started with a VaprFlask clone and then the KX-50D. Now I have added the D2, SMY, and VTC. For tanks, I'm still using my Russian 3.1s and one SubTank Mini. Thinking about adding the Crown, Lemo 2, and Saucecode (if I can find one). Now I just need to find funding for all of it and life will be good. LOL

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a TON of working mods in my collection still, I just don't use them much since I've discovered TC. Started with a VaprFlask clone and then the KX-50D. Now I have added the D2, SMY, and VTC. For tanks, I'm still using my Russian 3.1s and one SubTank Mini. Thinking about adding the Crown, Lemo 2, and Saucecode (if I can find one). Now I just need to find funding for all of it and life will be good. LOL

For lung hits you will like the Lemo 2
I have 3 of them they dont leak nor any of the other problems Ive had with other4 tanks

I usually carry one in 90+ degree heat here and as long as its wicked right not a drop in leaks

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
For lung hits you will like the Lemo 2
I have 3 of them they dont leak nor any of the other problems Ive had with other4 tanks

I usually carry one in 90+ degree heat here and as long as its wicked right not a drop in leaks
I've heard the flavor of the Lemo 2 is fantastic too. I'm not a cloud chaser, I'm a flavor junkie ... :)

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard the flavor of the Lemo 2 is fantastic too. I'm not a cloud chaser, I'm a flavor junkie ... :)

Im like you a flavor chaser once you get the wicking right on the lemo 2 it has fantastic flavor

i run 2.5mm coils at .9 to 1.2 and get plenty flavor

what Ive found is the height of the coil and wicking has a lot to do with how much flavor I get
Anything below 2.5mm coils and my flavor seems muted a little and anything over 7 wraps at 2.5 seems to give me some dry hits when I start hitting it real heavy

Of course all my juices are 50/50

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Im like you a flavor chaser once you get the wicking right on the lemo 2 it has fantastic flavor

i run 2.5mm coils at .9 to 1.2 and get plenty flavor

what Ive found is the height of the coil and wicking has a lot to do with how much flavor I get
Anything below 2.5mm coils and my flavor seems muted a little and anything over 7 wraps at 2.5 seems to give me some dry hits when I start hitting it real heavy

Of course all my juices are 50/50
Thanks for the info! I tend to run 3mm 5/6 wrap Ni200 ... .15 ohm ... I really like TC ... haven't had a dry hit since I converted :)

BTW ... I owe you an apology, I have completely thread jacked your original question, Sorry! I hope someone comes along that can actually give you some info on the Pegasus!!!

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info! I tend to run 3mm 5/6 wrap Ni200 ... .15 ohm ... I really like TC ... haven't had a dry hit since I converted :)

BTW ... I owe you an apology, I have completely thread jacked your original question, Sorry! I hope someone comes along that can actually give you some info on the Pegasus!!!

your 3mm should work just fine

Dont worry you didnt hijack it we were discussing vaping

Others will jump in here if they have any infomation on the mod

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I am curious though, what area do you live in with 90 degree temps? I've found I have to keep my tanks upside down when it gets that hot, otherwise they do tend to drip a little bit.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back to the Pegasus, I have one coming in a few days, I will post here when I give it a run:)

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@Dex_based has one for sale in the forums. I asked him if he could chime in over here with any info ... @Whiskey I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about it.

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am curious though, what area do you live in with 90 degree temps? I've found I have to keep my tanks upside down when it gets that hot, otherwise they do tend to drip a little bit.

Im in Oklahoma its hot and humid here during the summer

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I'm on the east coast ... same weather ... My parents live in Tulsa, that's about all I have ever seen of OK, other than a bus trip through OK city about 3+ decades ago ... :D

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm on the east coast ... same weather ... My parents live in Tulsa, that's about all I have ever seen of OK, other than a bus trip through OK city about 3+ decades ago ... :D

Im a little north of Tulsa

Dex_based

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm still a novice when it comes to vaping and the pegasus was my only my second regulated mod so I can't get technical but I hope I have some info that helps

It is a finger print magnet but I love the way it feels in my hand the dial is great I like to change watts and with it you can go from 1 to 70 in a second or turn it slow for 1 watt at a time

I haven't timed it but it charges fast and depending on your build lasts for a long time it has a spring loaded battery door that opens and closes easy with the simple movement of your thumb

I only have 1 tank (orchid v6) and 1 rda (cats clone) atm the pegasus works amazing with the rda but with the tank at 30 watts and up the vapor gets uncomfortably hot

Sadly I haven't tried the temp control yet

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I'm still a novice when it comes to vaping and the pegasus was my only my second regulated mod so I can't get technical but I hope I have some info that helps

It is a finger print magnet but I love the way it feels in my hand the dial is great I like to change watts and with it you can go from 1 to 70 in a second or turn it slow for 1 watt at a time

I haven't timed it but it charges fast and depending on your build lasts for a long time it has a spring loaded battery door that opens and closes easy with the simple movement of your thumb

I only have 1 tank (orchid v6) and 1 rda (cats clone) atm the pegasus works amazing with the rda but with the tank at 30 watts and up the vapor gets uncomfortably hot

Thanks @Dex_based for chiming in! That is more info than I could have provided ... :)

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yes thanks for the info
It might be a good bargain

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you get it give us your opinions it may turn out to be a great mod at a reasonable price
Absolutely love it, the ease of use, it DEF will be one of my most used mods to date!!!
IMG_20150921_143523556_zps9piancdn.jpg

just hope the battery door hinge holds up, it is the only thing I am unsure of.

