Become a Patron!

Aspire Triton tank = poor flavor?

I recently upgraded to a Sigelei 75 watt mod and switch from kanger tech mini to aspire triton due to the constant leaking of the kanger tank. I use the same juice (Detroit underground river raisin), 0.5 ohm coil @ 28 W, but the flavor just isn't there?? Is this a bad tank? Thoughts?
Newbie to this site, great stuff on here!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
is that the V1 Triton tank? I use that tank with the OCC coils in .3 ohm, and they work great. Are they ceramic coils?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its not a bad tank, there are just a bunch of newer, more sophisticated systems available. December of 2014, this tank was all the rage, but in a couple weeks it will be subtank wars all over again with the new V8 Arctic and Herakles Plus being released with 5 or more coil combinations for each tank.

To answer your original question, might try the pin trick and poke your fresh coils in the juice holes with a needle to let the cotton wicking material absorb better. Prime your coils fully, and make sure they are tightened securely to the base. Try a lower wattage and work your way up to your sweet spot. Good luck, and welcome to VU.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently upgraded to a Sigelei 75 watt mod and switch from kanger tech mini to aspire triton due to the constant leaking of the kanger tank. I use the same juice (Detroit underground river raisin), 0.5 ohm coil @ 28 W, but the flavor just isn't there?? Is this a bad tank? Thoughts?
Newbie to this site, great stuff on here!
The Aspire Triton is a decent tank and the coils are very reliable the only downside is it's a hassle* to clean or change e-liquids.

*With no way to take it completely apart you're either stuck vaping just 1 e-liquid or having to rinse it out every single time you want to change the e-liquid you want to vape...Sigh.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I love my Triton and I use the .5 ohm Atlantis coil

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I use the Trion coils but in different tanks, love the 0.4ohm coils at 40-50w
sounds like youre using the Atlantis occ coils. thru Trion coils are ss wire with occ. they come in 0.3, 0.4 and 1.8 ohms. the ss wire makes a huge flavor difference than the other Atlantis coils. Sweet-vapes.com carries them for about 13$ for a box of 5.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could have sworn I made a comment on this earlier...I'm getting senile I think.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I could have sworn I made a comment on this earlier...I'm getting senile I think.
I get confused alot, not sure if it's the brain injury or multiple threads.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I haven't tried those clapton coils yet
I just bought the .5 ohm Clapton Coils. These things are OFF THE CHAIN! Vaping Charlie Noble Blue Bay 72/28, and the flavor is amazing and the clouds are huge in comparison to the other Triton Coils. You gotta try these out.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just bought the .5 ohm Clapton Coils. These things are OFF THE CHAIN! Vaping Charlie Noble Blue Bay 72/28, and the flavor is amazing and the clouds are huge in comparison to the other Triton Coils. You gotta try these out.
how much wattage?

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
how much wattage?
I'm running it at 42.5 Watts. These coils take some getting use to, if you have been deep tugging the regular coils. They create a lot of vapor real quick. And if you're vaping high Nic than you may have to drop it a little. Also I they work best with high vg 80/20 or higher. imo.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm running it at 42.5 Watts. These coils take some getting use to, if you have been deep tugging the regular coils. They create a lot of vapor real quick. And if you're vaping high Nic than you may have to drop it a little. Also I they work best with high vg 80/20 or higher. imo.
Umm, I've been running the 0.4 ohm coil at 50w, so. it'll be cool to back down and get better battery life.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Umm, I've been running the 0.4 ohm coil at 50w, so. it'll be cool to back down and get better battery life.
I have been running the 0.4 ohm at 45 watts, the Claptons just hit completely different.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I only bothered with the Claptons because the Stainless coils suck. Puny vapor, muted flavor, had to crank up the wattage 10-15 watts over recommendation to get any performance, then take a deep long tug just to get a decent cloud. I have not had any of those problems with the Claptons so far, and I'm running inside the recommended operating range of 40-45 watts.

VU Sponsors