Become a Patron!

Atlantis coil rebuild question

Boshears

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have attempted to rebuild some Atlantis coils that I have around. I have rebuilt the like what I have seen on the web. When I check the ohms on it with my Sigelei it reads low resistance. Could it be it's because I'm using 22ga or what? Has anyone had this trouble? Thanks in advance.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
22ga is to low, I used 24ga and came out at 0.47ohms when I did build one.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just did mine, and boy this thing is like a whole new device now. Improved flavor, improved wicking, improved everything. 50w with 100% VG and no issues? Boy. This is gonna be daily carry now, this has just been sitting in the shelf because i was a little disappointed with the original coilheads.

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did mine with 30ga @.5 oms on a Hades 26650 authentic clone. KILLER

dirtygary

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try a horizontal build 3 mm bit 26 gauge wire 400 ss mesh to block two of the wick holes set coil directly in line with the othe to just hold coil in place with bit through wick holes through coil while you reset insulator and pin wick with rayon turns it into a whole new beast and its easier

Boshears

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try a horizontal build 3 mm bit 26 gauge wire 400 ss mesh to block two of the wick holes set coil directly in line with the othe to just hold coil in place with bit through wick holes through coil while you reset insulator and pin wick with rayon turns it into a whole new beast and its easier
I will try that nexted. I rebuilt one yesterday with 26 ga and cotton. It's running .3 ohms.

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never thought about SS mesh to wrap around the barrel. i've always used a sheet from a cotton pad.....yes the women's thing from the make-up department, one ultra thin piece wrapped around the barrel had worked like a charm but SS mesh...hmmm. more then one way to skin a cat. And yes horizontal builds are the way to go in the Aspire. Takes longer to stuff it then to twist it. But well worth it

Boshears

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have done both ways. It doesn't to seem any much more difficult between the builds of each to do.

dirtygary

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The ss is easier to put in the slots on the inside lot less fight and 6/7 wraps

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mesh in the Atlantis? Genius. #200 mesh should work best, i've managed to make that sucker wick my gennys 100vg juices.

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Would that be 100% vg juices ? I bought my 1st, 100% vg juice couple of weeks ago and had noticed that it gunked my coils faster then normal. I now have to replace my wick every 2 -3 days. Everything is just black, tasting burnt. Not sure if it's the 100% vg or what.

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Would that be 100% vg juices ? I bought my 1st, 100% vg juice couple of weeks ago and had noticed that it gunked my coils faster then normal. I now have to replace my wick every 2 -3 days. Everything is just black, tasting burnt. Not sure if it's the 100% vg or what.

It's the VG... Heard this before... Especially if it's a creamy type flavor...

Which is the way to go? Horizontal build or verticals like the original coils. I've seen it rebuilt both ways on YouTube I'm just wondering what the general consensus is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors