Aspire Vivi Nova

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I still use Aspire heads in a Vivi Nova style tank. I personally have never had too many problems, but some friends have. I've noticed most are having problems with the 1.8 ohm heads burning the juice after just a couple hits. This is usually when using static batteries (ie: mechs, standard eGos, etc...). I've tried placing the flow holes directly over the long wick slots for better supply/flow to the coils, but still had the issues. Besides poking holes in the barrier material, does anybody have suggestions to fix the problem?

KnurledNut

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
I've only used the regular Aspire tanks/coils on my MVP2.

Using the 1.8 or 2.0 coils my watt settings have always set at 8. No issues at all.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, same here on my Vamo V3, but most vaporers I know personally use standard eGos. They don't seem to have the issue with the 2.1 heads, just the 1.8's on unregulated devices.

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I still use Aspire heads in a Vivi Nova style tank. I personally have never had too many problems, but some friends have. I've noticed most are having problems with the 1.8 ohm heads burning the juice after just a couple hits. This is usually when using static batteries (ie: mechs, standard eGos, etc...). I've tried placing the flow holes directly over the long wick slots for better supply/flow to the coils, but still had the issues. Besides poking holes in the barrier material, does anybody have suggestions to fix the problem?

I have that 'burning" issue anytime I go above 3.7. So I run my Aspire BDC (1.8) on my MVP at 3.3v/6w.. even at that I can tell the juice would be better at a lower wattage, but at least it don't taste burnt.

The majority of my heads (protank, vivi's, evod, etc...) I run 2.2 - 2.4ohms... as long as I sit between 3.3 - 3.8 on my egos they taste great.

The one I'm having the most trouble with is my iTaste VV... Just can't seem to get anything to not burn on that one. Even tried a 3ohm coil... but it took too long to heat up. :(

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have that 'burning" issue anytime I go above 3.7. So I run my Aspire BDC (1.8) on my MVP at 3.3v/6w.. even at that I can tell the juice would be better at a lower wattage, but at least it don't taste burnt.

The majority of my heads (protank, vivi's, evod, etc...) I run 2.2 - 2.4ohms... as long as I sit between 3.3 - 3.8 on my egos they taste great.

The one I'm having the most trouble with is my iTaste VV... Just can't seem to get anything to not burn on that one. Even tried a 3ohm coil... but it took too long to heat up. :(

Do you have a way of checking your voltage/power output on the VV? Sounds like it's running hot.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I find that Aspire coils do not like high voltage or unregulated mods. I use all my Aspire tanks etc on Spinners, vamo or Cool Fires. On the VV, I never go over 4 volts and mostly stay at 3.8 or .9. I also stop using the 1.8s be cause of that. the higher ones seem to work ok on anything. I agree with Chowder, check what your battery is out puting if possible. When only one device seems to burn, it normally is the problem...

PT Rampy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Left all the Nautilus troubles behind by rebuilding.

-Drill one hole 2mm all the way through the coil housing.
-Build a coil to the Ohm you desire.
-Run boiled organic cotton through the hole and coil and leave a 2mm bowtie outside of coil body.
-Wet before use and vape all day.

For added plume drill the air hole on the outside to 2m or 3mm.

Aside from destroying a few coil housings while testing methods to vastly improve the Nautilus coil, I haven't had to buy any coils in months. My coil builds typically last a week or more, and I run through 10 - 15 ml of juice per day in 3 different heads.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Do you have a way of checking your voltage/power output on the VV? Sounds like it's running hot.
I find that Aspire coils do not like high voltage or unregulated mods. I use all my Aspire tanks etc on Spinners, vamo or Cool Fires. On the VV, I never go over 4 volts and mostly stay at 3.8 or .9. I also stop using the 1.8s be cause of that. the higher ones seem to work ok on anything. I agree with Chowder, check what your battery is out puting if possible. When only one device seems to burn, it normally is the problem...

Yeah.. unfortunately I don't have a way to test the battery voltage :(

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Left all the Nautilus troubles behind by rebuilding.

-Run boiled organic cotton through the hole and coil and leave a 2mm bowtie outside of coil body.
-Wet before use and vape all day.

For added plume drill the air hole on the outside to 2m or 3mm.

Aside from destroying a few coil housings while testing methods to vastly improve the Nautilus coil, I haven't had to buy any coils in months. My coil builds typically last a week or more, and I run through 10 - 15 ml of juice per day in 3 different heads.

Pics/tutorial vid?

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Pami . Just go to someplace that sells multimeters and I am sure someone 5here can test it foreyou.

PT Rampy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aspire Nautilus Coil Rebuild:

-Run boiled organic cotton through the hole and coil and leave a 2mm bowtie outside of the coil body.
-Wet well with juice of your desire before use and vape all day.

So as you see, 8 wraps of 30 gauge Kanthal on a 1.4mm = 1.8.

I have run over 200 different builds on these heads alone using different round wire, and ribbon, this set up is just my favorite.

Some heads have been cycled 30 or more times.

For a blossoming plume drill the air hole on the outside to 2mm or 3mm and crank up the power.

Enjoy all and vape on.

IMAG0455.jpg IMAG0456.jpg IMAG0458.jpg IMAG0462.jpg

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aspire Nautilus Coil Rebuild:

-Run boiled organic cotton through the hole and coil and leave a 2mm bowtie outside of the coil body.
-Wet well with juice of your desire before use and vape all day.

So as you see, 8 wraps of 30 gauge Kanthal on a 1.4mm = 1.8.

I have run over 200 different builds on these heads alone using different round wire, and ribbon, this set up is just my favorite.

Some heads have been cycled 30 or more times.

For a blossoming plume drill the air hole on the outside to 2mm or 3mm and crank up the power.

Enjoy all and vape on.

View attachment 1114 View attachment 1115 View attachment 1116 View attachment 1117

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I'll be trying that really soon.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Aspire is coming out with the bvc coil that will work in their bdc tanks. These are not the same bvc coil that is out now for the mini and the nautilus. These will work in the bdc tanks. Should be out by the end of August . To me, they are Game changers. The mini is awesome, and it changed the full size nautilus into a beast. They last twice as long as the bdc's and the flavor and clouds are improved. I believe this is the answer to any issues. If you watch suck my mod utube video on the mini, you will see that the bvc can take very high wattage with no issues

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aspire is coming out with the bvc coil that will work in their bdc tanks. These are not the same bvc coil that is out now for the mini and the nautilus. These will work in the bdc tanks. Should be out by the end of August . To me, they are Game changers. The mini is awesome, and it changed the full size nautilus into a beast. They last twice as long as the bdc's and the flavor and clouds are improved. I believe this is the answer to any issues. If you watch suck my mod utube video on the mini, you will see that the bvc can take very high wattage with no issues

Beat me to it!

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry, I thought you were someone else. I have done some work for eigate regarding clones and because of that I am being taken care of. I am notified about the new stuff before most people. I actually am doing a presale on the bay right now for these new bvc's. Really surprised that they are not getting too much action. I kinda think that people are not understanding that they are not the nautilus coils.

This was back in May
We already sent out your goods, And tomorrow you will get the tracking number.

Besides, As my boss promised you that you will be the first one in USA to get the information about aspire new product.

I let you know now. The newest design Aspire CF battery is in production at present. The factory just release the news today.

Do you want to get the first package for the battery? like you get the first pack for the replacement nautilus tank!

I decided not to get the batteries mainly because they have so many variables . Anyway rambling on here.
Brad

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was told about the new kit they just started plastering all over Facebook about a week ago. Should do well. You can get it with a mini or their new smaller tank. Should do well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 23

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, I thought you were someone else. I have done some work for eigate regarding clones and because of that I am being taken care of. I am notified about the new stuff before most people. I actually am doing a presale on the bay right now for these new bvc's. Really surprised that they are not getting too much action. I kinda think that people are not understanding that they are not the nautilus coils.

This was back in May
We already sent out your goods, And tomorrow you will get the tracking number.

Besides, As my boss promised you that you will be the first one in USA to get the information about aspire new product.

