Become a Patron!

Aspire triton coil

RBrewer15

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I recently purchased the aspire triton and I've been pleased with the overall performance of the gang until the
.4 ohm coil burnt out and I went to put the other coil that comes with it in. It barely hits and shutters a lot and I'm unable to vape on it. Anyone else have this problem or solution to fix it or is that coil just a defect from aspire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrKvapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First thing I would do is get another coil - not unusual to get a bum coil now and again, but you might check to see if the O ring may have gotten whacked out and is preventing you from screwing the coil in all the way. You'll loose juice either way so I'd switch the coil out.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
According to Aspire the new tank comes with a 0.4 installed and a 1.8 Kanthal coil. The 0.4 is a SS coil.They are completely different coils and require different settings. The 1.8 coil is for MTL style vaping. It's rated at 10 -13 watts and has a tighter draw. It will never hit the same as the 0.4Ω coil. The older Triton 2 comes with a 0.5 Clapton and a 1.8 Kanthal. Because you said 0.4 I guessing you have the new tank. If you like the 0.4 coil you'll need to buy more.

RBrewer15

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea I asked the person working at the vape shop I got it from about it and they said the same thing about that coil being for low wattage. I'm using a tesla two 100w so that must've been the problem

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you hit that coil with 100 watts it's toast. Because your using power mode I recommend the new Aspire EVO 0.4 or 0.5 Clapton's if you can find them but everyone has the 0.4 SS coil. The SS coils can also be used in TC mode.

RBrewer15

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I tried to find the clapton but all my vape shop had was the .3 ohm coils which are pretty good.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd suggest getting them on line as there usually half the price as a B&M.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

RBrewer15

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've been vaping dead shriners blueberry max vg with no nic and have gotten terrible heartburn and chest pain or lung pain or something. Anyone else experience this with juices?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping dead shriners blueberry max vg with no nic and have gotten terrible heartburn and chest pain or lung pain or something. Anyone else experience this with juices?

Yep it's called over-vaping.Just chill out for a bit and have a few big sips of water and maybe a shot of booze.

VU Sponsors