Become a Patron!

Aspire Triton and a mouth full of juice....yikes!

MotoVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, just picked up this tank thinking it would be a little better than my V2 Atlantis and so far it's been letting me down. Just vaping on some Dr.Crimmy's and got myself a mouth full of juice on stock .4 coil head. Feel like with just having juice sitting in it there is some flooding going on. So now I have a new tank that is not cutting it, anyone else having issues?

mrmoodz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sounds terrible. This may seem like a dumb question but is the coil screwed down all the way? Have you tried a different coil?

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you filled up the tank, did you check to make sure no juice got around the area where the tip goes?

I noticed when I did not clean that up after filling, a bit of juice got in around the top air hole. Thus I ended up getting some juice in my mouth. After that I started cleaning it up after I filled up and it has not happened since.

MotoVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Last night after posting this and switching over to my V2 I check my coil, everything is good there. J3rain, found that out with first fill up so I have been cleaning it when adding some juice. When looking at chimney in refill area it looks a little out of round so it's possible the seal around it to keep juice from coming in might not be doing it's thing. There is just a good chance the stock coil went bad right away for all I know and might just need to be changed out. Have not had this problem with my original Atlantis, V2 or my Arctic tank. Did send an e mail off to Aspire USA so we will see were this goes.

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've heard they chalk a lot of stuff up to "user error." but I've also seen brand new DOA coils too.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hopefully it gets worked out for you.
I love my Triton, I hope it does not poop out on me.

MotoVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just put in the other coil this morning and is sitting right now, waiting until giving it another go. I can understand user error since so many are getting into vaping, but there are going to be duds making it past QC. Good chance if not being able to sort this out myself I am just stuck with a bad tank but why not take a shot with Aspire USA.

vapereloaded

Member For 4 Years
I just pre-ordered this together with the RTA system. I hope I don't get issues with the unit.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

MotoVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Stock .4 coil head was DOA which is awesome since I do like this tank, have not had this happen with my other tanks so was a little over reacting here.

Last edited:

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unfortunately a bad coil can cause lots of issues. Glad u got it sorted out. I had a evod coil once literally glow red, like it was just straight kanthal and no cotton. That was on like the first puff too after I primed it, maybe it needed to sit for 2 hrs instead of 1 to prime it lol.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I had it happen too but found that if you leave any juice in the top section after refilling and closing the ring you will get juice in your mouth. I make sure to wipe out the cavity after refilling and all is good.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
The triton comes with aspire Atlantis type coils. The wire is stainless and lacks the flavor in my opinion. The nickle coils in this tank are great

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just bought the triton late last week and can tell you all Aspire products leak. Also put in the super tanks by tobeco coils in instead of the crap aspire coils. Super tank coils wick 100 times better and have superior taste. I am preferring my triton over my 8 super tanks I now own. The airflow and taste is much better.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

MotoVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am going to play around with my Triton a little more when needing to pick up coils soon, using my Arctic tank since having a full 5 pack sitting around. None of my Atlantis tanks leak but do agree the coils do not seem to work very good, flavor comes and goes away rather quick with these. I would like to see if the stainless steal coil head are better than kanthal coil heads. Can say the 1.8 coil does work rather well for mount to lung and tank lasts the whole day while at work with good battery life, I am more a lung hitter otherwise.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just bought the triton late last week and can tell you all Aspire products leak.

I have to disagree here. I have a triton, atlantis v2, nautilus, and several nautilus mini's and none of them have ever leaked on me.

My only complaint about my triton is the inability to take it apart fully for cleaning. I also want to bead blast the glass like I have on my other glass tanks and can't due to it being a 'sealed' unit. It makes cleaning for flavor swapping a bitch too. I have had to boil it, then wait several hours for it to dry. Glad I own several other tanks and drippers.

A v2 triton that can come fully apart needs to happen.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just bought the triton late last week and can tell you all Aspire products leak. Also put in the super tanks by tobeco coils in instead of the crap aspire coils. Super tank coils wick 100 times better and have superior taste. I am preferring my triton over my 8 super tanks I now own. The airflow and taste is much better.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

So do the super tank coils fit the triton? I know that Atlantis coils fit in the super tank, but didn't know it works the other way too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes they do and they work much better than stock Atlantis coils

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

MotoVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes they do and they work much better than stock Atlantis coils
Going to give those coils heads a shot then since needing some for my Triton, never really been very impressed with Atlantis coils. I have been doing research recently about which coils work in different tanks so this adds to what has been learned so far. All that is wanted is tasting better flavor from the juices I use. Still new to vaping since only five month into giving up cigs after 35 years of smoking.

c76649a377c4c42dc79e790ecc9d1f.jpg

AndyF150

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been using the Herakles .6ohm coils in my Triton with good success. They can also be fired at a higher wattage than the Aspire coils.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been using the Herakles .6ohm coils in my Triton with good success. They can also be fired at a higher wattage than the Aspire coils.
May need to try some of those with my ijust 2 tank, I've used Triton coils in it so it should be fine, that battery on a fresh charge just puts out too much power even for the coil that came with the tank.

i just picked up the aspire triton 2. I was getting lots of juice in my mouth so I adjusted the airflow to half way down and the juice stoped coming out

VU Sponsors