I let you know now. The newest design Aspire CF battery is in production at present. The factory just release the news today.

Do you want to get the first package for the battery? like you get the first pack for the replacement nautilus tank!

I decided not to get the batteries mainly because they have so many variables . Anyway rambling on here.
Brad

No worries and I have been sending Aspire feedback throughout the time they released the BDC Series.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Not sure Why maybe its just one of those subjective things. I have a iTaste VV 3.0 and use Evods and iClear 16D among other Clearomizers on it with 50PG/50VG 24mg nic and mostly run at 11 watts-occasionally lower and do not notice any burnt taste. Most of my coil heads are 1.8 to 2ohm

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

could be a wicking issue. try some dry hits, to start. out of 3 or 4 dozen bdc (not counting the Naughty bdc), only a few burnt coils. in the vivi-nova, adding an air flow control greatly improved taste.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
go to suck my mod utube page and watch the one for the mini. He takes it up to I think 20 watts with the bvc

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
go to suck my mod utube page and watch the one for the mini. He takes it up to I think 20 watts with the bvc
Will do, thanks.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I use them at 3.6-4.0 V and never had a problem. They work great in my Vivi Nova-S Glassomizer.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
below is a message from one of the first guys to get the bvc coils for the bdc tanks:
So I just finished a full day of vaping on my Aspire ET-s. That in itself is a feat because while I was initially attracted to them (enough to buy 6 of them) the BDC coils ultimately left me wanting. I can't remember when I first noticed the intermittent dry plasticy hits, but once I did ...my search for another small portable tank began again.
A few weeks back I ran across a Facebook post from Brad527 On EBay advertising BVCs for non Nautilus. I had heard that the Nautilus BVCs were a much improved experience and thought I'd give the new BVC for non Nautilus coils a whirl. long story short ....perfect V, perfect T, perfect F...Mouth hit , lung sweller 3.2 to 5 on a 1.8ohm all past the test. Time will tell on longevity, but so far all good...The cost is a few $ more than the BDCs but well worth it if you're looking for a traveler that won't leave you staring at your device with "the face". These ought to be extremely popular. Thanks Brad for bringing the first BVCs for non Nautilus stateside, I'll be back for more..

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I remember when the ET-s tanks came I out I was so excited to try them out given the positive attention Aspire got from prior tanks. They were decent in my experience, have not had any burnt hits w/juice. I like the Vivi Nova-S tanks the best. This is one GREAT tank and the coils last. I usually get two weeks per coil and vape 4.0 V on 1.8 ohm resistance.

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
below is a message from one of the first guys to get the bvc coils for the bdc tanks:
So I just finished a full day of vaping on my Aspire ET-s. That in itself is a feat because while I was initially attracted to them (enough to buy 6 of them) the BDC coils ultimately left me wanting. I can't remember when I first noticed the intermittent dry plasticy hits, but once I did ...my search for another small portable tank began again.
A few weeks back I ran across a Facebook post from Brad527 On EBay advertising BVCs for non Nautilus. I had heard that the Nautilus BVCs were a much improved experience and thought I'd give the new BVC for non Nautilus coils a whirl. long story short ....perfect V, perfect T, perfect F...Mouth hit , lung sweller 3.2 to 5 on a 1.8ohm all past the test. Time will tell on longevity, but so far all good...The cost is a few $ more than the BDCs but well worth it if you're looking for a traveler that won't leave you staring at your device with "the face". These ought to be extremely popular. Thanks Brad for bringing the first BVCs for non Nautilus stateside, I'll be back for more..

