Become a Patron!

Aspire tank help

Straydonkey

Member For 3 Years
Ok, I am new to box mods. I have a sigelei 213 with an Aspire tank. I took apart and cleaned it and now it leaks very bad and smoke is entering the clear part of the tank...Please help

Attachments

• 20170325_161043.jpg
    20170325_161043.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 23

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Which Aspire tank is that ?

This can be caused due to missing o-rings and such. Double check that you are not missing any o-rings and that the coil is properly installed.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Either this is black electrical tape (not likely) or you pinched the o-ring and air is getting in.
Tanks create a vacuum so that the juice does not drain out like a sieve. If your o-rings are not installed correctly and sealed, you will get juice leaking out.

2017-03-26 01_45_26 (Large).png

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Either this is black electrical tape (not likely) or you pinched the o-ring and air is getting in.
Tanks create a vacuum so that the juice does not drain out like a sieve. If your o-rings are not installed correctly and sealed, you will get juice leaking out.

View attachment 77813
Good eye!

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

Straydonkey

Member For 3 Years
It's not tape. I think I lost an o-ring. does anyone know what aspire tank this is? I would like to see if I can order an o-ring set for it.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Straydonkey

Member For 3 Years
e22ffbd7c1737fdf5ee98ada5fd40118.jpg
this is where juice is leaking from

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's your air flow adjustment which turns to open or close off air flow, and should be closed completely when filling the tank.
So 2 issues right off are the seating of your o-rings and shutting off that air flow when filling the tank, that has caused your tank to leak out.

Last edited:

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
does anyone know what aspire tank this is
From your pictures posted, I'm not able to find an Aspire tank that looks like yours. Do you have a box that it originally came in or anything by chance?
Is there any kind of etching / writing on the tank ?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you still have the box that the atty came in, it should have extra o-rings as well.

upload_2017-3-27_15-33-0.png

Straydonkey

Member For 3 Years
Nope, no box. Bought it from my wifes daughters friend for $20 lol I didnt ask any questions lol

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How does stuffing a pre-manufactured coil with more cotton fix the root of the problem? I'm curious how you came to this conclusion...
Idk anything about your tanks, but if it's got holes bet you could fit some cotton in there. Sure u disassembled some coilheads

Last edited:

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Idk anything about your tanks, but if it's got holes bet you could fit some cotton in there. Sure u disassembled some coilheads
While I understand where you are going with this idea, it is incorrect 1) for the type of coils he has --- he has the Ceramic coils, which do not have cotton in them and 2) That does not fix the root of the problem, that is nothing more than a bandage for the bleeding. And as with all bandages, they eventually absorb through and the problem is still there, along with the bloody mess.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
While I understand where you are going with this idea, it is incorrect 1) for the type of coils he has --- he has the Ceramic coils, which do not have cotton in them and 2) That does not fix the root of the problem, that is nothing more than a bandage for the bleeding. And as with all bandages, they eventually absorb through and the problem is still there, along with the bloody mess.
As far as i know, crown doesn't make ceramic coils. they pretty much took a stance against them and deemed them "unsafe"
Plus 99% of "ceramic" coils still have cotton in them. Only a few i know of that don't actually use cotton.
Hopefully he isn't vaping Ni coils

Straydonkey

Member For 3 Years
I used a cheap pen vape for 6 years, this is my first box so im still learning. But do to money shortage it will have to wait till April then I'll get a new tank. I love this mod tho, very happy with it. Segelei 213

VU Sponsors