Become a Patron!

Aspire triton question

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I finally converted my boss to vaping and we went to a local B&M and he got the sigelei 75w and aspire and we put the .4ohm coil in primed it and juiced it up (unfortunately they didn't have the rebuild kits in stock so he is ordering one so that I can rebuild his deck for him).

My main question is he had been having pretty bad issues and was wondering if anyone else has that problem or a fix for it.

Thanks

SpyderHD-MC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What type of issues? with the tank itself? or with the Sigelei 75w.

If he is having issues with the tank, it could be over wicking, I've had this problem with mine. Some others I know that have purchased the Triton swear by it and have no issues with the tank whatsoever. The Triton tends to wick up at saturate the coil and even leaks a little. I also have the Sigelei 75w and really like the mod, using the Triton and Atlantis V2 coils. Have had no problems with the Sig 75w - great mod, and charges up quick using the micro USB charger.

Last edited:

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The sigelei is working great it's just the leaking on the triton even when it's upright should I tell him to try to burn off some of the liquid so that it's not over saturated?
And I'm just glad I got him semi converted so far he had seen working how much I breath better and not out of breath or having other problems cause we work in the heat and I told him it's because I'm vaping and not smoking a cigarette every 30 minutes

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Some Tritons have problems with leaking - at least I've read complaints about it. Do a google search on 'triton leaking' and you'll find some things. Different people have reported leaks in different places (top, bottom, etc.) so try to find out exactly where and when it's leaking and then try some of the fixes people have posted.

Personally, I'm a bit skeptical. I had someone bring a Triton back to the store yesterday claiming it was leaking. The customer was a bit of a jerk - 'Aspire stuff is garbage', 'worst piece of c**p I've ever bought', etc. etc. We refunded his money. I've now been using the tank for a day and it works great. I suspect at least some of the 'leaking problem' is due to user error. (In all fairness, this guy's attitude left me with a bad taste in my mouth so I might not be totally impartial.)

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I never had a problem with the stock coils leaking but I did have an issue with the RTA system which I have found is hit and miss on them. The screws the are suppose to hold the kanthal in are not long enough to go in and actually hold the kanthal. I can run a paperclip through the top part of mine with the screw tightened down. I would get longer screws but these are so small I cannot even figure out where to begin looking for them. I tried a bunch of the grub screws that I have gotten as spare parts over the years and they are to big diameter wise to work. So be careful with the rebuildable system. I am currently using the anyvape/atlantis rebuildable head from ohmbusters.com in mine now.

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I should have mentioned it is leaking out of the air flow vent at the bottom

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does it leak when not in use? If so, try turning it to closed as if you were going to fill it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've done a ton of research on the triton. One place I read came to the conclusion that a small portion of the coils are defective and were not sealing at the upper part of the coil, causing it to leak.

VU Sponsors