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Whiskey I'm glad to hear your response on the Pegasus. I have one on the way this week and really looking forward to it with my Crown tank. What is the tank and drip tip you have on it in your picture?

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right...forgot you are a MTL fan, :oops:

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well i decided
Watched all the reviews on the Pegasus and decided on the
Evict VTC mini i got it at a cheaper price and it seems to be a great little mod the reviews for this one seemed great plus it was $25 cheaper

vaportester

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It falls a bit between the tables, it's a bit too expensive but yet not a budget device. To me it's just weird but it looks great with the table charger.

asinanro2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is my brother pegasus on tc mod using nic200 coil.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Dex_based has one for sale in the forums. I asked him if he could chime in over here with any info ... @Whiskey I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about it.
I liked it at first, but for some reason it decided to go to TC mode and I can't figure out how to get it back into regular mode, fried a couple coils on it, pissed.

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I liked it at first, but for some reason it decided to go to TC mode and I can't figure out how to get it back into regular mode, fried a couple coils on it, pissed.
It went into TC on its own from power mode? Obviously you tried to get it back with new coils and fire button press and hold but it still goes into TC? That's really strange...a bum unit? Can you get a replacement or refund? I've been running mine in power mode since I got it and no issues, in fact, I'm liking it a lot. Hope you get a resolution.

RenoMama

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My husband picked up the odyssey kit last week. To get out of TC mode hold the fire button for 3 seconds with a regular coil installed. I've heard switching modes is one of the main draw backs since it can take a few tries before the mod recognizes the different coil. Hope that helps!

vaportester

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like it, the scrollwheel is really nice, easier to adjust wattage. But it's a little lackluster aswell, a price drop to 39$ would be perfect.

spawny

Member For 4 Years
I just got the pegasus/triton kit yesterday. $95 usd. I'm new to vaping. First mod I bought ( 2 weeks ago?, maybe less)was the itaste vtr, which is perfect for the crazy work environment I subject myself to daily. The pegasus will stay home and on the charge cord, however. I had it drained to where it would barely vape yesterday in about an hour. Since I'm gone 13 hours a day I can't depend on it to appease my 2 pack a day marlboro addicted bodies needs.

I think it's awesome, when the battery has charge, gets low and bleh. Also I have 2 different 13650 batteries, 2 of each actually:
GTL 5300 mAh
and
ukltrafire 6800 mAh
The GTL's will go in the pegasus but the battery door will not fully close flushly, whereas the ultrafires do.

I may try taking it to work tonight, I figure I should be hitting it less than if I was carrying the vtr. I can charge it during lunch in my car's usb. I honestly don't think it'll last the night/morning though.

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got the pegasus/triton kit yesterday. $95 usd. I'm new to vaping. First mod I bought ( 2 weeks ago?, maybe less)was the itaste vtr, which is perfect for the crazy work environment I subject myself to daily. The pegasus will stay home and on the charge cord, however. I had it drained to where it would barely vape yesterday in about an hour. Since I'm gone 13 hours a day I can't depend on it to appease my 2 pack a day marlboro addicted bodies needs.

I think it's awesome, when the battery has charge, gets low and bleh. Also I have 2 different 13650 batteries, 2 of each actually:
GTL 5300 mAh
and
ukltrafire 6800 mAh
The GTL's will go in the pegasus but the battery door will not fully close flushly, whereas the ultrafires do.

I may try taking it to work tonight, I figure I should be hitting it less than if I was carrying the vtr. I can charge it during lunch in my car's usb. I honestly don't think it'll last the night/morning though.
I highly recommend that you get a pair of good 18650 batteries like the LG HG2 and a charger. Much easier to charge the battery outside of the mod and you can take the spare with you for a quick swap. Also, battery time will depend on how you vape and wattage level but I've found this mod lasts longer using TC. Once mine gets to about 50% charge left the vape is pretty weak so I find myself swapping batts early. Good luck on your vaping journey, lots of info and good people to help here.

spawny

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the input woody. I've already got the charger and took 2 batteries with me to work last night, only made it through the day because of the cars usb though. I'll still pick up the LG batteries. Just got home and switched to the tc coil. Took me a little while to realize to crank the heat up to 350 to get it to finally vape. Yes, I primed it first. We'll see how that goes. Any recommendation on a temp setting?

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the input woody. I've already got the charger and took 2 batteries with me to work last night, only made it through the day because of the cars usb though. I'll still pick up the LG batteries. Just got home and switched to the tc coil. Took me a little while to realize to crank the heat up to 350 to get it to finally vape. Yes, I primed it first. We'll see how that goes. Any recommendation on a temp setting?
You will have to play around with the temp to find a vape you like. I found the 480-520 range was a reasonable compromise for vape quality and battery life.

spawny

Member For 4 Years
Thanks. I've got it at 350 now and it's decent enough. I assume the lower the temp the longer the battery lasts...

I have this mod and overall I really like it. Fingerprint magnet-yes. The TC I had a big issue with at first but now have it figured out. I HAVE to pull the battery, put it right back in and as soon as my screen finishes starting up I inhale while firing just as if I was vaping. Then it'll recognize the coil and switch over. That works for both to and from TC. My biggest complaint is the power when batteries start getting low. As soon as it's down to 3/4 battery you start loosing power. I can't stand using it once it gets to half way. I just keep a couple charged batteries with me all the time and just switch them out. Other than that I really like the mod. Take this all with a grain of salt though because this is my first and only mod so far. I'm looking for more power and looking at ordering a Xcube 2 today.

VU Sponsors