Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

ck342

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Based on the great reviews, I sought out and bought the Revvo tank from a reputable retailer (Coval Vapes). While the flavor and vapor production are great, the tank leaked terribly from the air vents. Because the location of the leak is so close to the coil, the liquid leaking out was scalding hot. Twice with vaping in bed I received painful burns to my chest and mouth. I contacted Aspire about the problem and they asked for my receipt (which I provided) as well as the batch number and security code. These must have been on the outer box cover, which I discarded right after my purchase. When I told Aspire this, their response was that since they couldn’t verify my tank was an authentic Aspire product, they could be of no further help. As if someone has tooled up to counterfeit a $25 tank! Either I bought a defective unit or the Revvo has a serious design flaw. Either way, the customer service rep I dealt with just sucked.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smokie, the factory info on the flat coils says 0.10 to 0.16 ohm Replacement Coils.
That seems like an a lot of variance. What did yours ohm out to?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Based on the great reviews, I sought out and bought the Revvo tank from a reputable retailer (Coval Vapes). While the flavor and vapor production are great, the tank leaked terribly from the air vents. Because the location of the leak is so close to the coil, the liquid leaking out was scalding hot. Twice with vaping in bed I received painful burns to my chest and mouth. I contacted Aspire about the problem and they asked for my receipt (which I provided) as well as the batch number and security code. These must have been on the outer box cover, which I discarded right after my purchase. When I told Aspire this, their response was that since they couldn’t verify my tank was an authentic Aspire product, they could be of no further help. As if someone has tooled up to counterfeit a $25 tank! Either I bought a defective unit or the Revvo has a serious design flaw. Either way, the customer service rep I dealt with just sucked.
You can not blame the MFG because it was your responsibility to check Product Verification before using. I would contact Coval to replace or refund, but if they refuse then dispute the CC charge as defective product.
Capture.JPGtgegegegheh.JPG

ck342

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This argument assumes my tank is counterfeit. I bought the tank from a brick and mortar vape store and an authorized dealer of Aspire products, not online, at a flea market or from a head shop that sells some vaping gear. Should Walmart customers scan and verify the contents of their shopping carts or is this critical practice limited to vaping products?

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As if someone has tooled up to counterfeit a $25 tank!

Don't be so naive. It happens all the time.
Shockingly, that's exactly why the mfg protects their customers with the security feature you threw out.

I suggest you completely disassemble the tank and make sure the spring-loaded fill-port is still springing
and re-assemble tightly. At least that way you'll know you've eliminated user error as a possible cause.

VU Sponsors