Thanks for that. I didn't know Aspire just came out with BVC coils for non Nautilus tanks. Are these special coils separate from the BVC's on the market exclusively for the Nautilus or are they the same? I don't like EBay, so I'll have to find a vendor if they are.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for that. I didn't know Aspire just came out with BVC coils for non Nautilus tanks. Are these special coils separate from the BVC's on the market exclusively for the Nautilus or are they the same? I don't like EBay, so I'll have to find a vendor if they are.
Yes, a new different coil than the nautilus. Shoot me an email, we can work it out. [email protected]

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Compatibility: Mini Nova BDC, Vivi Nova BDC, Vivi Nova-S BDC, ET BDC, ET-S BDC, Maxi BDC, CE5 BDC, CE5-S BDC, Anyvape Davide, Davide King, and the Glassomizer, Vision X.Jets Spiders. Coil heads will NOT fit the Aspire T3 BDC Clearomizer or the Nautilus, or Nautilus Mini.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just want to say that I have had an excellent experience with the Aspire Vivi Nova-S glassomizer. This tank is fierce and designed very well. Some have had problems with the coils but that does not negate the tank in any way. The Vivi is the THE tank I wish was around when I started vaping years ago. I would have prayed on my hands and knees for this tank to replace those crappy ce4/ce5 clearos and all those octopus wicks hanging from the top, lasting a whole day before having to dispose of them. My BDC's have performed well no problems whatsoever. The problems I started having was with the Nautilus BVC's which I feel were poorly designed, Aspire really rushed on getting this vertical coil on the market before doing quality control, which is why so many people are getting leaks and burnt hits. They're not bad coils just could have been engineered with better precision and accuracy. Now these NEW Bvc's that will hit the market leaves me with a small measure of optimism. I would love to see a solid improvement with these coils on all of my Aspire BDC's and Davide tanks. Frankly, I can live fine without the Nautilus because it's far from the best tank out there but my Vivi and Davide are a MUST have, which is why I will not part with them, not today and not ever. I think a good price for coils is 5/$10 (I buy a lot) and always keep extras on hand. We'll see how it goes. Putting away for next month's budget. I spent too much on gear this month:p

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Compatibility: Mini Nova BDC, Vivi Nova BDC, Vivi Nova-S BDC, ET BDC, ET-S BDC, Maxi BDC, CE5 BDC, CE5-S BDC, Anyvape Davide, Davide King, and the Glassomizer, Vision X.Jets Spiders. Coil heads will NOT fit the Aspire T3 BDC Clearomizer or the Nautilus, or Nautilus Mini.
Is there a link for the original style heads in BVC?

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The only hard part to swallow is the e-bay thing. I would like to see these from a B&M or online shop. Just a personal preference not to support e-bay. Hopefully these get widely distributed and available.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
they will be available soon. I do understand your concern with ebay. there are a lot of shady people, but also some good honest people. very important to check feedback. if you check from a computer, you can see replies to negative feedback, I am amazed at the responses to some people with issues to problems. the stuff I sell, I normally get before everyone. I have a unique relationship with all the major companies, especially eigate. if you buy from me, you have no worries. I have stood behind stuff that like usps messed up, etc.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
they will be available soon. I do understand your concern with ebay. there are a lot of shady people, but also some good honest people. very important to check feedback. if you check from a computer, you can see replies to negative feedback, I am amazed at the responses to some people with issues to problems. the stuff I sell, I normally get before everyone. I have a unique relationship with all the major companies, especially eigate. if you buy from me, you have no worries. I have stood behind stuff that like usps messed up, etc.
@brad527, It doesn't have anything to do with you or your business. I'm sure you're extremely respectable and stand behind your products. However, E-bay has made it plainly obvious that they do not support the vaping community and the products/businesses contained within. Couple that with the known problems with the platform, and I just can't bring myself to utilize E-bay. However, if you use the Amazon platform, I would definitely buy your products.

Surgikill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are the bvc available for the ets bdc? I just bought two of those tanks

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Brad will those coils work with this tank.
anyvape-peakomizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice. I know indoor smoker did a review on that tank with the bvc coil and they did work cause the company didn't send him the upgrade version
So how do you what the upgrade version is.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nice. I know indoor smoker did a review on that tank with the bvc coil and they did work cause the company didn't send him the upgrade version
So how do you what the upgrade version is.

I'm referring to these NEW BVC upgrade coils; which were just released officially like yesterday. I did a review on them last week after I got a prerelease batch from Brad. Check my YouTube review of them in my sig

image.jpg

VU Sponsors